Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being remembered more important then living a good life? watch

• View Poll Results: remembered or normal life
    remembered but not nesscerly happy life
    43.48%
    normal life with family and all, but not fully fullfilled.
    56.52%

ReputationRep:
    would you rather create something special that would be remebered forever and die or be lonely through the process. Eg a special invetion that would change the way humans live forever like space exploration.

or would you rather live a boring life with kids and the rest and live long but when you die a few peole would remember you.

for me i would rather be remebered as for me, thats the whole piont of life.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Why does being remembered matter? You're dead, it's not gonna make any difference to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather lead a humble life than be the leader behind a genocide if that is what you're asking...

ReputationRep:
    Ditto first point, why is being remembered the point in life for you when you won't be around to give a damn?

Would rather live a happy life than spend the whole time worrying about what legacy I leave behind which is unlikely to be anything remotely significant.

ReputationRep:
    what? does it concern you that when you die nobody remembers you. like you never existed. that throught worrys me to no end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Ditto first point, why is being remembered the point in life for you when you won't be around to give a damn?

Would rather live a happy life than spend the whole time worrying about what legacy I leave behind which is unlikely to be anything remotely significant.
    I agree with this. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If I were to be remembered for something, I would like it to be a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be remembered when I die, i want to be know as someone who has helped/saved humanity. ...Well it doesn't always have to be a good thing, sometimes what you do seems perfectly acceptable to you but not to the world eg. hitler is a good example. but he'll be remembered for being a Villain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalhappy)
    what? does it concern you that when you die nobody remembers you. like you never existed. that throught worrys me to no end.
    In order to live a happy life I'm going to have to have good friends, so they will probably remember me and even if they don't I won't care because I'll be dead.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you became the most important or well known person in history, eventually the human race would end, the universe would end, time would end. And what then? No-one will remember you then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I agree with this. :yep:
    +1. In the words of I Was A Cub Scout - "We were made to love"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    In order to live a happy life I'm going to have to have good friends, so they will probably remember me and even if they don't I won't care because I'll be dead.

i understand about i would be dead. howeverwith my last throught before die i like to think this wont be the end as my leagacy would have a big (not nesscerly good) effect on the world. it would be like i never died.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go with Ian Dury on this one. He said something like
    "I'm here to ******* live, not to be remembered"

ReputationRep:
    i understand about i would be dead. howeverwith my last throught before die i like to think this wont be the end as my leagacy would have a big (not nesscerly good) effect on the world. it would be like i never died.
    No, it really wouldn't. Because the world is your perception. When you're dead, everything about the world, as far as you are concerned, is different. The only way for it to be "like you never died" is not to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    No, it really wouldn't. Because the world is your perception. When you're dead, everything about the world, as far as you are concerned, is different. The only way for it to be "like you never died" is not to die.
    it would be like i never die to other people. for example hitler is mentioned every day and being taught to children who will learn about him and never forget him. the amount of people who talk amount him is so much its like hes here and not dead.

ReputationRep:
    it would be like i never die to other people.
    Which again won't matter to you because you'll be dead. Nor will it matter them if they don't remember you because, well, they won't remember you.

Your legacy is meaningless because you won't be around to witness it, nor will anyone else for very long.

ReputationRep:
    What if being remembered is synonymous to having a good life.

I assume kids and friends will remember me. In terms of a long term legacy, I don't really care - fame is a mask that eats into the face, or so they say.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.