:hugs:

hey sam. been a while.

you ok?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I went on a date on Valentine's Day

I'm glad the meet went well though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Morning gays. My room is now tidy. Excuses for not doing any work are diminishing...

Still don't understand why you don't want photos up of yourself - 'tis a loss for us all. :yep:

What is?

:eek:

Did he send attractive ladies to join you?

Reply from what now?
    Cancer Research UK. I interviewed with them last week, and am just waiting to hear one way or the other. As of 15 seconds ago, no reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Cancer Research UK. I interviewed with them last week, and am just waiting to hear one way or the other. As of 15 seconds ago, no reply!
    Good luck - what job are you interviewing for? Methinks it's one of the more worthy charities around.

ReputationRep:
    I just checked my camera and I have, uhhh, 2 photos from the meet :p:

And they're both crap. So I aint posting them :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck - what job are you interviewing for? Methinks it's one of the more worthy charities around.
    "Scientific Officer" in the FACS laboratory It involves assisting in a huge range of research projects my analyzing and measuring cells.

I really hope I get it, not just because I've been out of work for months and I'm going crazy, but also because it's such a worthwhile organization to work for

ReputationRep:
    "Scientific Officer" in the FACS laboratory It involves assisting in a huge range of research projects my analyzing and measuring cells.

I really hope I get it, not just because I've been out of work for months and I'm going crazy, but also because it's such a worthwhile organization to work for
    I hope you get a place at Imperial too. I'll be just around the corner from you :ninja:

:p:

ReputationRep:

Sounds awesome. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    I hope you get a place at Imperial too. I'll be just around the corner from you :ninja:

:p:
    Both jobs at Imperial I applied for are still "being processed" apparently :p: Would be pretty cool if I got a job there, seeing as that's where my boyfriend works hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Had a romantic home cooked meal followed by cocktails ^^
    Snap :five:

Well we had champagne/wine in lieu of cocktails but yeah same diff. We both couldn't be bothered going out (also we both forgot to make reservations:erm:) so we got out food from Waitrose :coma:

Like SERIOUSLY I need to shop at Waitrose more often. Although the other customers there were cringingly upper class, or at least their accents were :mmm:

I feel your pain about waiting to hear back from applications/interviews, that's what I was doing from late December til last week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    :hugs:

hey sam. been a while.

you ok?
    Getting there :o: bit scared that I'm going a bit mad with stress but everyone only says go to the doctor. And I hate doctors. But oh well.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Still don't understand why you don't want photos up of yourself - 'tis a loss for us all. :yep:
    I respectfully disagree :tongue: I have never seen a photo of me that I approve of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I respectfully disagree :tongue: I have never seen a photo of me that I approve of.
    High standards. :p:

ReputationRep:
    High standards. :p:
    Just standards, really :tongue: I'll let you all know when I finally have a photo taken that I actually like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

Well we had champagne/wine in lieu of cocktails but yeah same diff. We both couldn't be bothered going out (also we both forgot to make reservations:erm:) so we got out food from Waitrose :coma:

Like SERIOUSLY I need to shop at Waitrose more often. Although the other customers there were cringingly upper class, or at least their accents were :mmm:

I feel your pain about waiting to hear back from applications/interviews, that's what I was doing from late December til last week!
    :hugs: Congrats on the IBM placement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

I walked around the Waitrose on Kensington High Street and was quite unimpressed. Dunno why, but I was expecting more...

Then I nosed around the John Lewis foodhall, which is really a Waitrose with "added bits" and ended up spending money (albeit a coronation chicken sandwich reduced from £2.50-odd to 49p :p:) but their "seriously" chocolate cupcakes are :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Just standards, really :tongue: I'll let you all know when I finally have a photo taken that I actually like.
    You'd better. :yep:

(Original post by Crisps)
    I walked around the Waitrose on Kensington High Street and was quite unimpressed. Dunno why, but I was expecting more...

Then I nosed around the John Lewis foodhall, which is really a Waitrose with "added bits" and ended up spending money (albeit a coronation chicken sandwich reduced from £2.50-odd to 49p :p:) but their "seriously" chocolate cupcakes are :coma:
    But did they have non-carrot cakes for free? Huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Twist)
    Hey :hugs:

How the hell are you? Last time I saw your face you were jetting off to China/Hong Kong/Japan, how was it? x
    I'm fine. :hugs:

I don't know whether it would have been Hong Kong or Japan. I have been to both relatively recently and both were great. I recommend both. :yep: Never been to, and never plan to go to, China. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You'd better. :yep:

But did they have non-carrot cakes for free? Huh?
    :hmmm:

They had tasters but I didn't see what they were :p:

ReputationRep:
    My friend just triggered my childhood phobia of slugs :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.