The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

paddy
I propose we have a motto :awesome:

Something like "gay Irish catholics, we can wash but we'll never be clean" seems appropriate :yy:

:awesome: Love it.

I know another saying about gay Catholics, but it's rather crude so I'll avoid harming your delicate ears. :p:

Spoiler

Reply 9841
Unperfect
Haha my granddad was a priest too(very protestant and liberal though).
My grandparents are okay with me being gay? In fact my grandma's more okay with it than my mum(the grandma's on my dad's side)!

It's because of le french :yep:
I'm from a family of Irish Catholics too! Can I be in the club?
Reply 9843
icysquall

I know another saying about gay Catholics, but it's rather crude so I'll avoid harming your delicate ears. :p:

Spoiler

*Snigger*

SuperSam_Fantastiche
I'm from a family of Irish Catholics too! Can I be in the club?

Hmm... Yes.
Reply 9844
I'm not Irish and not Catholic, dammit.
can i join the group anyways?
Gesar
It's because of le french :yep:

Actually the grandparents I mentioned come from the british side of my family, I just like to make myself seem french :ninja:(well I am but only half)
Reply 9846
Unperfect
Actually the grandparents I mentioned come from the british side of my family, I just like to make myself seem french :ninja:(well I am but only half)

If you're only half french there is hope for you :yep:

I just drew a matrix which I divided into two and filled the left hand side with squiggles and the right hand side with a question mark. The sides are labelled 'x' and 'not x' respectively. I then multiplied this squiggle-question matrix by x and declared the answer to be zero, for a given interpretation of zero. This is coursework write-up.
Algebra rules.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9847
icysquall

Spoiler

:eek2:

Well it's 25% true about me I suppose. But I don't have much sexual experience with Catholics so I can't really verify or dismiss it! Still, rather amusing though :mmm:
paddy
I propose we have a motto :awesome:

Something like "gay Irish catholics, we can wash but we'll never be clean" seems appropriate :yy:

I love it. I even heard in in my head in a wee Irish accent. :yep:
Reply 9849
Ars Ludicra

Doing that makes it far, far funnier :yep:
Reply 9850
Ars Ludicra

I don't have an Irish accent anymore :emo:
Laertes
Doing that makes it far, far funnier :yep:

I find it's very amusing if you say it in the style of Mrs Doyle from Father Ted.
Reply 9852
paddy

I never had an Irish accent :emo:
Instead I have the second-best accent ever - Mancunian :awesome:
For those wondering what the best is... *mild drumroll* Northern Irish.

icysquall
I find it's very amusing if you say it in the style of Mrs Doyle from Father Ted.

I love how Father Ted inadvertently lends itself to so many different situations.
(edited 13 years ago)
Laertes
I never had an Irish accent :emo:
Instead I have the second-best accent ever - Mancunian :awesome:
For those wondering what the best is... *mild drumroll* Northern Irish.

I love how Father Ted inadvertently lends itself to so many different situations.

Speaking of accents, mine has gone really brummie over the summer. It's annoying.
Father Ted = Win.
Reply 9855
icysquall
Speaking of accents, mine has gone really brummie over the summer. It's annoying.

That must suck, the Brummie accent isn't great.
paddy

Oh, I never had an Irish accent. :frown: Instead I got stuck with that awful BBC-style sort of drawl. Although, thankfully, I think I'm firmly on the right side of being too plummy/toff-sounding.

Having said that some men in a chip shop did once mock me. It was mortifying. :frown:

I think the Geordie accent is my favourite.

Edit: Scrap that, I love them all. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Laertes
That must suck, the Brummie accent isn't great.

I've not gone full blown yam-yam, Dudley *********** of an accent, thank the gods. Still pretty horrendous.
I'm banking on spending a year speasking French to rid me of sounding like a EastEnder.
Reply 9859
Ars Ludicra
Oh, I never had an Irish accent. :frown: Instead I got stuck with that awful BBC-style sort of drawl. Although, thankfully, I think I'm firmly on the right side of being too plummy/toff-sounding.

Having said that some men in a chip shop did once mock me. It was mortifying. :frown:

I think the Geordie accent is my favourite.

Edit: Scrap that, I love them all. :biggrin:

I used to have an Irish accent, but boarding school turned it a bit home-counties :sadnod: Thankfully I don't sound posh either, but my family mock me anyway :emo:

I think anything other than a very strong Scouse accent is fine by me, although I do love a foreign accent on a man :mmm:

Latest