Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    :lovehug:
    Awww... :godancing:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    :eek: Are you accusing me of shoddy PCR prep? Hmph!

:p: Nah, no contamination, just too high a primer concentration, so there was partial complementarity and amplification etc. I'm retrying it later with a lower [primer], and if it still happens then I'll retry with an adjuvant to prevent secondary structure formation. I are scientist!

Inorite I love funny science words.
    Maybe I am! xD

Sorry about the crap I wrote to you on MSN.
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Can someone translate?
    I don't get it myself. xD I'm actually quite sure the message I wrote while pissed out of my head (above), makes much more sense than that! :yep:

Yay! I found where I hid my wallet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    In other news, I'm off to get my hair cut and buy new clothes I'm sure I hate hair cuts and clothes shopping more than is normal.
    I dislike hair cuts quite a lot. I'm not good at the whole small talk thing, and I feel really awkward sitting there in silence >< As for clothes shopping, I enjoy it but pretty much only when shopping online. The highstreet shops have nothing I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Maybe I am! xD

Sorry about the crap I wrote to you on MSN.
    Pfft, I'd beat you any day in a PCR-off :p: And no need to apologise, mainly because I haven't seen it yet xD. I'll be home in a couple of hours though, maybe you can apologise then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    My God Nottingham has to be one of the most gay friendly unis in the UK. I've just received (and i presume every fresher has) in the post info from them telling me how to get involved what events they've got lined up etc etc. Yay for nottingham
    This post has literally made my month! :woo:

I'm the Students' Union LGBT Officer at Nottingham Uni this year and worked flat out with my committee in the summer to try and make sure those leaflets were printed and delivered to the SU in time to go out in packs. I've been nervously waiting to find out if our efforts paid off and evidently they did! :woo:

Look forward to meeting you in September at our Meet and Greet event maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    In other news, I'm off to get my hair cut and buy new clothes I'm sure I hate hair cuts and clothes shopping more than is normal.
    I don't mind buying clothes, but I have serious issues with having my hair cut. I try to make appointments as late in the evening as possible, because I always have to be drunk before I go ... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egg.goddard)
    This post has literally made my month! :woo:

I'm the Students' Union LGBT Officer at Nottingham Uni this year and worked flat out with my committee in the summer to try and make sure those leaflets were printed and delivered to the SU in time to go out in packs. I've been nervously waiting to find out if our efforts paid off and evidently they did! :woo:

Look forward to meeting you in September at our Meet and Greet event maybe?
    Aww I'm so glad I really did appreciate the leaflet Made me feel rather welcome I'll definitely be getting involved

I'll be at the meet and greet for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I don't mind buying clothes, but I have serious issues with having my hair cut. I try to make appointments as late in the evening as possible, because I always have to be drunk before I go ... :o:
    Now that is a good idea. I'll try that next time.

I dislike hair cuts quite a lot. I'm not good at the whole small talk thing, and I feel really awkward sitting there in silence >< As for clothes shopping, I enjoy it but pretty much only when shopping online. The highstreet shops have nothing I want.
    Yeah I just sit there in silence. Though I usually give them a 20%+ tip so they can't complain :p: (Haircut only costs £9 though - I would definitely not give 20% if I had a styling done).

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    They don't get to choose their pope though, which is sad my mum is supposed to be a Catholic but she is turning her back, largely because of him

(and the priest who wouldn't let her take communion at her mother's funeral)
    They don't do much about it though. If I heard more about catholics protesting the pope then I'd hate them less, but as it is you only ever hear about how everyone respects him etc.

Why did he not let her take communion? :confused: Are women not allowed to?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with religious people?! Someone wants to hold a burn-a-koran day, fine, do it. American muslims: Don't cave on your not-a-mosque-not-at-ground-zero mosque ffs, you're pathetic. American christians: You're uneducated, republican, war-mongering, superiority-complexed fascist dicks. Afghan muslims: Hold a burn-a-bible day rather than riot, you fecking morons.

Gah :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yeah I just sit there in silence. Though I usually give them a 20%+ tip so they can't complain :p: (Haircut only costs £9 though - I would definitely not give 20% if I had a styling done).
    You tip your hairdresser? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You tip your hairdresser? :eek:
    Of course! You don't?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Of course! You don't?!
    Err I don't either. Worse so, my last hairdresser was a friend of mine doing my haircut for free and gets payed less than minimum wage at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Now that is a good idea. I'll try that next time.

They don't do much about it though. If I heard more about catholics protesting the pope then I'd hate them less, but as it is you only ever hear about how everyone respects him etc.

Why did he not let her take communion? :confused: Are women not allowed to?
    Everyone protests him quietly :p:

He refused to let her take communion (in 2003) because she married in the CofE (in 1989). However, every other church she's been to for various different masses has not had an issue with her taking communion...he's just a **** xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Of course! You don't?!
    No, I've never tipped my hairdresser, I didn't realise that was the done thing? They never have a tip jar, they just charge me £X for the haircut and I pay it ><

ReputationRep:
    No, I've never tipped my hairdresser, I didn't realise that was the done thing? They never have a tip jar, they just charge me £X for the haircut and I pay it ><
    Well, the place I go to has people tip their hairdressers, which is why I do it. Each hairdresser has their own individual tip jar at their station.

ReputationRep:
    Same here :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My hairdresser undercharges me and refuses to take a tip the joys of telling them to use their imagination...

ReputationRep:
    You're all cheap :p:

In other news, I'm starving And dinner won't be ready for another half hour :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Each of the Labour leadership candidates fully endorses gay marriage :yep: When the ConDemed fail, they each promise to have gay marriage instigated in the next parliament (assuming Labour get in, of course).

Sadly, the most lgbt-friendly one is Diane Abbott - she's a nutter though and would never win a general election so I don't particularly want her to win the leadership race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Each of the Labour leadership candidates fully endorses gay marriage :yep: When the ConDemed fail, they each promise to have gay marriage instigated in the next parliament (assuming Labour get in, of course).

Sadly, the most lgbt-friendly one is Diane Abbott - she's a nutter though and would never win a general election so I don't particularly want her to win the leadership race.
    I really wish John McDonnell hadn't dropped out in her favour. I would have voted for him.
    He's also awesome. Him and Dennis Skinner are my favourite MPs :love:

ReputationRep:
    After days of struggling to continue with writing my personal statement, I'm finally making progress. :woo:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.