Turn on thread page Beta

What are you going to do this summer? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is a question primarily for people who are going to uni this year and have a long summer ahead of them but other people can comment too

I have so many ideas in my head like trying to relearn French or start a body building regime but these ideas are so uncreative so I thought I would ask TSR's view on this

ReputationRep:
    **** all tbh. I might be able to work in the Wimbledon shop.
    Prolly just go on TSR tho :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed I have a job; had all the interviews and tests and just waiting to hear back. Sounds like my idea of a perfect job too so really hoping to get it!

Apart from that, Mountain Leader Assessment, and a few 1-day or 2-day courses to get all qualified in outdoory stuff

ReputationRep:
    I am off abroad to work as a holiday rep for a british holiday company in the sun. I'm on a gap year so it's part of that too. But hoping to have fun, get some experience and earn a little bit of money for uni even though the wages are quite poor!

I know a few people who have went to France and worked in schools over the summer. It really helped their french and they really enjoyed it! :yep:

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    go to the beach
    read a lot
    get tattoos (hopefully more than one)
    work out and lose weight

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to do everything and anything bwahahaha.

- Going to hit the gym
    - visit every place there is to visit
    - let go of stress and just relaxxxx
    - lots of sleeeeeeeeep
    - Hopfully go on holiday :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Got a couple of holidays planned with the girls && my boyfriend. Just gunna have a laugh with everyone here before I move away for uni.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly the same things I do every summer, go on holiday and read a shed-load of books.

Other than that, plan relentlessly for uni. I'm a bit obsessive about being organised, so I dare say it will involve a lot of list writing... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to America to work in a kids summer camp for 3 months then travel round the US for a month! Can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going on a cycling holiday with a few mates, aiming to do ~1000 miles across continental Europe, providing we can get the money to finance it. Other than that I'll be working to get some money together to spend at uni, and enjoying my last summer with my old friends I guess, exciting times!

ReputationRep:
    Work :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Job hunt.
    Drink new drinks.
    Party hard!
    Go to the beach
    Go camping.
    Go on holiday rather than V festival
    Become tanned once more.
    See friends.. alot.

ReputationRep:
    Try and learn Java for my IBM year

ReputationRep:
    Going to Greece and/or London with friends and myboyfriend
    And Hong Kong for three weeks with family.
    Maybe do a little work... unlikely. Just planning on having as much fun as possible before we all move away!

ReputationRep:
    Paris
    Japan
    Germany

ReputationRep:
    Either get onto somesort of Banking Internship (BoE, DB, ML) or God Willing get onto the PMGF!

Or if God Forbid none of that goes through, then it's back to my normal Sky Callcentre job to pay for Uni and get the lowest amount of Loan possible!

ReputationRep:
    The summer shall see the end of my reign here on TSR.
    I'm off to Dubai to take part in a desert rally, so it'll all be about millions of red bull cans, loud rock music, dusty clothes and quick cars sliding through the sands.

C'mon summer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Working and volunteering at festivals...hopefully

ReputationRep:
    magaluf with friends for a week other than that i have no idea

ReputationRep:
    Average length summer, but..

Get a job (har har bloody har), regain social life, would quite like to go on a holiday or something with some friends but depends on everyones time and monies capabilities :woo:

+ actually go around the country a bit more instead of sitting here on this stoopid rock doing the same old.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.