Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Goddamn 24. They consistently kill off all my favourite characters, without fail. I wonder why I continue to watch it.
    Spooks has a habit of doing exactly the same thing :hmmm:

(new series of Spooks starts on Monday :teeth:)

ReputationRep:
    How much do people spend per week on food at uni on average. I was in catered halls last year so didnt have to worry about it but this year I'm renting a house. I was thinking about £25-30 a week??

ReputationRep:
    I frequently fed myself on £10 - and I'm a fat beast. Lidl <3

ReputationRep:
    ahh **** poo piss bum willy

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    That's an interesting sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Driving test...what do I wear? Went for the smart look last time and failed...not going for the "good first impressions" vibe today xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    How much do people spend per week on food at uni on average. I was in catered halls last year so didnt have to worry about it but this year I'm renting a house. I was thinking about £25-30 a week??
    It reaaaally depends on how much money you have and how you are coping with other aspects of your life. I found that if I wasn't feeling too stressed with work or societies I'd spend between £20-35. To be completely honest, I usually spent more than £40 a week as I was constantly stressed out about physics and the like, so the higher quality food I was buying just made me happier.

Essentially, how much you spend is dependent on how your prioritize food. If you want to spend more on going out you'll buy lower quality food, or if you're like me you'll spend more money on food if you think the better quality food makes you happier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    It reaaaally depends on how much money you have and how you are coping with other aspects of your life. I found that if I wasn't feeling too stressed with work or societies I'd spend between £20-35. To be completely honest, I usually spent more than £40 a week as I was constantly stressed out about physics and the like, so the higher quality food I was buying just made me happier.

Essentially, how much you spend is dependent on how your prioritize food. If you want to spend more on going out you'll buy lower quality food, or if you're like me you'll spend more money on food if you think the better quality food makes you happier.
    Thanks, I did a budget plan last night and worked out that for the first week I could spend about £35 and then the following weeks I could spend a lot less as I make everything from scratch. I've even planned my meals in advance, I feel so grown up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    Thanks, I did a budget plan last night and worked out that for the first week I could spend about £35 and then the following weeks I could spend a lot less as I make everything from scratch. I've even planned my meals in advance, I feel so grown up.
    Good tip: Make filling, hearty meals in bulk and freeze portions.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to drive for over a year, and can't pass a 40 mintute exam. Even better, the failure tends to happen 5 minutes or less into the test. ***** sake. Why am I even bothering.

ReputationRep:
    I'm making a placard for the Pope protest tomorrow. At the moment I'm going with 'Down with this sort of thing (child abuse, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, facilitating the spread of HIV/AIDS)' as my slogan, because I do love a good pop culture reference. My parents are both vaguely disapproving, which makes me want to go even more. I just need to make sure I wake up on time...

ReputationRep:
    A couple of my friends have turned down my leaving night out because of the pope visit.

Gary Glitter wouldn't have got this reception...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I'm making a placard for the Pope protest tomorrow. At the moment I'm going with 'Down with this sort of thing (child abuse, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, facilitating the spread of HIV/AIDS)' as my slogan, because I do love a good pop culture reference. My parents are both vaguely disapproving, which makes me want to go even more. I just need to make sure I wake up on time...
    A particularly good one that I saw on the news today was 'Frankly, I'd rather pay for a duck house'

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

hey.

started doing maths again Gesar?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :tea: morning all

ReputationRep:
    I simultaneously want to be this woman and to **** her hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZJpWEMJAE

:love:

also I love her style (it's kinda similar to my own at times) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :tea: morning all
    Hello there dear.

More coffee :tea:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Hello there dear.

More coffee :tea:
    Morning :hugs:

I've got a cup of fruit tea :tea: perfect

ReputationRep:
    Two things:
    Whoever mentioned 24 I had to jump loads of pots - DO NOT RUIN ANYTHING RELATED TO 24 - and if you do, spoiler it!

Secondly whoever thought of protesting with the "Down with this sort of thing!" Haha - hilariously good idea

ReputationRep:
    Morning all

am very nervous today- moving into uni accommodation. SO BLOODY STRESSFUL!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.