25.00%
    Biomed
    35.00%
    Neuroscience
    20.00%
    Physiology
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    I think you should study whatever you want to at the undergraduate level before making the jump to GEP. A number of GEP programmes take students from all walks of life, and to be honest it doesnt majorly affect their performances in medicine. You'd expect them to find learning the biology and biochem very challenging compared to the biomed graduates, but from my course I know some students who did Engineering and Maths who are simply brilliant students on the course! A lot better than myself, coming from a Physiology background anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddxxx)
    I meant part way through..like i read st.georges lets a few people transfer to med after doing their 2nd year.. (thats for fast track into med).. i just dont know how 'competitive' that would be.

thanks for your reply..though im confused..you say its v.competitive to get into med as a graduate so how come 90% of your friends got in?? (unless all your friends are geniuses!)
    I ask myself this everyday :p:

No I think it was just grit determination, one mindedness and persistance and using every contact they have to help out with arranging work experience, helping with the PS and so on. I probably didn't show these qualities as I was one of the few in our class who was open minded to other career options.

By the way, unless things have changed, I believe that St George's you have to have finished your degree then go into the 3rd year of medicine if you meet certain requirements.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.