Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AARGH! Argument with housemate because I turned the heating on. I WAS ******* FREEZING COLD. I refuse to be cold just so that she can save £2/month on heating. FFS, I am not in the wrong.

"Were you in the house by yourself?" "It's not even cold."

Err...excuse me? Me being cold makes no difference to whether there are other people in the house or not and "it's not even cold" because I bloody turned the heating on an hour ago you stupid *****.

AARGH!

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I hate working in an office SO MUCH.

I don't understand how difficult it is to not talk loudly on the phone ALL THE TIME, walk around the office with loud heels and/or change/keys in your pocket, pace around your desk or other peoples' desks, tap your foot/pen/hand or generally behave like you're a complete retard.

Oh and my team apparently thinks I'm totally inept. Yay me!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, I'm never drinking Desperados again. What sort of gay bar is it when a middle aged black man deems it acceptable to stick his hand down your jeans?

Mike, I know where you live :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Oh God I hate working in an office SO MUCH.

I don't understand how difficult it is to not talk loudly on the phone ALL THE TIME, walk around the office with loud heels and/or change/keys in your pocket, pace around your desk or other peoples' desks, tap your foot/pen/hand or generally behave like you're a complete retard.

Oh and my team apparently thinks I'm totally inept. Yay me!
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    AARGH! Argument with housemate because I turned the heating on. I WAS ******* FREEZING COLD. I refuse to be cold just so that she can save £2/month on heating. FFS, I am not in the wrong.

Err...excuse me? Me being cold makes no difference to whether there are other people in the house or not and "it's not even cold" because I bloody turned the heating on an hour ago you stupid *****.

AARGH!
    Reading this actually makes me angry, I can't believe she had the nerve to say that. Comfort and health are WAY more important than someone's petty frugality, I really hope you put that ***** in her place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Reading this actually makes me angry, I can't believe she had the nerve to say that. Comfort and health are WAY more important than someone's petty frugality, I really hope you put that ***** in her place.
    Apparently I should 'put on more clothes' because it's a waste of money and energy to heat up a whole house when only *I* am cold.

ReputationRep:

AARGH!
    Yeah that used to happen to me when I lived in Camden. Seriously, I got so irritated by it that I got a space heater for my room :yep:

(Original post by Laertes)
    :console:

I think I need a holiday tbh. At least I get next Tuesday off for my birthday (well Monday is my birthday, but I want to be able to stay out late!).

But yeah, at least this year in industry has helped me figure out I don't want a corporate job. Too bad I have 9 months to go :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, will have to start doing maths again tomorrow. Also everything else I've been telling myself I'll do. Today, however, I went for a walk, then watched TV for a while. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My phone is dead so I can't read my text message/ Why did I fall asleep on a can of coke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    When are you moving back to The Other Place? I started to pack, managed to fold a few shirts but then I got bored.
    Tomorrow. I think I'll have to get up at about 7:30 to leave for 9:00.

I just put my clothes in a pile, placed them in the suitcase then slid them around and compressed them till the lid could close. None of this 'putting a few shirts in' business :p:

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by the latest 'do people use erotic literature' thread, I think I've found a new way to improve my German...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Inspired by the latest 'do people use erotic literature' thread, I think I've found a new way to improve my German...
    This is random and not remotely my opinion but everytime I see your username I can't help but think it means douchbag magnet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    This is random and not remotely my opinion but everytime I see your username I can't help but think it means douchbag magnet
    :hmmm:

I'm pretty sure that's not what I was thinking of when I came up with it, aged nine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    :hmmm:

I'm pretty sure that's not what I was thinking of when I came up with it, aged nine.
    With any luck though it's what you'll think of whenever you type it now though :yep:

If it helps I imagine 9 being said in a German accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Tomorrow. I think I'll have to get up at about 7:30 to leave for 9:00.

I just put my clothes in a pile, placed them in the suitcase then slid them around and compressed them till the lid could close. None of this 'putting a few shirts in' business :p:
    You don't even fold stuff?! Madness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    hahahahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    You don't even fold stuff?! Madness.
    They are folded when they are in the pile, yes. Whether they are folded when I remove them from my suitcase at the other end of the journey is something no one can predict.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back! I survived! I have hair! It's actually rather nice. I feel like an alcoholic though. It took about a quarter of a bottle of gin (straight :cool:) to stay my nerves.

I'm quite pleased with myself for getting through it. I didn't even panic when blood started running down my neck.

(Original post by paddy)
    If it helps I imagine 9 being said in a German accent
    This made me laugh SO much!

x
    I'm angry on your behalf! I understand that some people find it difficult to manage money at university/Oxford is an expensive place blah blah blah, but when someone is COLD, you have to ask yourself if you'd rather be a douche and be two pounds richer for the month, or be a decent person and spread some warmth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I'm back! I survived! I have hair! It's actually rather nice. I feel like an alcoholic though. It took about a quarter of a bottle of gin (straight :cool:) to stay my nerves.

I'm quite pleased with myself for getting through it. I didn't even panic when blood started running down my neck.
    You do realise people will be clamouring for pics, right? :p:

Blood? Your hairdresser isn't by any chance one S. Todd?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.