Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I wasn't being entirely serious you know. I've never been in a fight in my life and I have no intention of breaking that tradition. :p:

We should do our best to enforce negative stereotypes by calling each other 'old chap' and chatting in latin. :yes: :p:
    Salvete plebes :awesome:

I've forgotten pretty much all my A Level Latin :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    The red/brown hi-tops I posted above.

They're from his Puma collaboration. I am too poor for any of his mainline stuff :sadnod:

Tbh I'm more excited about the red Asos jeans I also bought which were only £30 :sogood:
    I'm only gettin them because Im gettin nothing 4 my bday and I'm not happy with 'tht so I thought I should delight myself :cry:

I do shopping with asos aswel, a pair of blue trousers got ripped when I was messing around with ppl, oh dear :sad: and sadly they all saw what's under them :shy2:

what's ur new trousers like? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Salvete plebes :awesome:

I've forgotten pretty much all my A Level Latin :erm:
    You probably know more than me. All I know is a few bits of legal latin, which generally isn't proper latin but a *******ised form.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do with myself tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't being entirely serious you know. I've never been in a fight in my life and I have no intention of breaking that tradition. :p:

We should do our best to enforce negative stereotypes by calling each other 'old chap' and chatting in latin. :yes: :p:
    Er. I can say 'table' and 'and you, Brutus?' in Latin? Would repeating those in different inflections be convincing enough? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Charming :tongue:

Besides, we should team up against the commoners. Everyone knows Oxford and Cambridge are really like The Beano and Dandy, only pretending to be rivals :yep:

(By commoners I meant general london folk, not other people at the meet :tongue: )
    To be a bit cheeky, can I join ur side? :p:
    I speak no Latin but I can speak some weird language that no one should understand :p:

ReputationRep:
    "Caecilius est in horto."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Er. I can say 'table' and 'and you, Brutus?' in Latin? Would repeating those in different inflections be convincing enough? :tongue:
    It'll do. 75% of intelligence is tricking other people into believing that you're intelligent. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It'll do. 75% of intelligence is tricking other people into believing that you're intelligent. :yes:
    True.

(Original post by gangstermidget)
    To be a bit cheeky, can I join ur side? :p:
    I speak no Latin but I can speak some weird language that no one should understand :p:
    :tongue: Sure

ReputationRep:
    I'm only gettin them because Im gettin nothing 4 my bday and I'm not happy with 'tht so I thought I should delight myself :cry:

I do shopping with asos aswel, a pair of blue trousers got ripped when I was messing around with ppl, oh dear :sad: and sadly they all saw what's under them :shy2:

what's ur new trousers like? :p:

Bit bright but I WANT RED JEANS. Also I'm getting them a size up so they won't be skinny.

They're so red :mmm:

(Original post by paddy)

Bit bright but I WANT RED JEANS. Also I'm getting them a size up so they won't be skinny.

omg, they are so nice ... I want purple ones ...

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned but I'm really not a fan of brightly coloured jeans. They tend to look a bit ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned but I'm really not a fan of brightly coloured jeans. They tend to look a bit ridiculous.
    Very true :p: Surprising, because you like Daniel Radcliffe.

*hides*

ReputationRep:
    Hm.

I don't think I'm coming to the meet after all, I decided to but then it turns out I'm going for coffee with this cute guy at 4... might make an appearance for a little while earlier I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat.

ReputationRep:
    shall i roast my butternut squash and courgette in chilli and garlic, or wholegrain mustard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat.
    Maybe throw them back in the sea? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

ohhh i love sharp and bright colours aswel, I dont wear them most of the time though cos Im trying to be mature, or at least to pretend so :dry: :p:
    and how can u order a size up :whip: skinny ftw :p:

ReputationRep:
    ohhh i love sharp and bright colours aswel, I dont wear them most of the time though cos Im trying to be mature, or at least to pretend so :dry: :p:
    and how can u order a size up :whip: skinny ftw :p:
    I don't like skinny jeans on men :no:

ReputationRep:
    Skinny jeans are ridiculous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.