Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep anon or delete, please.

So I met a girl the other day, and we got along quite well, and I really liked her. Afterwards apparently she asked one of my friends for my number and texted me, and since then we've spoken to each other around school several times.

Anyway, we were texting each other yesterday and she just randomly didn't reply to a text. I'm guessing/hoping that doesn't mean anything, but since then I havn't texted her and she hasn't texted me.

Anyway, I guess I was basically just looking for conformation that the lack of texting didn't mean anything, and also whether it would be a good idea to ask her to meet up with me tomorrow or if that would be moving too fast, considering I've only really known her for a few days?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can offer any advice.

There's lots of reasons why she might not have replied, no credit, no battery, phone died...don't read into it too much.

ReputationRep:
    well, i would wait to see of she is actually going to text back. as thetopnotch said, she might have no cred or whatever. whatever you do...DO NOT text her again for at least a few days. im guessing that she does really like you. she wouldnt have asked for your number otherwise. i bet shes just sitting with all her friends like "omg what will i text back!?"....dont stress!

ReputationRep:
    Please don't be one of those guys that wait on a text reply :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ah if she has a blackberry it probs won't have sent it - stupid thing!
    anyone want my blackberry?!

ReputationRep:
    lol how is it 'too fast' to 'meet up' within a few days, with my ex i had never met her before and we kissed on the 2nd day of knowing each other

ReputationRep:
    She probably got sidetracked, text her again tomorrow? Or better yet, talk to her :mmm:

Alright, well thanks for the help all. I'll probably text her tomorrow, I guess.

I know this was probably a pretty stupid thing to ask in the first place, but between the slight stress of not wanting to screw this up and exams, I'm not exactly acting that rationally at the moment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.