Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    Hmm.... what to say?! Well....I've been in Ox a year and didn't at all get involved with LGBT stuff last year, so looking to rectify that this year. I like theatre, & am currently trying my hand at producing which has gone really well so far! Put on a black tie dinner (150) followed by a 2 hour sketch show (250) on Saturday night - which was a stonking success, and we made loads of money - I'm still overly excited by it, although I'm a bit ill/run down at the moment with 'man flu' from the exhaustion. Oh, and I'm a med student.

Will that do?
    Hello! I've been in Oxford a year have done absolutely NO LGBT stuff either. I was slightly worried I'd missed the proverbial boat and would be considered a bit of an outcast, so it's nice to hear of others like me.

I have no real excuse though, having produced no plays, dinners or sketch shows. Impressive stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It will suffice :yep: And it's very impressive! Congrats. You're lucky to have a functioning LGBT thing... My college's LGBT stuff is incredibly ****, and they even got rid of the rep this year. (To be fair though, the last two did precisely nothing). There is a club night, but I really quite dislike clubbing - and I wouldn't go on my own anyway!
    From what I've heard (mostly from you, admittedly) Cambridge sems pretty ****** for LGBT stuff. As my college's LGBT rep I can say that Oxford definitely does lots of stuff, even if the LGBt Soc is a bit crap at times. (In fairness though, I'm at Wadham so I've got no choice but to gay up the place)

(Original post by Gesar)
    Yes, evidently you are :p: Did you go jeer at the Pope earlier this week in the end?
    I overslept but managed to go for an hour or so. Then when I got back home the papal entourage drove past my house. I was stood at my bedroom window looking disapproving as they went by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    From what I've heard (mostly from you, admittedly) Cambridge sems pretty ****** for LGBT stuff. As my college's LGBT rep I can say that Oxford definitely does lots of stuff, even if the LGBt Soc is a bit crap at times. (In fairness though, I'm at Wadham so I've got no choice but to gay up the place)
    I think Queens' is just particularly bad. Other gay people here seem to have good societies :sad: The gay people at Queens' do nothing as a group, which is a shame (although two of them in my year are Roman Catholic, and both of whom are not particularly nice people, so meh)

I overslept but managed to go for an hour or so. Then when I got back home the papal entourage drove past my house. I was stood at my bedroom window looking disapproving as they went by.
    I approve :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We are legion. :p:

It's not my favourite show and I've heard some bad things about the production (Chicago'a general tendency to cast random celebrities who aren't necessarily that good in various roles irks me) but I'll take any excuse to go the the theatre. Should be going to see something in London this term, hopefully.
    I just got a last minute to go and see the 25th anniversary production of Les Mis at the Barbican tomorrow night - YAY! Very excited.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Sweden

71% of people in Sweden support gay marriage, and they have only one political party that is against it. We suck.

If Sweden didn't have such a comical and difficult language, I'd plan to move there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Hello! I've been in Oxford a year have done absolutely NO LGBT stuff either. I was slightly worried I'd missed the proverbial boat and would be considered a bit of an outcast, so it's nice to hear of others like me.

I have no real excuse though, having produced no plays, dinners or sketch shows. Impressive stuff!
    Lol. I always get very anxious about going to events alone....glad to know others are in that position too. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    I just got a last minute to go and see the 25th anniversary production of Les Mis at the Barbican tomorrow night - YAY! Very excited.
    Jealous. Though having said that, doesn't the 25th anniversary production have Gareth Gates as Marius? I already dislike Marius and I doubt he'd do much to endear me towards the character. I've listened to a recording on youtube and he ******* murders Empty Chairs.

ReputationRep:
    Jealous. Though having said that, doesn't the 25th anniversary production have Gareth Gates as Marius? I already dislike Marius and I doubt he'd do much to endear me towards the character. I've listened to a recording on youtube and he ******* murders Empty Chairs.
    I hear he's good - I'll let you know tomorrow. But John Owen Jones as Valjean, an actual full orchestra (none of this pre-recorded sinfonia ***** that's in the west end) and new set/lighting + a cheap ticket = i'm uber-excited!! :-)

So you're a theatre fan? Good to know!! What do u study etc.? [I could look on your profile but that would be too much effort].

ReputationRep:
    Hiya/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Sweden

71% of people in Sweden support gay marriage, and they have only one political party that is against it. We suck.

If Sweden didn't have such a comical and difficult language, I'd plan to move there.
    Haha Sweden is a dream of a country :p: I'm stuck in France receiving letters by catholic groups denouncing the "homosexual lobby" in France and the EU, maybe I should tell them that they've been sending these letter to the wrong person.
    I'm jealous, I'm kinda expecting Imperial to be crap on the LGBT side, but I am in London which compensates
    I was just talking to a friend who said that Cambridge had a very active LGBT scene(maybe the student groups are just lazy).

(Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    Hiya/
    Whats up?

ReputationRep:
    I crashed my laptop. Got a trojan horse on it. No clue how I accomplished that, tbh. Now I need to wait until I get home and then wait another 3 weeks until I'm going home again to have it fixed.. uuuuugh!!!
    Luckily I've got a second laptop at home. :p: Using the university's computer right now..

I hope the technician can save my files. All my muuusic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unperfect)
    Whats up?
    nout. just lurkin' around and never posted here before.
    I'm kinda new, so............. :eek3:
    What's up with you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my ******* god, the road outside my house is being resurfaced. There goes any chance of me sleeping tonight. *******s. I'm tempted to open the window and shout at them/check if there are any fit workmen.

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Hehe, I do it all the time, mainly because I'm yet to master the art of cooking for one. ><

Sorry I missed you on MSN earlier; I was doing some half arsed packing and not really paying attention to the PC ><
    oh no probs ... I was just saying hi ... since I haven't spoken to you in ages ....

ReputationRep:
    So. So. Ill.

Even my ear drums hurt :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    So. So. Ill.

Even my ear drums hurt :emo:
    Ohhh you poor thing! D: I'm not exactly perfect, myself - MASSIVE hickey on my neck and my back is kinda scratched. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Ohhh you poor thing! D: I'm not exactly perfect, myself - MASSIVE hickey on my neck and my back is kinda scratched. >.<
    I take it you didn't have a run-in with a vampire :dry:

If I'm not better by Friday (date night) I will cry :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I take it you didn't have a run-in with a vampire :dry:

If I'm not better by Friday (date night) I will cry :emo:
    A sexy vampire, who also gave me free sex. >.< :sogood:
    Ohhh here is a picture:

;P Shame he's moving to London on Saturday. :c

I hopes you get better for your date night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    nout. just lurkin' around and never posted here before.
    I'm kinda new, so............. :eek3:
    What's up with you?
    Hello. I like new people.

ReputationRep:
    Hey new guy. Piprod, stop showing off. I am still in Berlin, had a lie-in today after staying up late reading 'The Lost Symbol'. It's complete junk, to the point where I was laughing at the plot occasionally.

Not sure what I'm doing today.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.