Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this?

I am definetly not getting any higher than a C.

ReputationRep:
    yeah,i am.Not that bothered though.hopefully,the questions go my way.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck y'all

ReputationRep:
    I cannot do this ****.

ReputationRep:
    I was just about to make a thread about this :\ It's the only module that I haven't touched and cannot afford to resit in the summer (stupid of me I know). I have no problem functioning without a night's sleep (Body is used to it after 2 years WoW abuse) so was looking for some tips on what to revise and teh best way to do it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bennyboy260692)
    I was just about to make a thread about this :\ It's the only module that I haven't touched and cannot afford to resit in the summer (stupid of me I know). I have no problem functioning without a night's sleep (Body is used to it after 2 years WoW abuse) so was looking for some tips on what to revise and teh best way to do it.

Thanks
    i suggest you do a past paper under real conditions.you can look on the MEI website for the june 09 paper,i think it pretty much covers everything so it'll help you know what you need to work on.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I don't want to sound ridiculous and all, but is this exam a.m or p.m? The answer to this practically carves out wether I'm sleeping or not tonight.

Thanksss.

ReputationRep:
    am

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I guess I should probably learn chapters 5 and 6 of the book now...Also, how likely is it that the exam will do any form of algorithm except the first fit method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bennyboy260692)

Thanks
    This takes a lot of self-discipline but is well worth it!

Find the mark scheme for a paper on the net.
    Print off the paper that mark scheme relates to.
    Do question one.
    Then - immediately after having done it - mark it.
    Then do question 2, and so on.
    Just don't be tempted to look at the answers before/while doing the questions!

It really is so much more useful than doing a whole paper and then looking back.
    Or at least, it really helped me when doing D1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I cannot do this ****.
    what bits you struggling with the most? i did this in june 09. just make sure you practice the fiddly stuff, like the activity on arc diagrams, cos you always get loads of marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    I have this tomorrow. Starting to get more confident, I did a mock last week and got a B and this was before I had done much revision, so hopefully I can equal/better that. I lost loads of marks on the Critical Path Analysis due to not reading the question properly and rushing it, but I just did the section test on the MEI website and got 27/30 so I am pretty cool with that.

I know all the algorithms pretty well, and for networks I just need to remember what a Hamilton Cycle is etc. Also need to practise formulating LP's, but I am good at the graphs bit of Linear Programming. Can't remember what else there is. Simulation is pretty easy but looonnnngg (I mean not much to remember but the Q's are long).

Good luck all! (But do badly so the grade boundaries are lower haha )

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to this , got it straight after S2. I absolutely hate D1, I usually enjoy most maths modules but for D1 I've only managed to motivate myself to read part of the book (I'm self-teaching) and do the jan/jun 08/09 papers, it's so damn boring! Hopefully they have a nice easy paper, or a nice low grade boundary :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have this tomorrow too. I'm fecked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS2)
    or a nice low grade boundary :p:
    Saying that, what is the grade boundary?

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it. I find D1 really easy... I'm surprised it causes so many problems o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomentalist)
    Saying that, what is the grade boundary?
    Forever always high.

That's what I'm worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what it is for a D, percentage wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomentalist)
    Do you know what it is for a D, percentage wise?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...7&d=1250724339

Last years grade boundaries for OCR MEI. Decision 1 is 4771.

To get:

A - 88%

B - 78%

C - 68%

D - 58%

E - 50%

Good luck people.

ReputationRep:
    Im Gonna Fail. I Know It!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.