Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Long weekend this weekend I've decided to tak Monday off, on the grounds that I have some MAJOR packing to do. More than likely I'll end up not doing anything all day though... ><

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to London early next week :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Paris is still wonderful, the hostel is still rubbish. Had a good day seeing more sights today.

(Original post by Gesar)
    Pfft. Abercrombie and Fitch boys are pretty. French boys are inbred. (No offence meant to any french people!)
    Didn't say they're all amazing, but there are definitely some good ones. The fact that everyone wears jackets and scarves is also good.

(Original post by Laertes)
    You need a new word of the week. It's been the same one for months.
    Learn me a new word, dammit!
    'Petrichor' is one of my favourite words. It means the smell of the world after rain.

(Original post by Crisps)
    I'm back to London in a week and a half.

ReputationRep:
    Paris is absolutely gorgeous :love: Last time I was there it was only a flying visit though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Paris is still wonderful, the hostel is still rubbish. Had a good day seeing more sights today.
    I have one night in the city, what shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't say they're all amazing, but there are definitely some good ones. The fact that everyone wears jackets and scarves is also good.
    Maybe the good ones all live in Paris then :p: By 'jacket' do you mean bomber, 90s puffer, duffel, rain...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I have one night in the city, what shall I do?
    The usual touristy places are good, the Louvre is awesome. If you're there on a day with decent weather, wander past the buchinistes (sp?) on the banks of the Seine. It's a good city to wander around, although if you want to see all the sights by foot expect to have aching feet at the end.

(Original post by Gesar)
    Maybe the good ones all live in Paris then :p: By 'jacket' do you mean bomber, 90s puffer, duffel, rain...?
    I meant blazer/suit-style jackets. Plenty of pretty velvet ones.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, the Pope is really starting to piss me off now. His 'atheists = nazis lololol' comments are very close to tipping me over the edge about deciding whether to go and protest on Sunday (the park is 5 minutes from my house). If I went I'd have a Father Ted style 'Down with this sort of thing' sign.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anywhere cool to go in oxford? I'm here for the night!

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I find this funny. I have no idea why.

(Original post by icysquall)
    Ok, the Pope is really starting to piss me off now. His 'atheists = nazis lololol' comments are very close to tipping me over the edge about deciding whether to go and protest on Sunday (the park is 5 minutes from my house). If I went I'd have a Father Ted style 'Down with this sort of thing' sign.
    This makes me want to watch Father Ted, again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiman)
    Anyone know anywhere cool to go in oxford? I'm here for the night!
    What sort of thing were you looking to do? G&D's (ice-cream parlour) is always good, though I doubt it's really the right weather for ice-cream. Saying that, I've been there in December, so what do I know.

This makes me want to watch Father Ted, again.
    Do it.

Also an option is shouting 'That would be an ecumenical matter!' at passing religious types.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    What brings you to our fair city?

Also an option is shouting 'That would be an ecumenical matter!' at passing religious types.
    I've done that before

ReputationRep:
    It all makes me very sad in a weary sort of way. Everything about the whole organisation and religion depresses me to my very bones. And then there was that conservative ***** today that announced that 'The Coalition does God'... I love aggressive atheism and secularism, they're the only things stopping me from going insane. Every once in a while I realise just how goddamn stupid taking religion seriously is, and I have to go and find some Dawkins to read :p:

Aaaah. There are loads of them sorts in Cambridge. All toffs :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It all makes me very sad in a weary sort of way. Everything about the whole organisation and religion depresses me to my very bones. And then there was that conservative ***** today that announced that 'The Coalition does God'... I love aggressive atheism and secularism, they're the only things stopping me from going insane. Every once in a while I realise just how goddamn stupid taking religion seriously is, and I have to go and find some Dawkins to read :p:
    Who was that, Theresa May? Sounds like something that daft bint would say.

In happier news, I was flirting with a cute guy at the Apple store when I was picking my laptop up from being repaired.

ReputationRep:
    In happier news, I was flirting with a cute guy at the Apple store when I was picking my laptop up from being repaired.
    Ew... Apple Store :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ew... Apple Store :p:
    On my desk I currently have a Macbook (old, discovered it was still under warranty so got it fixed so i can take it to lectures etc), a Macbook Pro and an iPod touch. How much do you hate me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who was that, Theresa May? Sounds like something that daft bint would say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...baroness-warsi

Someone I've never heard of before. Still a daft bint though.

On my desk I currently have a Macbook (old, discovered it was still under warranty so got it fixed so i can take it to lectures etc), a Macbook Pro and an iPod touch. How much do you hate me? :p:
    Apple = Nazi Germany. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Hate? Not at all. Pity? Now that's a different matter :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...baroness-warsi

Someone I've never heard of before. Still a daft bint though.

Apple = Nazi Germany. 'Nuff said.
    Oh, that daft bint. Yeah, I just try and ignore everything Baroness Warsi says because it's either stupid or the exact opposite of my own view.

First the Pope, now you. I wish people would stop implying I'm a Nazi. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    What brings you to our fair city?

I've done that before
    Visiting friends :yes:.

Although I'll have some spare time on my hands, so I may go shopping :teeth:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.