Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    If that happened to me I think I would actually die.
    That wouldn't be too bad - if she said to the waiter - "my son's gay - do you fancy going on a date with him?". That would be embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    why? do guys never smile at you :p:
    No I meant my mum talking to me about hot guys!

I don't know what to do when guys smile at me on public transport though. It confuses me. Although it's better than guys who stare at you on public transport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    That wouldn't be too bad - if she said to the waiter - "my son's gay - do you fancy going on a date with him?". That would be embarrassing.
    Oh dear Lord I would actually just get up and run away :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I would just double facepalm :yep:

(Original post by paddy)
    No I meant my mum talking to me about hot guys!

I don't know what to do when guys smile at me on public transport though. It confuses me. Although it's better than guys who stare at you on public transport
    I know I was joking ...

(Original post by Laertes)
    I would just double facepalm :yep:
    Next time we meet, I insist on you showing us how the double facepalm looks IRL.

ReputationRep:
    Next time we meet, I insist on you showing us how the double facepalm looks IRL.
    You'll have to remind me but sure.

ReputationRep:
    I know I was joking ...
    :hmmm:

I'm going to have a video games day today. I'm bored and sick of work so I'm going to kick some virtual ass instead:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    To be fair if the guy was fit, I was single and my Mum's advance resulted in a date I wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair if the guy was fit, I was single and my Mum's advance resulted in a date I wouldn't mind.
    I guess if I didn't die from the cringe then yeah in that situation maybe.

Considering I only came out to my mum a few months ago I don't think we've quite reached that stage though. Although she did mention how this guy from Hustle on TV was hot and looked at me as if asking my opinion. That was kinda weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

Considering I only came out to my mum a few months ago I don't think we've quite reached that stage though. Although she did mention how this guy from Hustle on TV was hot and looked at me as if asking my opinion. That was kinda weird.
    Haha, the blonde one?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the blonde one?
    If you think he is fit he won't be. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

When I came out to my mum we were both kinda tipsy in a hotel lounge. She took it extremely well, although she did ask me (extremely loudly, causing everyone to look round) if I fancied Robbie Williams ><

She does occasionally ask say things like "Phwoar, he's good looking. What d'you think, eh?" ><

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the blonde one?
    No the black dude, the main character (I think, I've only seen it a few times).

I recognise him more from posters for a play he's in that seem to be all over the London Underground tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    When I came out to my mum we were both kinda tipsy in a hotel lounge. She took it extremely well, although she did ask me (extremely loudly, causing everyone to look round) if I fancied Robbie Williams ><

She does occasionally ask say things like "Phwoar, he's good looking. What d'you think, eh?" ><
    You should reply with something like "he's OK but I suspect he'd be crap in bed so that's no good for me". :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you think he is fit he won't be. :sadnod:
    I never said he was fit :yep:

(Original post by paddy)
    No the black dude, the main character (I think, I've only seen it a few times).

I recognise him more from posters for a play he's in that seem to be all over the London Underground tbh.
    Oh yeah. He's alright. Black dudes don't generally do much for me but he's one of the exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    I never said he was fit :yep:

Oh yeah. He's alright. Black dudes don't generally do much for me but he's one of the exceptions.
    He's not bad, but doesn't do much for me tbh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You should reply with something like "he's OK but I suspect he'd be crap in bed so that's no good for me". :p:
    Possibly more traumatizing was when she said to me "Mike, you know about gay stuff right? I've been branching out into gay erotic art, what do you think, would this sell?" *pulls out a huge canvas with slightly abstract oil painting of two naked guys*

EDIT: She is an artist btw, it wasn't just totally random :p:

ReputationRep:
    Possibly more traumatizing was when she said to me "Mike, you know about gay stuff right? I've been branching out into gay erotic art, what do you think, would this sell?" *pulls out a huge canvas with slightly abstract oil painting of two naked guys*

You should ask her to let you help chose the models next time! :p:

ReputationRep:

That would make me run away.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.