Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should start packing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    Morning all

am very nervous today- moving into uni accommodation. SO BLOODY STRESSFUL!
    I moved in yesterday, I had worries but it turned out that Im living with decent people. they are all worryingly straight, though :p:
    what type of accommodation are you living in?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Morning all

Good luck :wavey:

Moved in yesterday, going pretty well so far :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, long time no see. I'm in Copenhagen, which seems like a nice place. Amsterdam was fun also. Off to Berlin tomorrow night, where I stop moving for a bit (six nights), then bus off back to London.

ReputationRep:
    Wow there's an LGBT thread? How have I not noticed this before hmm.
    I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Suneil, 21, and about to start my 4th year at Imperial College doing Physics.
    I'm also currently procrastinating and avoiding the literature review I'm supposed to be writing:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Wow there's an LGBT thread? How have I not noticed this before hmm.
    I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Suneil, 21, and about to start my 4th year at Imperial College doing Physics.
    I'm also currently procrastinating and avoiding the literature review I'm supposed to be writing:rolleyes:
    Yes there is
    I'm going to Imperial this October(I can't wait to live in London!) Do you have any advice(in regards to being lgbt and at Imperial, e.g. are you part of the society etc?)
    See you there I guess!
    In other news I am getting more and more bored, french uni has started and not many people are around during the day...(but it does mean many nights out due to "freshers" week equivalent ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unperfect)
    Yes there is
    I'm going to Imperial this October(I can't wait to live in London!) Do you have any advice(in regards to being lgbt and at Imperial, e.g. are you part of the society etc?)
    See you there I guess!
    In other news I am getting more and more bored, french uni has started and not many people are around during the day...(but it does mean many nights out due to "freshers" week equivalent ).
    What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is
    See you there I guess!
    Cool, Imperial is great, you have all (of the interesting bits) of London really nearby. I never actually joined the Imperial LGBTsoc which I do slightly regret. I'm probably not going to join it this year, as I'm going to have far too much work to have time for societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Cool, Imperial is great, you have all (of the interesting bits) of London really nearby. I never actually joined the Imperial LGBTsoc which I do slightly regret. I'm probably not going to join it this year, as I'm going to have far too much work to have time for societies.
    I might join then but there are quite a few other societies that I want to join.
    (Original post by Gesar)
    What are you studying?
    I'm still not entirely sure but it'll either be electrical engineering or aeronautical engineering(I've asked for a change and they haven't replied despite me sending 3 emails...)

ReputationRep:
    I might join then but there are quite a few other societies that I want to join.

I'm still not entirely sure but it'll either be electrical engineering or aeronautical engineering(I've asked for a change and they haven't replied despite me sending 3 emails...)
    Cool. You should definitely join quite a few societies. First year is pretty much the only year you have the time to be able to join several societies. After that, you should really only stick with a couple of the societies you're most interested in. I'd definitely recommend sticking with a society and then trying to get on a committee position in later years.

ReputationRep:
    Morning all

Relax and enjoy yourself. The stressfulness you feel now isn't really all that stressful, it just gets worse as you get older so chill out while you can

EDIT: You're starting a theatre studies type thing at Solent right? Look out for a guy called James Trinder, he's my (former) neighbour and is a cool guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Maybe I should start packing...
    I've taken tomorrow off work to pack up everything I own >< It's a daunting task that I'm not much looking forward to :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I've taken tomorrow off work to pack up everything I own >< It's a daunting task that I'm not much looking forward to :|
    hey dude cheers for the rep

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Good, another scientist. We don't need any more art students :p: I hope they let you change!

ReputationRep:
    The guy I like just logged onto fb again...time to wait 10 mins before I say hello.

I should really start packing too

ReputationRep:
    I met a guy for a date on Saturday, then again today.

I haven't been this excited about a guy in a very very long time :o:

ReputationRep:
    I just wrote a post in 'Theology' section that took me an hour to write :sad:. I think I'll go to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I met a guy for a date on Saturday, then again today.

I haven't been this excited about a guy in a very very long time :o:
    Need details!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Hi I'm Sam, how are you?
    Hi Sam nice to meet you. I'm good thanks, how are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :tea: morning all
    Morning, how are you?
    Good weekend?

The weekend seemed to go so fast. Now another week has begun. Joy, lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.