Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We had an LGB society at my Uni, they had a stand at the freshers club thingy, i didn't join though, reason one - none of the people looked very attractive (butch lesbians and weedy guys). Reason two - I don't want anyone at home finding out and joining the society heightened the risk.

Why does everyone rave about French art museums, there are really good ones elsewhere; i went to MOMA in New York last year and saw Stary Night, that was pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HortyNarcissus)
    Why does everyone rave about French art museums, there are really good ones elsewhere; i went to MOMA in New York last year and saw Stary Night, that was pretty.
    The MOMA is a very good museum, but its collections are really quite different from the Louvre. They're not really comparable.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with the art museums, but I really can't spend a long time admiring something. Those people who spend hours analising pieces of art; I could never do that. All I can do is think: "That must have taken forever" or "I could never do anything as good as that." and occasionally "That's so detailed."

My dad is obsessed with looking round Catholic churches. He spends forever gazing at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immo.)
    I have no problem with the art museums, but I really can't spend a long time admiring something. Those people who spend hours analising pieces of art; I could never do that. All I can do is think: "That must have taken forever" or "I could never do anything as good as that." and occasionally "That's so detailed."

My dad is obsessed with looking round Catholic churches. He spends forever gazing at them.
    I agree with this guy; i love art but it doesn't take me hours to drink in a picture.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this guy; i love art but it doesn't take me hours to drink in a picture.
    Dude, I'm a chick. But you didn't know that, no worries.
    I know! That 30 seconds thing that someone posted, could never spend 30 seconds staring at something, unless it was me staring into space or the art work was immensely large.

ReputationRep:
    I have short hair :eek:

and I've fashioned it into a little faux hawk. I'm a shark rawrrr

ReputationRep:
    We had an LGB society at my Uni, they had a stand at the freshers club thingy, i didn't join though, reason one - none of the people looked very attractive (butch lesbians and weedy guys). Reason two - I don't want anyone at home finding out and joining the society heightened the risk.

ahh so that's where all the butchies are. GIVE THEM TO ME!

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    ahh so that's where all the butchies are. GIVE THEM TO ME!

:mmm:
    Share!

ReputationRep:
    Er, how do I join this soc? *is a total noob* :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    i can;t remember as i'm a bit drunk but hello anyway I'm Sam, good to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anxiousClassicist)
    Er, how do I join this soc? *is a total noob* :unsure:
    Hello! I'm not sure you do join. I think you just post when you feel like it (which will automatically subscribe you to the thread). But as a fellow anxious classicist, I'd like to give you a warm welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You know what? This wine is pretty tasty for 3 euros a bottle.

ReputationRep:
    Some people will drink any plonk as long as its cheap

ReputationRep:
    Some people will pay for any 'plonk' no matter how rubbish it actually tastes.

You can get nice wine really cheaply in France as I'm sure Sam will attest. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's this really nice wine we have from the south of France, and it was only 8 euros a bottle (But, we bought it there, so that might affect stuff)
    It was so fruity.

ReputationRep:
    I am not one of these "drink any plonk" types, in fact I've never tasted a wine that I actually liked until I arrived in France! I'm probably going to try every type they have in carrefour to be honest, just to culture myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    As long as its not in a plastic wine glass with a peel back lid

ReputationRep:
    it's a proper bottle, i had to wait a night to drink it because i didnt have a cork screw xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    x
    I'm going to ask you a favour :yep: And a non-sexual one at that. Indeed, it's actually scholarly.

You study classics, and you mentioned that you did some Greek. How do you feel about translating a passage of Greek for me from the Codex Sinaiticus?

If you want I can even ask you to look at some papyrus fragments for me as well :yep:

Disclaimer: I in no way endorse the study of the arts, despite this episode.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.