Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I was thinking of buying Dead Rising 2. Is it first-person or not, and is it worth it? (Unless you mean the film, of course)
    It's not first-person and it's pretty fun. There's something very satisfying about just wandering about and idly slaughtering zombies with anything that comes to hand.

Edit: Oh FFS, just picked up my laptop and it must've got caught on something because a bit of the hinge cracked. I wasn't applying any force to the ******* thing either. I just got the damn thing repaired last week. Why are Apple products so ******* flimsy? (in fairness the more recent generations are very sturdy, I haven't had any issues with my Macbook Pro yet). See, nothing good comes of doing work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    It's not first-person and it's pretty fun. There's something very satisfying about just wandering about and idly slaughtering zombies with anything that comes to hand.

Edit: Oh FFS, just picked up my laptop and it must've got caught on something because a bit of the hinge cracked. I wasn't applying any force to the ******* thing either. I just got the damn thing repaired last week. Why are Apple products so ******* flimsy? (in fairness the more recent generations are very sturdy, I haven't had any issues with my Macbook Pro yet). See, nothing good comes of doing work.
    It Just Works :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    It Just Works :awesome:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still a total Apple fanboy, but I have a really bad track record with their stuff.

Just got an email with a reading list and a ******** of work to do for 0th week (ie the week before term actually begins). Yay.... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    You know when you're having a little bit of a bad day, and you try to call someone just to get it out of your system so that the whole day doesn't turn sour, and then everybody you call doesn't answer and your day gets rapidly worse and worse? I think I'm having one of those days.
    :sad: :jumphug: :console:

Watch a trashy film and then go to bed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    OK, so my phone has decided to die on me partway through sending a text :s:.

Not good :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Woo, I'm back in the UK. The bus journey was delayed by five hours since the driver's bag (containing his passport and the papers to get us into the chunnel) got stolen, so he spent ages with the police, and we had to change buses at Calais. But it was an adventure anyway.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Anyone else want to see Gesar and dbmag9 have a fight?
    :hmmm:

(Original post by Gesar)
    I always find the 9 so... impersonal. :p:

And are we fighting? I didn't think so. I can say that I wasn't :p:
    Nah, the 9 is an integral part of the username. :yep:

And don't worry, it'll just an excuse to wrestle you to the ground. :ninja:

(Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I'm backtracking to the important bit. Why on earth would there ever be a debate about Daniel Radcliffe being 'teh sex'?! :eek:
    Because he is? Not in the younger Harry Potter incarnations, but that's just because he's a kid then.

(Original post by trm90)
    I would prefer if you did rub it in. I need to make sure I'm nowhere near this city by the time I graduate next year.
    :p:

I'm going interrailing next year. Definitely. Some of you lot have been before yus? Where are the best places? I'm going for a month.
    Say some places you're considering and I can comment on any I've been to.

(Original post by Cool Cat)
    my new hair (for those that wanted to see)

Spoiler:
    Show

I still umming and ahhing but I think I like it
    Putting the 'cool' into 'Cool Cat', I see.

(Original post by danielf90)
    YAY! I have a date on Tuesday Problem - it's in London. I also have another date in Oxford which I'm looking forward to.
    (Original post by paddy)
    :cute:

Life is good. Not even the thought of my crappy job can stop me from smiling tonight :love:
    Stop showing off.

ReputationRep:
    Did I tell you guys about my big spider friend who was in my bath? Jacques? No? Well, here he is, getting himself all cosy in my bath:

Spoiler:
    Show

Well now, his big brother has come to stay. This is Pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Did I tell you guys about my big spider friend who was in my bath? Jacques? No? Well, here he is, getting himself all cosy in my bath:

Spoiler:
    Show

Well now, his big brother has come to stay. This is Pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Say some places you're considering and I can comment on any I've been to.
    Hey, I think it'd be fun to see you two fight! Not like full on fisticuffs, but like, a food fight or something :p:

I haven't got a clue where I'm thinking of going yet, I definitely want to do a few places in Italy though, and Amsterdam is a must. Is it better to start by going the furthest and slowly working your way back, or would more of a circular approach be advisable?

ReputationRep:

Putting the 'cool' into 'Cool Cat', I see.

:blush: cheers dude. Apparently I look like a boy in these pics? (posted them elsewhere aswell in a frenzy of vanity :p:) :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I think it'd be fun to see you two fight! Not like full on fisticuffs, but like, a food fight or something :p:

I haven't got a clue where I'm thinking of going yet, I definitely want to do a few places in Italy though, and Amsterdam is a must. Is it better to start by going the furthest and slowly working your way back, or would more of a circular approach be advisable?
    Nah, not a fan of food fights, sorry.

Venice is an awesome city, and I strongly recommend arriving by train. I haven't travelled in the rest of Italy, although I've visited Rome and bits of Naples with school, which were nice. Venice is very expensive, as is Amsterdam - you might want to start with the more expensive places and work through to cheaper ones, although that doesn't make much sense geographically. As for circular vs. linear routes, that really depends on how you're planning on getting to the start/end points. It doesn't make much difference, in today's age of cheap flights to most places.

:blush: cheers dude. Apparently I look like a boy in these pics? (posted them elsewhere aswell in a frenzy of vanity :p:) :holmes:
    I can see how someone could read the first picture as a guy, but I didn't see it like that. And the others are pretty clearly a lady who's too cool for school. :cool:

I might post a photo of my beard in a frenzy of vanity later.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not a fan of food fights, sorry.

Venice is an awesome city, and I strongly recommend arriving by train. I haven't travelled in the rest of Italy, although I've visited Rome and bits of Naples with school, which were nice. Venice is very expensive, as is Amsterdam - you might want to start with the more expensive places and work through to cheaper ones, although that doesn't make much sense geographically. As for circular vs. linear routes, that really depends on how you're planning on getting to the start/end points. It doesn't make much difference, in today's age of cheap flights to most places.

I can see how someone could read the first picture as a guy, but I didn't see it like that. And the others are pretty clearly a lady who's too cool for school. :cool:

I might post a photo of my beard in a frenzy of vanity later.
    I've already seen Venice so I'm not majorly keen on going back there, but if others in my group want to then I'm up for it, as I loved it. I guess I'll just have to see who wants to come, and what they want to do.

What would you say was your favourite destination out of all the places you went to?

ReputationRep:
    Neeeh, I think you're pretty cute actually

ReputationRep:
    I've already seen Venice so I'm not majorly keen on going back there, but if others in my group want to then I'm up for it, as I loved it. I guess I'll just have to see who wants to come, and what they want to do.

What would you say was your favourite destination out of all the places you went to?
    Grr, everyone asks me that - the experience depends so much on the hostel, people you meet, how tired you are, what the weather is like, that it's impossible to say. I had a lot of fun in southern Spain (Granada, Seville) and in Berlin: I can recommend some awesome hostels there if you're heading in that direction.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Frankfurt. It's the place to be. :p:

I just returned from football training (1st session for me). I'm so exhausted, so dead, but also so happy.

ReputationRep:
    I went to this amazing music club in Berlin, its in this half bombed building and people have writtennotesa and drawn pictures all over the walls, there was also loads of metal rusty sculptures and live music; but i forget the name - i got pretty drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Ah the things i have done but can't remember while drunk, did they happen? probably judging by aftermath

ReputationRep:
    Grr, everyone asks me that - the experience depends so much on the hostel, people you meet, how tired you are, what the weather is like, that it's impossible to say. I had a lot of fun in southern Spain (Granada, Seville) and in Berlin: I can recommend some awesome hostels there if you're heading in that direction.
    Cool thanks for the advice! x

ReputationRep:
    Neeeh, I think you're pretty cute actually
    heh thanks, I'm flattered

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry about that, but JR said it first. :puppyeyes: I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's only really the one where you can't see the body anyway. You definitely have a female body (by the looks of it). :yep: And female face, though anyone can pull a pose to look like the opposite gender I suppose. I'll stop digging a hole. :getmecoat:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.