Turn on thread page Beta

How do i get to know this girl from college? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and started sixth form this September. I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl for that matter. I attended an all boys private high school (gay!) if that holds any relevance. So here's the situation:

Nice and shy looking girl checks me out every day and I don't know how to react so I pretend I don't notice it. She looks like a cool person, and I want to get to know her a little. The problem is that she isn't in any of my subject classes, and I don't think any of my friends know her.

What should I do? I don't want to just walk up to her and try make conversation because that would be unbelievably awkward and embarrassing. Is there an excuse around that will allow me to speak to her, or anything else?

Advice is highly appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Next time she checks you out, keep eye contact with her for a couple of seconds and make sure you smile. If she does it when she is alone one day, go and talk to her

Fortune favours the bold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    Next time she checks you out, keep eye contact with her for a couple of seconds and make sure you smile. If she does it when she is alone one day, go and talk to her

Fortune favours the bold.
    Haha ok i'll try that, but what exactly do I say? :o:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    hey good looking what you cooking

ReputationRep:
    ask her which subjects she taking and all that, if shes enjoying sixth form, who knows you might be able to help her study Be confident, makes it less awarkward Good Luckkkk

ReputationRep:
    She would get boned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon505)
    She would get boned
    I'll asume you mean bored..

Where are you when she checks you out?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok i'll try that, but what exactly do I say? :o:
    "How you doin' ?"

:perv:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabiha09)
    I'll asume you mean bored..

Where are you when she checks you out?
    No, i meant 'boned' so stop getting jelous.

And pretty much anywhere in college, sometimes inside and sometimes outside campus during breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Erm. Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, ignore I made that comment. Didn't know girls get this jealous tbh

ReputationRep:
    No, i meant 'boned' so stop getting jelous.

And pretty much anywhere in college, sometimes inside and sometimes outside campus during breaks.
    Hard to get jealous when you haven't even kissed a girl!

Seriously just go up to her when she is alone and talk to her about normal stuff like her course e.g. "I see you around lots but you're not in any of my classes, what subjects do you take?". Whats the worst that could happen...

ReputationRep:
    Set a trap so she trips up whilst you lurk slyly around a corner, then rush over all gentlemanly and help her to her feet. Always a winner :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You need advice...so i'm here to give it to you

Next time you see her. Smile and say hey, good weekend? or like hey, we haven't really talked much before... hows things?

Keep it cool but friendly.
    And if it goes smooth..maybe at the end drop in a compliment (discretely) or say its been nice talking to you (her name)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Set a trap so she trips up whilst you lurk slyly around a corner, then rush over all gentlemanly and help her to her feet. Always a winner :yep:
    Oh aye :yep:

Heres how it goes:

1. place banana skin traps in corridor when you see her approaching :ninja:

2. Hang back in the shadows :pierre:

3. STALK behind her :ahee:

4. She slips backwards gracefully, into your arms. Mission is great success :borat:

5. Invite her to ur place for some "home cookin'" :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_a_y)
    Oh aye :yep:

Heres how it goes:

1. place banana skin traps in corridor when you see her approaching :ninja:

2. Hang back in the shadows :pierre:

3. STALK behind her :ahee:

4. She slips backwards gracefully, into your arms. Mission is great success :borat:

5. Invite her to ur place for some "home cookin'" :coma:
    ...you're clearly very practiced in this area.

I like that :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and started sixth form this September. I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl for that matter. I attended an all boys private high school (gay!) if that holds any relevance. So here's the situation:
    Nice and shy looking girl checks me out every day and I don't know how to react so I pretend I don't notice it. She looks like a cool person, and I want to get to know her a little. The problem is that she isn't in any of my subject classes, and I don't think any of my friends know her.
    What should I do? I don't want to just walk up to her and try make conversation because that would be unbelievably awkward and embarrassing. Is there an excuse around that will allow me to speak to her, or anything else?
    Advice is highly appreciated, thank you.
    I once asked this what time it was and started a conversation that way. If you ever found yourself next to her in a queue you could ask her name, subjects etc. But it would be ok for you to just go up to her and start a conversation. Ask what her interests are. Doesn't matter if it's awkward. It's a start.

ReputationRep:
    Walk up to her, and in your best scottish accent, say slightly agressively "You want Pumped?"

100% success rate, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    You need advice...so i'm here to give it to you

Next time you see her. Smile and say hey, good weekend? or like hey, we haven't really talked much before... hows things?

Keep it cool but friendly.
    And if it goes smooth..maybe at the end drop in a compliment (discretely) or say its been nice talking to you (her name)

Don't you mean ' hey we haven't talked EVER... how's things?'
    Not the best advice i personally would think i'm a creep but i'm not a hot girl so
    OP if you smoke and she smokes ask her for a lighter when she is on her own or if she smokes and you don't start up smoking proven to increase coolness and sex appeal

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to just walk up to her and try make conversation because that would be unbelievably awkward and embarrassing.
    Do that. And relax.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.