Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Wow, that is just unfortunate for him. Did you send that angry letter to him, by the way?
    No, I thought better of it. Well, I say that. I went to a slightly more moderate christian and had a rant without letting her get a word in edge-ways, and asked her to have a word. She didn't want to, which was fair enough because I was quite angry. (Turns out she had actually been strong-armed into giving out gospels as well, and didn't want to because she thought people would be negative about it! Whoops.) But then I found an even more moderate christian, and after ascertaining that it wasn't just gays receiving them, I asked him to have a slightly more toned down conversation on my behalf, telling the original christian that I was very fed up of him trying to convert me.

tl;dr: No, I did not send the letter. :tongue: (Which is a shame because I think it was a remarkably eloquent and articulate letter. By my standards anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    No, I thought better of it. Well, I say that. I went to a slightly more moderate christian and had a rant without letting her get a word in edge-ways, and asked her to have a word. She didn't want to, which was fair enough because I was quite angry. (Turns out she had actually been strong-armed into giving out gospels as well, and didn't want to because she thought people would be negative about it! Whoops.) But then I found an even more moderate christian, and after ascertaining that it wasn't just gays receiving them, I asked him to have a slightly more toned down conversation on my behalf, telling the original christian that I was very fed up of him trying to convert me.

tl;dr: No, I did not send the letter. :tongue: (Which is a shame because I think it was a remarkably eloquent and articulate letter. By my standards anyway)
    I don't get to write enough angry letters. :p: Probably for the best that you didn't send it, even if what he did was completely out of line.

Cambridge seems a lot more Christian than Oxford. I'd heard bad things about the Christian Union before I got here, but so far I haven't encountered any crazy people (well not religious crazy, there are plenty of crazy crazy people here).

ReputationRep:
    good evening/morning.

I can't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see that the start of this new thread is totally full of smut. :hmmm:

[/SARCASM]

ReputationRep:
    Nowt wrong with smut :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I don't get to write enough angry letters. :p: Probably for the best that you didn't send it, even if what he did was completely out of line.

Cambridge seems a lot more Christian than Oxford. I'd heard bad things about the Christian Union before I got here, but so far I haven't encountered any crazy people (well not religious crazy, there are plenty of crazy crazy people here).
    It certainly seems that way. We had a guy running for CUSU president who said re LGBT that he wanted 'to put an organisation in places to help LGBT people no longer be LGBT'. He dropped out of the running after a week or so of huge backlask though, thankfully. And a couple of years ago, at Robinson college the CU prayed outside LGBT people's doors...

Cambridge is full of the bad kind of crazies, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, STAG are pretty evangelical to say the least... ah well.

How are you darlings? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C2H5OH)
    Yeah, STAG are pretty evangelical to say the least... ah well.

How are you darlings? :p:
    :hugs:

not too bad. Should sleep soon though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It certainly seems that way. We had a guy running for CUSU president who said re LGBT that he wanted 'to put an organisation in places to help LGBT people no longer be LGBT'. He dropped out of the running after a week or so of huge backlask though, thankfully. And a couple of years ago, at Robinson college the CU prayed outside LGBT people's doors...

Cambridge is full of the bad kind of crazies, sadly.
    Speaking of CUSU LGBT, do you know Anna Goulding, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, the Jehovah's Witnesses are on the prowl, I wonder if I should do my "pretend I have a boyfriend in bed and the bed is getting cold" line again. Worked last tine :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    I have received so many warning points in the LGBT Soc thread than any other!
    I never get warning points in LGBT chat. I knew I was a good boy. :yep: :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    It's nice to see that the start of this new thread is totally full of smut. :hmmm:

[/SARCASM]
    I blame you for not being here to ensure standards are being maintained. :hmmm: Now you are back I am sure that things will improve. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    I blame you for not being here to ensure standards are being maintained. :hmmm: Now you are back I am sure that things will improve. :yep:
    Vlad doesn't mod this forum :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Vlad doesn't mod this forum :p:
    I know but his charm, style and wit improve the tone and quality of the posts in here. :p:

It compensates for your constant smut posts.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you today?

Why is it that falling half-asleep on the tram home makes the journey longer rather than shorter? :mad:

Anyway, I want to get an early night tonight. Someone remind me of this later, please.

ReputationRep:
    last exam is tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

ReputationRep:
    I just went to town to get coffee, and ended up buying yummy clothes!
    My life just sucks right??? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiman)
    I just went to town to get coffee, and ended up buying £130 worth of stuff.
    My life just sucks right??? :P
    I wish I had that money to spend n I definately wouldnt say that if i did!
    ---
    a super hawt guy came in nd asked 4 help n we had a nice conversation 4 like 45 minutes ! :coma:
    everyone says hes a **** but Ive just found out that hes actually really really nice and cute :p: hes got a soul :cool:
    -------------
    nd how r u all darlings?:p:
    :cig:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    I wish I had that money to spend n I definitely wouldnt say that if i did!
    ---
    a super hawt guy came in nd asked 4 help n we had a nice conversation 4 like 45 minutes ! :coma:
    everyone says hes a **** but Ive just found out that hes actually really really nice and cute :p: hes got a soul :cool:
    -------------
    nd how r u all darlings?:p:
    :cig:
    hey :lovehug:

i'm not too bad. just reading physics

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.