Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Hah. There will be no children on my placement! Or else ... I'm already eyeing up the internships and university courses I want to go on. If I'm lucky I could end up at the Sorbonne with a two month internship at the Louvre. :woo: If not, I'll still be in Paris, even if I have to sell my body. :hubba:
    Pah, art students. French 'art' and prostitution.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

:p:
    Pah. I sense jealousy. I'm open to advance bookings ... Paris is but a few hours away on the Eurostar.

ReputationRep:
    Pah. I sense jealousy. I'm open to advance bookings ... Paris is but a few hours away on the Eurostar.
    No thanks, I have no desire for a tour of the louvre. Or did you mean 'A Tour Of The Louvre '? :p:

ReputationRep:
    As the LGBT Chat's designated moral compass (ha, yeah i know, I'm laughing too) I am appalled by this sort of talk.

ReputationRep:
    Hah. There will be no children on my placement! Or else ... I'm already eyeing up the internships and university courses I want to go on. If I'm lucky I could end up at the Sorbonne with a two month internship at the Louvre. :woo: If not, I'll still be in Paris, even if I have to sell my body. :hubba:
    I think she was hoping for the same kind of placement but didn't "get lucky"! The Sorbonne sounds nice, I just think that you'd get bored at the louvre :p: Maybe instead of prostituting yourself you could borrow a room of(or should I say with) a TSR parisian to cut the costs down?

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Ooh, whereabouts did he live? I'm desperate to find a karate/other martial arts club but I just don't have a clue where to look
    Around Evry. I have a kravmaga club near my house(but it's too far north to be practical for you)...

(Original post by Gesar)
    :hmmm:
    No dissing art students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unperfect)
    No dissing art students!
    But french art is fair game though, yeah? :p:

I apologise to all art students :yep:

ReputationRep:

Around Evry. I have a kravmaga club near my house(but it's too far north to be practical for you)...
    Ah, good old Evry. I was going to live there and commute to work but wikipedia told me Evry is like Dagenham, so I didn't want to go there any more :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched 'Coach Carter', 'twas good. Having a hostel with so many films is not good for my going out levels, though.

To whoever mentioned it, I think getting bored at the Louvre is impossible. Apparently if you spent 30 seconds on each item, and didn't stop, it'd take 32 days to see everything.

ReputationRep:
    Le Louvre doesn't interest me at all, am I weird?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it doesn't interest me either. We went to the big ol' museum in Cambridge at some point last year to be cultured, and the only thing that stopped me from dying of boredom was laughing at the expressions on the portraits with someone else who was there, and trying to find something that officially qualified as 'art' (naked ladies, fig leaves and urns. Maybe a plinth.). A bigger museum is just a bigger hell.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I've been the the Louvre it's been closed due to strike action :dry:

Yeah, so the Mona Lisa can kiss my ass tbfh.

I really, really hope I'm better tomorrow for the rescheduling of my 3rd date. I have eaten so much fruit today, not to mention all the lemsip and vitamin supplements. Damn it body MAN THE **** UP ALREADY.

ReputationRep:
    It's France, striking is a fact of life :p:

ReputationRep:
    Let's be clear, art museums become tiresome very quickly once you've seen just a few paintings(Oh and did I tell you about Monet's multiple paintings of the same thing, a cathedral i think, exposed side by side; superbly entertaining /sarcasm)
    (come on you all knwo it's true)
    (Original post by paddy)
    I really, really hope I'm better tomorrow for the rescheduling of my 3rd date. I have eaten so much fruit today, not to mention all the lemsip and vitamin supplements. Damn it body MAN THE **** UP ALREADY.
    Get well soon I actually had the same problem once(well in the end he came to my house and got to see me ill...)

ReputationRep:
    I think she was hoping for the same kind of placement but didn't "get lucky"! The Sorbonne sounds nice, I just think that you'd get bored at the louvre Maybe instead of prostituting yourself you could borrow a room of(or should I say with) a TSR parisian to cut the costs down?
    I have a membership at the Louvre so I go as much as I can. :cool: I know I wouldn't get bored though, you get to do some AMAZING stuff for the internship. It's not just hanging around in les antiquités sniggering at the penises on the statues. You're right, though, I would be quite lucky to get it. I imagine it's quite competitive ... but then again, so am I. I can't really see me au pairing. Sharing a bed *cough*, err, sorry, a room with an attractive Parisian is not altogether out of the question though. :hubba: You should hook me up.

(Original post by Gesar)
    No thanks, I have no desire for a tour of the louvre. Or did you mean 'A Tour Of The Louvre '?
    Lest this fall into the wrong hands, all I can say in reply is this: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Ars Ludicra

And, the Mona Lisa's Italian art, despite the fact it's in France.

I can't stand staring at Art for more than five seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immo.)
    Hello, Ars Ludicra

And, the Mona Lisa's Italian art, despite the fact it's in France.

I can't stand staring at Art for more than five seconds.
    Hello!

I'm surprised there are so many people who don't like art/museums here. The only time I don't enjoy it is when I feel rushed or the place is too busy, which is why the evening sessions at the Louvre are so good. You can walk about the place and feel like the only person there.

And the other good thing about lots of museums is that even if you're not so fond of the artefacts themselves, they're often in such amazing surroundings that you end up spending most of your time appreciating the building instead. Impressionist painters, for example, don't do very much for me, but the Musée d'Orsay is a really interesting building - it used to be a train station. Rather a grand one, I imagine. But it's definitely possible to appreciate the Louvre, even if you're not fond of art because the buildings are so amazing. But the collections themselves, (most of which, like the Mona Lisa, aren't French) are the real highlight. Even for you philistines!

ReputationRep:
    Lest this fall into the wrong hands, all I can say in reply is this: :sexface:
    Say no more :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Haircut time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Your mother sounds like the knows the important things in life. :yep: The first being gin.
    Hehe, my mummy is wonderful ^__^

FFFFFFUUU- why do I always leave packing to the last minute?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Hehe, my mummy is wonderful ^__^

FFFFFFUUU- why do I always leave packing to the last minute?!
    I'm just the same, except it's a bit far to go back for anything I forgot

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.