Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to make pork chop type things taste nice? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I bought some thin kind of pork chops and put them into 3 portions and into the freezer. I had the first the other night, I fried it but it was disgusting, it was really horrible and I can't work out why I normally love pork. How can I make the remaining 2 portions taste nice?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you didn't cook it enough or it might just be a bad cut of meat. Even without anything on the meat should still taste good - maybe take it back? (Did the packet say -do not freeze/suitable for freezing? - because therein may lie your answer).

I usually like rosemary on my pork but it's a bit generic. You could add spices - infuse it with apple/applewood cheese, marinade in cider etc. There should be loads of things on tinternet.

ReputationRep:
    Thin pork chop type things? What is it exactly?

I like to brown pork loins, then add apple sauce and it makes a lovely glaze.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Lemon might be nice with it and garlic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Lots of Lemon might be nice with it and garlic?
    Lemon and garlic......with pork???:eek: .

ReputationRep:
    -marinate it in a bit of orange juice, 5 spice and honey, add red peppers and onions and fry.
    -marinate it in oil, water, sugar, tomato puree, salt, chili pepper, chipotle chili pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion (+ mix and match to your taste: oregano, thyme, cumin, parsley, marjoram, bay, basil, rosemary, mustard, coriander, or whatever spices you want)and then fry

:yum:

ReputationRep:
    Chop them into bits and make stew or casserole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Lemon and garlic......with pork???:eek: .
    Yeah... my mum grills the pork chops and then at the end for the last five minutes squeezes lemon on top and puts a few garlic cloves in between. I;m not talking smothering them with it!

ReputationRep:
    I may be the only one with this opinion but try to burn them a little under the grill

Gives them a gorgeous taste :p: I always burn them purely because I love the taste of it!

ReputationRep:
    peking pork is really nice and very easy
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by kamc)
    -marinate it in a bit of orange juice, 5 spice and honey, add red peppers and onions and fry.
    -marinate it in oil, water, sugar, tomato puree, salt, chili pepper, chipotle chili pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion (+ mix and match to your taste: oregano, thyme, cumin, parsley, marjoram, bay, basil, rosemary, mustard, coriander, or whatever spices you want)and then fry

:yum:
    Sounds good :coma: *steals recipes*

I have a pot of Smoked paprika, Sweet Red Pepper and Thyme from M&S that works a treat...although looks like you're in the US so unless another company does it that's not great advice :p: Instead try rubbing paprika on it, grilling it and then doing something with a lot of flavor to do on the side...maybe stirfry some peppers and other veg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Yeah... my mum grills the pork chops and then at the end for the last five minutes squeezes lemon on top and puts a few garlic cloves in between. I;m not talking smothering them with it!
    I would never have thought that that would have gone well. Blimey.

ReputationRep:
    you can pan fry them depending on the size and everything and fry it in a fairly large knob of butter to glaze it over,

or you could make a breadcrumb sorta coating for it with some spices if you want a crunchy texture to it

ReputationRep:
    salt and pepper and oil...seal the chop then finish in the oven..easy

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the answers, I have some spices so I'll see what then try and match it to someone's reply....although the orange juice marinade sounds pretty amazing might try that on one of them. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Make a salt and sugar brine and rest it in that for 25 min (so it doesn't dry out when cooked)

Then make a BBQ sauce, I use a Delia recipe. Packs a flavor punch

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.