Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm here.. in Edinburgh :eek:

I feel a bit like a rabbit caught in headlights but everyone seems nice. Lots of international students so I get to learn about new cultures etc. I'm so going to annoy my German flatmate with my German . (I love that bloody language :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Grey's Anatomy series 6 finale is SO intense :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiman)
    Grey's Anatomy series 6 finale is SO intense :O
    I KNOW how far in are you? if you've not seen the finale yet then all I can say is you just wait :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    They vary a lot; you'll find quiet ones which will just give you a bed and bathroom, and there will be more sociable ones which are good places to meet people and go out from. I like 'em. Read reviews online to get a feel for what the place is like. Where you staying?
    Blue Planet, Paris. It's quite a small one, 3 bed dorms, but I'm hoping to meet as many people as I can within the first few days in order to maximise my chances of finding somewhere permanent to stay as quickly as possible.

I remember someone else on this thread in the exact same dilema this time last year...I can't remember his name though

ReputationRep:
    Hi gays! It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy moving city/settling in!

Tomorrow is the start of Freshers. I'm a bit nervous because I'm not in halls so I don't have any ready made friends but hopefully I'l meet people tomorrow.

How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    I KNOW how far in are you? if you've not seen the finale yet then all I can say is you just wait :yep:
    Megavideo stopped me with Bailey holding the dying Mercy Wester, just getting back on it! I was so shocked when Read got shot in the head :O

Finished it all now, pretty awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Finale of True Blood tomorrow. Doesn't look like there'll be much sex in it :p: Does anyone know why Sam had a sex dream about Bill in the first episode, and nothing has been made of it since?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, trying to find somewhere not earth shatteringly expensive to stay in oxford is a challenge! Any tips? :/

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Only place more tory than Oxford is Guildford. Break out your cheque-book.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my first "full" draft of my PS :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Hi gays! It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy moving city/settling in!

Tomorrow is the start of Freshers. I'm a bit nervous because I'm not in halls so I don't have any ready made friends but hopefully I'l meet people tomorrow.

How is everyone?
    Don't worry about not living in halls! It's pretty easy to make friends. Just turn up at the Fresher's events and chat the night away with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    Well, I'm here.. in Edinburgh :eek:

I feel a bit like a rabbit caught in headlights but everyone seems nice. Lots of international students so I get to learn about new cultures etc. I'm so going to annoy my German flatmate with my German . (I love that bloody language :p:)
    Hello! :sexface:

So, when are we meeting up? :p:

Btw, I've got a date next weekend. :ninja: Can you call "going to the cinema & grabbing a few drinks afterwards" a date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Hello! :sexface:

So, when are we meeting up? :p:

Btw, I've got a date next weekend. :ninja: Can you call "going to the cinema & grabbing a few drinks afterwards" a date?
    ohhh a date? eh eh :mmm:what's she like?

I thought you didn't want to meet up? we'll do it soon! when do your classes start?

It'll be weird meeting an 'internet person' but maybe you will become an irl friend :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiman)
    Megavideo stopped me with Bailey holding the dying Mercy Wester, just getting back on it! I was so shocked when Read got shot in the head :O

Finished it all now, pretty awesome!
    :yep: God I love that show And yeah that opening was a bit of a shocker- I was sat there like :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I just had to walk a mile home in torrential rain. I am not happy. Or dry

ReputationRep:
    Torrential rain is awesome. Walking in torrential rain is even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I just had to walk a mile home in torrential rain. I am not happy. Or dry
    Blue skies over London :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Blue skies over London :p:
    Big ass grey clouds over North Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    school disco tonight I'm dressing up in a shirt and tie I think I've decided which shirt and which tie lawl I have so many

I think i may go as a school boy though, with a cap turned to the side a bit (you know the styleee)

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I love Industrial/EBM. Even when I'm feeling achey and drowsy it still makes me want to get up and dance/thrash It also makes me a more productive scientist in the lab, the rhythm is great for doing my lab work hehe.

Although that said, the other day I was listening to EBM radio in the lab, and I had to change it hastily, because the song that came on was dreadful; was just a techno sort of beat with a shouty vocals going "SEXUAL... ASSAAAAAAULT... SEXUAL... ASSAAAAAAAULT!" with a chorus of "My sweat... your BLOOOOOOOOOOD!" xD Some goth bands are ridiculous :p:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.