Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Maybe you can have a look on UCL's History website and pick out a topic that you like. Then read a little about it online, and finally write about why you like it..and then blend it into what you have already written.

Sorry for the "vague" advice...but I know nothing about History. I'm applying for a subject that's quite the opposite. :p:

I have the same problem :unsure:
    Thank you, this is pretty much the approach I am using. Hard to write with a headache but I need this done by tonight really. :cry:

About how many lines do you have left until your first draft is done?

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone goes to Lisbon: it is a bad city to start walking in flip-flops in. Hilly, with slipperly cobbled streets. Bah.

Also I got offered hash by at least ten people in the space of about an hour. :p:

(Original post by Gesar)
    Yes :p: I have a friend who attended (And no I'm not the James that posted a comment) and he says it's not as it is described in the article :p: Well, to his knowledge anyway.

I myself have never been invited :sad: Sadly :rolleyes:
    If I had a slightly creepy society for academic friends of Dorothy, I'd invite you.

(Original post by Jinxy)
    Me too.

About 8 more lines to write but I am struggling to express my interest in a subject that I haven't really read about.

How is yours coming along? And anyone else who might be currently writing theirs......
    As well as specifics, obviously, you could try reading prospectuses for suggestions as to what other people think is great about the subject.

I need to finish rewriting mine also. Will probably do it on the train tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    In case anyone goes to Lisbon: it is a bad city to start walking in flip-flops in. Hilly, with slipperly cobbled streets. Bah.

Also I got offered hash by at least ten people in the space of about an hour. :p:

If I had a slightly creepy society for academic friends of Dorothy, I'd invite you.

As well as specifics, obviously, you could try reading prospectuses for suggestions as to what other people think is great about the subject.

I need to finish rewriting mine also. Will probably do it on the train tomorrow.
    Oh I know why I love history as a subject, but I meant expressing my interest in new topics within history, that I've not studied.

ReputationRep:

Hash sucks :p: as do flip flops - i cannot wear them without cutting my feet to shreds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Thank you, this is pretty much the approach I am using. Hard to write with a headache but I need this done by tonight really. :cry:

About how many lines do you have left until your first draft is done?
    My first draft was about 30 lines (out of 47) but I keep adding and editing. :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I was just told that a friend of mine died in a car crash only to learn five minutes later that he's alive and some freak was spreading these lies. :|

ReputationRep:
    How sweet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    My first draft was about 30 lines (out of 47) but I keep adding and editing. :unsure:
    Mine is complete!
    At 44 lines!

:woo:

Only a first draft, though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwolf0139)
    I was just told that a friend of mine died in a car crash only to learn five minutes later that he's alive and some freak was spreading these lies. :|
    Ok that's pretty disgusting :|

ReputationRep:
    I now have a Brazilian friend :yep: She speaks fluent English, but she humours my attempts to communicate via Esperanto.

ReputationRep:
    wtf??!

ReputationRep:
    I'm very disgusted at this..

I watched It's All Gone Pete Tong tonight. What a class film that was! Very inspiring and based on a true story...
    (I've also watched Requiem for a Dream yesterday night and that was such a fantastic film, too!)
    .. Any suggestions what I can watch now? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I watched It's All Gone Pete Tong tonight. What a class film that was! Very inspiring and based on a true story...
    (I've also watched Requiem for a Dream yesterday night and that was such a fantastic film, too!)
    .. Any suggestions what I can watch now? :p:
    Get him to the greek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Ok that's pretty disgusting :|
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I'm very disgusted at this..
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    wtf??!
    I know right? It was horrible hearing that and then to hear it was some sick joke. Not funny at all.

ReputationRep:
    I know right? It was horrible hearing that and then to hear it was some sick joke. Not funny at all.
    Said sick freak would be getting a smack in the mouth from me about now :/

ReputationRep:
    That's awful. My brother had a thing recently, he works in a special needs school as a PE teacher, and one of his kids (with muscular dystrophy) collapsed on the football field with breathing difficulties and was blue lighted to hospital. Later that day, some one was telling everyone that the kid had died in hospital, and my brother was extremely cut up about it. Turns out the next day that the kid was absolutely fine and some sick **** had been spreading lies ><

ReputationRep:
    ^
    People are just ******* sick!

ReputationRep:
    I am glad he's alright though. It would hurt a lot of people if he died. His boyfriend was in tears >_<

ReputationRep:
    Are hostels fun? I'm booking ten nights in one tomorrow, just so that I'm covered for a bit whilst I look for somewhere permanent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Are hostels fun? I'm booking ten nights in one tomorrow, just so that I'm covered for a bit whilst I look for somewhere permanent.
    They vary a lot; you'll find quiet ones which will just give you a bed and bathroom, and there will be more sociable ones which are good places to meet people and go out from. I like 'em. Read reviews online to get a feel for what the place is like. Where you staying?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.