Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It always makes me giggle when I hear people saying "the X colour line" instead of the name :p:
    And me :p:

(Original post by icysquall)
    x
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...offset=weekend

The Circle Line (yellow) IS NOT RUNNING THIS WEEEKEND. Don't worry though. The District Line (green) which shares the same tracks with the Circle Line between Victoria and Embankment is running, so your route is unchanged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Now THAT sounds like a plan. Mmmmmm white hot chocolate.....

I reccomend everyone who doesn't have Oystercards buy a 1 day Zones 1-2 Travelcard, just in case...
    Go to Apostrophe just off Oxford Street (off to the right a street or so before you reach topshop), their hot chocolate is just :love:...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ^^ :hugs: Went reasonably well Also quite hot guy interviewing me :coma:
    In that case you should have followed him after he left the interview and encouraged him to give you the job with a special job of your own. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    In that case you should have followed him after he left the interview and encouraged him to give you the job with a special job of your own. :yep:
    So subtle.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all? I have lots of work to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exhausted and stressed out. I missed my Craniosacral Therapy appointment today which I really needed (luckily the wonderful lady has managed to fit me in tomorrow when she's not even supposed to be doing it) and I have a 1500 word coursework piece due in tomorrow as I missed the original deadline.

I haven't even started it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    I'm exhausted and stressed out. I missed my Craniosacral Therapy appointment today which I really needed (luckily the wonderful lady has managed to fit me in tomorrow when she's not even supposed to be doing it) and I have a 1500 word coursework piece due in tomorrow as I missed the original deadline.

I haven't even started it yet.
    :hugs: That doesn't sound so fun. What are you having the therapy for? I think my aunt had that at some point.

Also: what's the essay on?

ReputationRep:
    It always makes me giggle when I hear people saying "the X colour line" instead of the name :p:
    It's a perfectly valid way of describing them! :p:

Thank for the directions guys. I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Is it bad that I'm already planning my outfit for the meet?

PS Another stupid question. The Oxford Tube apparently takes 100 minutes outside of the rush hour, so what time would be good to leave so I have time to make my way through the various tubes stations for 1pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    :hugs: That doesn't sound so fun. What are you having the therapy for? I think my aunt had that at some point.

Also: what's the essay on?
    Stress and various aches and pains; I normally see an osteopath but since I moved out I haven't been able to afford it

I'm not yet entirely sure what the essay is about. We have to choose our own titles and I have no idea where to begin. We have to analyse The Tempest and use Our Country's Good as wider reference. Bleh. I'm gonna have to pull an all-nighter to get it done because I'm seeing Avatar (for the second time) tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I'm already planning my outfit for the meet?
    Yes :tongue: If I go it'll end up being jeans and a hoody. Done. And re: the tube stuff, no idea I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yes :tongue: If I go it'll end up being jeans and a hoody. Done.
    You should come. :yep:

My essay deadline just got extended by 8 hours and I literally danced around my room in joy. I'm just that cool.

ReputationRep:
    You should come. :yep:

My essay deadline just got extended by 8 hours and I literally danced around my room in joy. I'm just that cool.
    Haha :tongue: We have a deadline on Saturday, and we get the Example Sheets given to us by the lecturers. However, for this course we don't have another lecture till Monday, and we have no example sheet. Surely this means no work for Gesar? Nope. Gesar emailed and asked the lecturer to put it online :cool:

EDIT: And I might come. It depends on how the above situation gets resolved :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Haha :tongue: We have a deadline on Saturday, and we get the Example Sheets given to us by the lecturers. However, for this course we don't have another lecture till Monday, and we have no example sheet. Surely this means no work for Gesar? Nope. Gesar emailed and asked the lecturer to put it online :cool:

EDIT: And I might come. It depends on how the above situation gets resolved :tongue:
    You fool! Why did you ask for work?! Mental. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You fool! Why did you ask for work?! Mental. :p:
    This is how my thought processes went:

1. I could just leave this.
    2. Then my supervisor would ask why none of us asked for the work
    3. That would be awkward
    4. I'll ask for the work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    This is how my thought processes went:

1. I could just leave this.
    2. Then my supervisor would ask why none of us asked for the work
    3. That would be awkward
    4. I'll ask for the work
    Probably the best thing to do. I'm lazy though, so I'd just be all 'well we weren't given any work to do, so I didn't do any' :p:. I'd never get away with it though, one of the more zealous lawyers would ask for the work.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best thing to do. I'm lazy though, so I'd just be all 'well we weren't given any work to do, so I didn't do any' :p:. I'd never get away with it though, one of the more zealous lawyers would ask for the work.
    Damn those zealots :tongue: How many lawyers with you are fundy christians? We have two. It's incredibly annoying, especially since one is very evangelical. I think it must be law's fault :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Damn those zealots :tongue: How many lawyers with you are fundy christians? We have two. It's incredibly annoying, especially since one is very evangelical. I think it must be law's fault :yep:
    Of the 9 of us I don't think there are any fundy christians. I think one or two are religious in some form or other, but they haven't said anything offensive thus far or expressed fundamentalist tendencies. One of the other lawyers is a lesbian, and a very political one at that, so really if any of them expressed any dubious opinions they'd survive about 8.5 seconds before one or both of us administered a good ol' fashioned verbal smackdown.

ReputationRep:
    Of the 9 of us I don't think there are any fundy christians. I think one or two are religious in some form or other, but they haven't said anything offensive thus far or expressed fundamentalist tendencies. One of the other lawyers is a lesbian, and a very political one at that, so really if any of them expressed any dubious opinions they'd survive about 8.5 seconds before one or both of us administered a good ol' fashioned verbal smackdown.
    There aren't enough vocal people here who have the same opinions as me. Everyone seems to have a sick respect for religion :tongue: And the people that aren't christian tend to be tory. Even the gay ones. It seems that I'm the only sane one here some times :tongue: I've nearly snapped at the fundies so many times I've lost count. You do not ask someone 'If you could ask Jesus one thing, what would it be?' and expect them to be polite back. Being polite in that instance nearly killed me :tongue:

The above paragraph really doesn't read well. But I am a mathmo after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    There aren't enough vocal people here who have the same opinions as me. Everyone seems to have a sick respect for religion :tongue: And the people that aren't christian tend to be tory. Even the gay ones. It seems that I'm the only sane one here some times :tongue: I've nearly snapped at the fundies so many times I've lost count. You do not ask someone 'If you could ask Jesus one thing, what would it be?' and expect them to be polite back. Being polite in that instance nearly killed me :tongue:

The above paragraph really doesn't read well. But I am a mathmo after all.
    That sucks. I don't know if I have a skewed view because most of my friends here are pretty liberal, but Oxford doesn't seem to be like that at all. I imagine that such people do exist though, I've heard particularly bad things (i.e. that they're bat-**** insane) about the OICCU (Oxford Inter-college Christian Union) .

ReputationRep:
    cos all of our stars, are fading away, just try not to worry, u will see them someday, take what u need, and be on ur way, stop cryin your heart out

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.