Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really like maths again Every time this course's example sheet rolls around, I find I really enjoy doing it. I'm doing it through choice, rather than going to bed and reading!

ReputationRep:
    Mike is drunk ><

ReputationRep:
    I had the worst nightmare I've never had, I feel like torn apart, I'm stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    There's a guy I've been talking to in the last week or so who seems like a potential prospect on the romance front, but he's not out, so taking him as a date to somewhere where word would probably get back to his school is unlikely to work!
    Oh I know how you feel

ReputationRep:
    Nom, I am baking again today. Also, avoiding a linear algebra project, ooops.

Anyone have any ideas about how to go about meeting a nice girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Anyone have any ideas about how to go about meeting a nice girl?
    I went to a gay bar the last two days and met some nice girls there.
    But there was no potential... but maybe you can try going out? Just be yourself, dance a little and be open.

And perhaps don't go alone. With a (gay) friend it's always nicer as you can check out some girls together. :p: I felt more confident by going with a friend. Alone I would have just sucked.
    (PS: kudos to being an IB Survivor as well! )

Anyways: hi to all. Made my request to join the soc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I went to a gay bar the last two days and met some nice girls there.
    But there was no potential... but maybe you can try going out? Just be yourself, dance a little and be open.

And perhaps don't go alone. With a (gay) friend it's always nicer as you can check out some girls together. :p: I felt more confident by going with a friend. Alone I would have just sucked.
    (PS: kudos to being an IB Survivor as well! )

Anyways: hi to all. Made my request to join the soc!
    I'm really nervous about going to a gay bar, because I'm bad at talking to people I don't know. Also, I don't have any gay friends.

Woe is me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    I had the worst nightmare I've never had, I feel like torn apart, I'm stupid
    :lovie2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    I'm really nervous about going to a gay bar, because I'm bad at talking to people I don't know. Also, I don't have any gay friends.
    Is there a decent LGBT soc at your university?
    I do know what you are talking about, though. Had a looong time being anything but self-confident. I seriously don't know how I got confident enough to even move a foot on the dancefloor. :p: Not that it helped, eh. Missed out on social life for two years as well...

So how do we fight nervousness? Maybe if we stop thinking about rejection? Maybe if we actually know what we could say to someone else? I always have the problem that I don't know how to keep a conversation going.

How about starting with some "light" stuff? Perhaps just going out on the streets and asking random people for directions. And when you feel confident doing that, dive further into a conversation.
    I saw a coach on TV using that strategy on a really nervous, introvert guy and it kinda helped him. And a famous hairdresser made a learning hairdresser ask random people some seriously random questions to lighten her up!

I should try that out to gain more confidence myself. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I appear to be developing a taste for whiskey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I appear to be developing a taste for whiskey.
    I approve, good boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I approve, good boy.
    :puke: Noooooo :hmmm:

Evening by the way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Whiskey is minging, but punish me enough and I might like it :p:

ReputationRep:
    :work:

ReputationRep:
    I approve, good boy.
    I thought you were a Gin & Tonic man?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please recommend me some good films to see on DVD? I'm seriously bored and ******* lazy

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were a Gin & Tonic man?
    I have a wide drinks palate :p: I do love me a good scotch, especially in the form of a Whisky Mac or a Rob Roy :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. The infamous **** of Dagenham is flirting with me on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I have a wide drinks palate :p: I do love me a good scotch, especially in the form of a Whisky Mac or a Rob Roy :sogood:
    Eww Scotch. I like my whiskey, Irish. Jameson's :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Eww Scotch. I like my whiskey, Irish. Jameson's :yep:
    good evening

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.