Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    im going to study social work in september, and ive been applying for student finance, but ive been told i may only be able to have a basic maintance grant because im recieving a non means tested bursary,
    does anyone know anymore about this?
    thankyou! xx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kayleyyy :))
    hello,
    im going to study social work in september, and ive been applying for student finance, but ive been told i may only be able to have a basic maintance grant because im recieving a non means tested bursary,
    does anyone know anymore about this?
    thankyou! xx
    As far as I can gather from the bursary application forms, Student Finance England do not take the bursary into account when assessing your loan entitlement. As stated on the bursary form, when you apply to SFE, they ask if you are entitled to an NHS bursary. The social work bursary is not included in this so tick no. The only part of your loan that might be affected is the tuition fee part.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Above is correct

Although Social Work bursaries are now administered by the NHS, they are not classed as NHS bursaries so tick 'no' on the form to that question.

ReputationRep:
    I got tuition fees loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant and SW bursary.

It took from April til November to sort out though! You should apply for your bursary when you apply for student finance. Bursary people will say they will process your application once you get a final decision from SF. Once I finally got my final notification through from SF, I sent it to NHS bursary peeps and got a payment within 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    oh, okay! thanks.
    it's all sorted now, after a major night mare! xx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.