Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Well, I'm glad you're alright. Terribly sorry, have been replying to PMs from a girl who's obviously trying to chat me up all day.:cool: Trust me, I only wish I was joking.
    Poor thing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    there's an LGBT chat!? I love this site

ReputationRep:
    It's seriously no wonder that most people don't exercise regularly - sports are never easy to get into if you didn't start them from an early age, and even then it's not always easy to organise a footie/rugby match etc... and in my case, it's volleyball, the princess of sports which requires a gym, a big net, etc. And don't get me started on the gym. I've been going all summer but over the past week it's been dying down to the max, I seriously cannot bare to think about how boring it will be to sit in a chair with a couple of dumbbells for 30+ min...

And cardio. I'd rather insert a dead fish into a Moose's anus than jog around a park. I have no idea how people manage to find the mental effort to jog regularly.

Sorry for the rant :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    :poke:

hey
    hey kira :dance: join me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    It's seriously no wonder that most people don't exercise regularly - sports are never easy to get into if you didn't start them from an early age, and even then it's not always easy to organise a footie/rugby match etc... and in my case, it's volleyball, the princess of sports which requires a gym, a big net, etc. And don't get me started on the gym. I've been going all summer but over the past week it's been dying down to the max, I seriously cannot bare to think about how boring it will be to sit in a chair with a couple of dumbbells for 30+ min...

And cardio. I'd rather insert a dead fish into a Moose's anus than jog around a park. I have no idea how people manage to find the mental effort to jog regularly.

sexual motivation? :p:
    seriously though, I cant stand the boredom in the gym aswel, though it gets considerably better when you have friends along to chat to when taking breaks. I dont know why, I must have gone out of my mind to have put myself in my uni's fitness membership

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, I'm in Granada. Arrived this morning, found the hostel, which seems very nice. Talked to some people there, then went on a free walking tour followed by tapas, which was awesome. Hope you're all good. :cooL:

(Original post by Gesar)
    How much do you reckon you've paid for the reservations et al?
    Covering Prague, Sofia, Istanbul, Vienna, Venice, Barcelona and Granada, I've paid about €90 in reservations. I'm keeping track as I go along, to try and maintain a semblance of financial responsibility.

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I bet they were hot :p: And for yuor brother: sweeties! Nothing says brotherly love like the gift of diabetes.
    Nah, they really weren't. There were some hot topless guys skating when we were there, whom I watched in a totally obvious manner. :p:

(Original post by zakiman)
    Kept calm until he got slowly pushed back my a bystander, then straightened my tie :P It's good practice for when I get to the emergency dept :P
    (Reply to my pm boi! And i have more Qs for you)
    You unflappable man of cool, you.

(Original post by Kaskade)
    There is indeed. Hey there!

(Original post by trm90)

I'm planning on taking up running/jogging regularly once I get back from Europe; I find things in a routine are much easier to keep doing, so I'll probably figure out a route and do it like a robot every morning. Before I buggered off to a life on the road I did press-ups each morning and sit-ups each night, which worked well because I didn't give myself a chance to consider whether or not to do them.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand press-ups. They build my blood pressure in my head and give me an awful head-ache.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very bored..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays, I'm in Granada. Arrived this morning, found the hostel, which seems very nice. Talked to some people there, then went on a free walking tour followed by tapas, which was awesome. Hope you're all good. :cooL:

Covering Prague, Sofia, Istanbul, Vienna, Venice, Barcelona and Granada, I've paid about €90 in reservations. I'm keeping track as I go along, to try and maintain a semblance of financial responsibility.

Nah, they really weren't. There were some hot topless guys skating when we were there, whom I watched in a totally obvious manner. :p:

You unflappable man of cool, you.

There is indeed. Hey there!

I'm planning on taking up running/jogging regularly once I get back from Europe; I find things in a routine are much easier to keep doing, so I'll probably figure out a route and do it like a robot every morning. Before I buggered off to a life on the road I did press-ups each morning and sit-ups each night, which worked well because I didn't give myself a chance to consider whether or not to do them.
    I find that I work best with a completely uncompromising routine too. I used to run so much before I went to university and got incredibly lazy/constantly sick. And I'm now too weak to even contemplate attempting press-ups. :nooo: But all this will change. :yep: I posted a thread in the fitness forum asking for help working out a routine etc. which was the biggest mistake of my life. They are so rude.

On an entirely different note, my Latin and Greek tutor (David Raeburn) used to be headmaster at your school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I find that I work best with a completely uncompromising routine too. I used to run so much before I went to university and got incredibly lazy/constantly sick. And I'm now too weak to even contemplate attempting press-ups. :nooo: But all this will change. :yep: I posted a thread in the fitness forum asking for help working out a routine etc. which was the biggest mistake of my life. They are so rude.

On an entirely different note, my Latin and Greek tutor (David Raeburn) used to be headmaster at your school.
    Yeah, I thought it would probably be best to steer clear of the fitness forums here. I should really do weights, but running is more my thing.

And this is true. I met him when we went up on a visit to Oxford with a few other classics students from school. Seems like a cool guy.

ReputationRep:
    And this is true. I met him when we went up on a visit to Oxford with a few other classics students from school. Seems like a cool guy.
    Are you talking about Raeburn or Cthulu?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought it would probably be best to steer clear of the fitness forums here. I should really do weights, but running is more my thing.

He's a rather sweet old man, but he can say the most hideously inappropriate things sometimes. We also have a theory that he's rather keen on young, good looking male undergraduates as well. As a teacher, though, I don't think there's anyone better.

Oh, I meant to say, well done on getting 45 for your bac - that's amazing!

(Original post by Gesar)
    Are you talking about Raeburn or Cthulu?
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaskade)
    Welcome!!!

ReputationRep:
    I second that, I love this site. LGBT chat tops it all off. Hi guys!

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Evening, all.
    How is everybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Evening, all.
    How is everybody?
    Well thanks, you?

Never asked, how did your AS exams go? Are you applying to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fab, I'm so bored, trying to browse the boards to entertain myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    :wavey:
    :jumphug:

How have you been dear?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.