Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You two fighting is sadder than a parrot dying at 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Watching Harry Potter in my hostel. I'm so cool. :cool:

*tries to avoid reigniting the 'Radcliffe is teh sex' debate*
    I'm backtracking to the important bit. Why on earth would there ever be a debate about Daniel Radcliffe being 'teh sex'?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ^Have you seen pictures of him doing Ecuus?(Sp?) He's pretty hot mate.

Apart from he has a weird butt.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe is ugly. We had this argument a few times; there was a poll in GD, I won.
    To be clear: Daniel Radcliffe is not the sex, Daniel Radcliffe is ugly.

ReputationRep:
    He's minging :sadnod:

Tom Felton (Malfoy) on the other hand... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've just read the Washington Post's coverage of the labour leadership result. Would it kill them to write 'Labour' rather than 'Labor' given that it's a fricking name? From now on I'm only going to write yooessaye.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a student sick of London or Manchester? Come trade places with me! You get to live in the culturally devoid and monotonous town of Leicester! Please apply here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Are you a student sick of London or Manchester? Come trade places with me! You get to live in the culturally devoid and monotonous town of Leicester! Please apply here
    Manchester's awesome. I'll never get bored of Manchester.
    Not meaning to rub it in or anything :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Manchester's awesome. I'll never get bored of Manchester.
    Not meaning to rub it in or anything :p:
    I would prefer if you did rub it in. I need to make sure I'm nowhere near this city by the time I graduate next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I would prefer if you did rub it in. I need to make sure I'm nowhere near this city by the time I graduate next year.
    I sympathise. I only put up with Leicester because I don't have to spend most of the year here. I wish I could suggest fun things for you to do, but ... well. I'm not sure there is anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I sympathise. I only put up with Leicester because I don't have to spend most of the year here. I wish I could suggest fun things for you to do, but ... well. I'm not sure there is anything.
    I feel kinda bad when I dis Leicester in front of its natives, but it is very relieving to see you agree!

The weird thing is that Leicester does have a decent amount of people and it does have a developing music scene... but it's still missing something. There are smaller towns out there which have less to do but have more appeal. Ergh, it's so hard to explain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I feel kinda bad when I dis Leicester in front of its natives, but it is very relieving to see you agree!

The weird thing is that Leicester does have a decent amount of people and it does have a developing music scene... but it's still missing something. There are smaller towns out there which have less to do but have more appeal. Ergh, it's so hard to explain...
    Oh, don't feel bad! On the whole, I've enjoyed growing up in Leicester. I was talking to a friend this morning about how being in such a multicultural place makes you really conscious of just how intolerant other communities can be. That's definitely a plus. But there are quite a lot of negatives as well. And my musical tastes aren't really catered for in Leicester either, especially not now that they're probably going to close De Montfort Hall. It seems unlikely that The Philharmonia are going to continue with their residency without anywhere to play.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going interrailing next year. Definitely. Some of you lot have been before yus? Where are the best places? I'm going for a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    The closest i ever got to Leicester was the station platform outside the train; and frankly that felt too close.

ReputationRep:
    my new hair (for those that wanted to see)

Spoiler:
    Show

I still umming and ahhing but I think I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    my new hair (for those that wanted to see)

Spoiler:
    Show

I still umming and ahhing but I think I like it
    Dyke.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Dyke.

:p:
    shup :p:

(it isn't too dykey, is it? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    shup :p:

(it isn't too dykey, is it? )
    Nooo not too dykey, I think it's quite cool actually but would also be a cool style if you left it down too.

My hair is boring at the minute. Damn teaching jobs

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I have a date on Tuesday Problem - it's in London. I also have another date in Oxford which I'm looking forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    YAY! I have a date on Tuesday Problem - it's in London. I also have another date in Oxford which I'm looking forward to.
    How do you find men in Oxford? Seriously, tell me your secrets.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.