Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I've not gone full blown yam-yam, Dudley *********** of an accent, thank the gods. Still pretty horrendous.
    That might not be that bad, then. Whilst Brummie accents aren't the best, if you have a normal accent with just a little bit of Brummie, it'd sound quite endearing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I am happy to report that I don't have an accent :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I bet you do; everybody has an accent.

ReputationRep:
    I am SO SICK of being ill :mad:

I have been taking vitamins and eating tonnes of fruit and wrapping up warm and STILL HAVE A ****ING COUGH AND ALL THE MUCUS IN THE WORLD.

ARGH. **** OFF AND DIE ALREADY :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had proper internet for ages, like since I moved into my new place, so I reeeeally can't be bothered to trawl through ten pages of LGBTCT :p:

In summary of the past few days: I've moved into my new place, it's awesome ^^ I've been cooking and living like a grown up and everything! And I *finally* got a haircut, like the first since the begining of the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I haven't had proper internet for ages, like since I moved into my new place, so I reeeeally can't be bothered to trawl through ten pages of LGBTCT :p:

In summary of the past few days: I've moved into my new place, it's awesome ^^ I've been cooking and living like a grown up and everything! And I *finally* got a haircut, like the first since the begining of the year!
    I demand pics. 1) of your flat and 2) of your hair.

ReputationRep:
    If i had to guess what my accent was, i would say 15% european (German), 5% northern Irish (really don't want to increase this figure), 50% Cheshire (Northern put the poshish kind), and 30% Southern.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays. Had a fun time seeing lots of friends finally last night. Will have to start doing loads of maths soon.

(Original post by Immo.)
    And my preacher and youth leader literally said "I don't care whether you agree with everything in the Bible or not, if you go against it, you are a sinner. Leviticus does apply to everyone." Which is why he doesn't know.
    Is this guy aware that he's in disagreement with the overwhelming majority of Christian thought? You should send him to a priest to be informed of his errors.

(Original post by Gesar)
    I just drew a matrix which I divided into two and filled the left hand side with squiggles and the right hand side with a question mark. The sides are labelled 'x' and 'not x' respectively. I then multiplied this squiggle-question matrix by x and declared the answer to be zero, for a given interpretation of zero. This is coursework write-up.
    Algebra rules.
    That was a swift turnaround, Mr I-don't-want-to-leave-my-beloved-theology-for-maths. :p:

Speaking of which, is your monstrosity still online somewhere? I have a friend I wouldn't mind sending it to.

(Original post by Gesar)
    Same here. High-five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Everyone who says this invariably has the same generic accent that I do. I've tried to get away with 'I don't have an accent' before. :yep: Although I'd happily trade mine for a Geordie accent! Or a welsh one, or a Yorkshire one, or a Somerset one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Providing it's not giving them issues about being with a guy, it wouldn't be a problem with me. I'm culturally Jewish, and I do the festivals to an extent (although this year I was away for the big ones). If I ended up marrying a Jewish guy it would probably be in some variation on the Jewish wedding ceremony. But I wouldn't not go out with someone because of their religion or lack thereof.

Ah, another cultural gay Jew - aren't we awesome?! :P

ReputationRep:
    Same here. High-five.
    You're from London; you have an accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I bet you do; everybody has an accent.
    I don't. I speak perfectly ordinary english, with no twang or stress. Even people from the north say I don't have an accent. I am the base from which all accents spring :p:

(Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Everyone who says this invariably has the same generic accent that I do. I've tried to get away with 'I don't have an accent' before. :yep: Although I'd happily trade mine for a Geordie accent! Or a welsh one, or a Yorkshire one, or a Somerset one!
    You should try for a west country one! 'Orlroit moi looverrrr?'

That was a swift turnaround, Mr I-don't-want-to-leave-my-beloved-theology-for-maths. :p:
    Writing maths up is still interminably dull, don't get me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    That might not be that bad, then. Whilst Brummie accents aren't the best, if you have a normal accent with just a little bit of Brummie, it'd sound quite endearing :yep:
    Oxford is the place regional accents go to die and/or be mocked. :p:

(Original post by Gesar)
    You do, even if it's just a bland RP non-accent. I used to think I didn't have an accent but then I moved down south and learned the truth

Got an appointment at the hairdressers, so I shan't have to cut a *****. Hurrah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    Damn right we are. :yep:

Woo, dancing with expensive parchment scrolls while drinking tiny quantities of whiskey coming up.

You're from London; you have an accent.
    :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Oxford is the place regional accents go to die and/or be mocked. :p:
    Agreed. My cousin has lived there for a year, he's at Brookes. He came home for the summer with not a trace of Dagenhamite in him..

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to have an ice cold shower, wish me luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    I'm about to have an ice cold shower, wish me luck.
    Getting yourself too excited about something? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I am SO SICK of being ill :mad:

I have been taking vitamins and eating tonnes of fruit and wrapping up warm and STILL HAVE A ****ING COUGH AND ALL THE MUCUS IN THE WORLD.

ARGH. **** OFF AND DIE ALREADY :mad: :mad:
    I was pretty sick too! But I just went to football training on Monday and ever since it's gotten better somehow! Now I'm just stuck with mucus. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ed Milliband is an atheist. Nick Clegg is an atheist. Clegg is pushing elected Lords, Ed will follow up when Clegg fails.

We're finally pushing religion out of politics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    I got bored and stalked you on Facebook: we seem to have one mutual friends, and a medium-sized bunch of second-degree mutual friends. The wierd thing is that they're not actually all through the Jewish mafia. Ah, 'tis a small world. :P:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.