Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why the heck does my phone have the greek alphabet under the normal 'multiple taps' (in fact I get to greek letters before I get to the relevant number), but not a bloody apostrophe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Why the heck does my phone have the greek alphabet under the normal 'multiple taps' (in fact I get to greek letters before I get to the relevant number), but not a bloody apostrophe?
    Hmmm, perhaps it's the work of some covert initiative to promote Classics among technologically minded people. We need these types or we'll never work out how to digitise all of our books and spread Classics to the WOOOOOOORLD. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Hmmm, perhaps it's the work of some covert initiative to promote Classics among technologically minded people. We need these types or we'll never work out how to digitise all of our books and spread Classics to the WOOOOOOORLD. :yep:
    Ok, I'll buy that :p: It might actually be useful for maths-texts. (Yes, they exist).

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe it's for people who are from Greece :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Or maybe it's for people who are from Greece :p:
    Now that's just a ridiculous suggestion. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Now that's just a ridiculous suggestion. :p:
    Indeed it is, especially since I only have access to 8 letters :p:

I'm going to go to bed now and read my zombie novel :yep: It's quite good. I've never read a horror book before but I've been pleasantly surprised by this one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm tireeeeed, but had a fun evening, night all

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, I'm in Lisbon. Two nice surprises thus far: unexpected time change gave me an extra hour here this morning, and free wifi in the train station. Although I have a feeling I'll keep using Spanish by accident and annoying people, since it seems the languages have differences even in the meagre few phrases I know.

(Original post by KiraMayz)
    After days of struggling to continue with writing my personal statement, I'm finally making progress. :woo:
    I started working on rewriting mine last night on the train; at least if I really can't write anything competent I can just use what I put last year, which is nice.

(Original post by Gesar)
    You sure it's not just set to Greek? Even my antique phone can switch to Greek and do extra letters. Although...

...I like this interpretation better.

(Original post by Gesar)
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Swange; folk festival is on. There are morris dancers everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Uhoh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    :zomg:
    Yes :p: I have a friend who attended (And no I'm not the James that posted a comment) and he says it's not as it is described in the article :p: Well, to his knowledge anyway.

I myself have never been invited :sad: Sadly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    After days of struggling to continue with writing my personal statement, I'm finally making progress. :woo:
    Me too.

About 8 more lines to write but I am struggling to express my interest in a subject that I haven't really read about.

How is yours coming along? And anyone else who might be currently writing theirs......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Me too.

About 8 more lines to write but I am struggling to express my interest in a subject that I haven't really read about.

How is yours coming along? And anyone else who might be currently writing theirs......
    Maybe you should read about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Maybe you should read about it :p:
    :p: Haha.

Well, I have read about it, I guess I mean widely read. I'm waiting for a book I've ordered to come. It's one of those annoyingly philosophical contradictory things that doesn't seem to have one definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    :p: Haha.

Well, I have read about it, I guess I mean widely read. I'm waiting for a book I've ordered to come. It's one of those annoyingly philosophical contradictory things that doesn't seem to have one definition.
    What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    What are you applying for?
    History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    History
    Sweet I regret not taking history at uni

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uoZh_uatQ

Holy Frak. That looks amazing. I'm buying that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Me too.

Maybe you can have a look on UCL's History website and pick out a topic that you like. Then read a little about it online, and finally write about why you like it..and then blend it into what you have already written.

Sorry for the "vague" advice...but I know nothing about History. I'm applying for a subject that's quite the opposite. :p:

I have the same problem :unsure:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.