The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have accomodation :biggrin:
Cool Cat
ohhh a date? eh eh :mmm:what's she like?

:biggrin: I thought you didn't want to meet up? :frown: we'll do it soon! when do your classes start?

It'll be weird meeting an 'internet person' but maybe you will become an irl friend :moon:

No, I just didn't want to meet up to help you settle in because your location is just too far away. :p: My classes started today actually!

And she's very, very nice! :smile: Been writing messages back and forth with her for about 3 months now.. I'll see if she's cool in real life. Admittedly, I'm kinda scared. :rolleyes:
Reply 9282
Hey gays, hope you're all well. I am tres tired.

SuperSam_Fantastiche
Blue Planet, Paris. It's quite a small one, 3 bed dorms, but I'm hoping to meet as many people as I can within the first few days in order to maximise my chances of finding somewhere permanent to stay as quickly as possible.

I remember someone else on this thread in the exact same dilema this time last year...I can't remember his name though :s-smilie:

No way, I'm staying there for two nights from the 15th. I'll let you know what it's like.

Gesar
Torrential rain is awesome. Walking in torrential rain is even better.

Well, depends on the situation. Walking in rain when it doesn't matter if you get wet (rather than in a suit carrying papers) is good.

Revd. Mike
Blue skies over London :p:

Bluer skies over Madrid. :p:
dbmag9

No way, I'm staying there for two nights from the 15th. I'll let you know what it's like.

Awesome! Shame I don't arrive until the 20th though, I could have stalked you :teeth:

Looks like I'm only gonna need one night in there though so I'll probably stay in it regardless :biggrin:
Reply 9284
Just found out that my old cello teacher passed away last night, after being diagnosed with cancer early this year. :frown:
Reply 9285
Why... why did I decide to step on the electronic scale today :facepalm: No more cake. Possibly back to cardio, my worst nightmare.

dbmag9
Just found out that my old cello teacher passed away last night, after being diagnosed with cancer early this year

Sorry to hear :hugs:
BeyondandAbove
No, I just didn't want to meet up to help you settle in because your location is just too far away. :p: My classes started today actually!

And she's very, very nice! :smile: Been writing messages back and forth with her for about 3 months now.. I'll see if she's cool in real life. Admittedly, I'm kinda scared. :rolleyes:

yeh, that helping me settle in thing was a joke :p:

aw that's nice that she's so lovely! lucky you

I'm currently feeling quite down for the most stupid reason ever :colondollar: I was out tonight and we met a group of students going somewhere else and well I.. I.. ummm, well I..oh okay..I fancied the frig out of one of them and spent the night lusting after her, came home and found out that she was in a couple with another of the girls we met. I think i just outed myself because apparently I looked really sad after I heard that :colondollar: :colondollar: :frown: urghh I hate this sometimes.

somebody told me I was a cute school boi though :cool:
trm90
Why... why did I decide to step on the electronic scale today :facepalm: No more cake. Possibly back to cardio, my worst nightmare.

Sorry to hear :hugs:

Everyone's been telling me recently that I've been losing weight. I didn't believe them until I got on the scales last weekend at my Mum's and discovered I'd lost a little over a stone in the past couple of months. You'd think I would have noticed!
Revd. Mike
Everyone's been telling me recently that I've been losing weight. I didn't believe them until I got on the scales last weekend at my Mum's and discovered I'd lost a little over a stone in the past couple of months. You'd think I would have noticed!

I don't think people do notice unless they lose a very substantial amount in a very short space of time, and unless they're actually monitoring their weight.

I've got a weight range of between 19 and 21 stone and that i flit back and forth between and never know what end of the spectrum I'm at because I never look any different :lolwut:

Congrats on losing a stone though :h:
Reply 9289
Revd. Mike
Gosh I love Industrial/EBM. Even when I'm feeling achey and drowsy it still makes me want to get up and dance/thrash :biggrin: It also makes me a more productive scientist in the lab, the rhythm is great for doing my lab work hehe.

Although that said, the other day I was listening to EBM radio in the lab, and I had to change it hastily, because the song that came on was dreadful; was just a techno sort of beat with a shouty vocals going "SEXUAL... ASSAAAAAAULT... SEXUAL... ASSAAAAAAAULT!" with a chorus of "My sweat... your BLOOOOOOOOOOD!" xD Some goth bands are ridiculous :p:

:toofunny:

I would have pissed myself laughing if I heard that song at work!
Reply 9290
dbmag9
Hey gays, hope you're all well. I am tres tired.

French? :hmmm:

Well, depends on the situation. Walking in rain when it doesn't matter if you get wet (rather than in a suit carrying papers) is good.

I had to walk the 30 minutes to the train station in cambridge in a suit for an interview once in torrential rain, and my umbrella was utterly useless. It made me feel grown up :p: Plus my suit didn't appear to get any watermarks which was a nice surprise.
Gesar
French? :hmmm:

Quoi? :p:
Reply 9292
Well... Today has been utterly ****. Night all.
Reply 9293
SuperSam_Fantastiche

I don't know what that means or even how to pronounce it and I refuse to look it up :p:
SuperSam_Fantastiche

What's the difference between "qué" and "quoi" ?

...and hello Sam. :hugs:
KiraMayz
What's the difference between "qué" and "quoi" ?

...and hello Sam. :hugs:

I'm fairly sure that "qué" isn't french :p:

Hiiiiiiiii :h:
Gesar
I don't know what that means or even how to pronounce it and I refuse to look it up :p:

Quite simply it means "what" :p:

and you pronounce it a little bit like "Kwa"

Hehehehe I just educated a Cambridge student :biggrin:
Revd. Mike
Blue skies over London :p:

Cloudy sky and 33 centigrade here, am I supposed to be happy or not
:curious: :p:
Gesar
Finale of True Blood tomorrow. Doesn't look like there'll be much sex in it :p: Does anyone know why Sam had a sex dream about Bill in the first episode, and nothing has been made of it since?

I thought that was hilariously random! It apparently is not necessarily affiliated with the story line :giggle:, I'd prefer him to sukie though, she's the stupidest character I've ever seen.
Another year of waiting now.
KiraMayz
I've finished my first "full" draft of my PS :woo:

:woo: for Kira, and :sad: for me. I finished it today too, read it through and thought that was going to be the worst piece of PS that's ever going to go out of my hand.
Reply 9298
I'm planning a night out for my birthday as none of my friends did. I cannot believe how stressful planning one night is.
Hey all.
I'm Anna, I'm 29 and I'm bi.

Latest