Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you complain about this? watch

ReputationRep:
    He probably just thinks your a hippy type person or something, and i wouldn't bother complaining maybe you should have explained the reason you asked instead of saying you were joking but its not like you were rude at all. so I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    he probably won't complain. working in customer service is draining, so the fact that you pride yourself on having excellent customer service says a lot really, it's easy to say something like you did. It'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbles)
    I did apologise
    So, if this happened to you; you would get home look for the buisness' contact details and complain?
    Don't pay too much attention to her, she has pokemon tattooed all over her body

99% of people wouldn't complain, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't complain. You didn't mean to be insulting.

ReputationRep:
    I also wouldn't complain, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    some people take things way too seriously..

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, your clothes were also probably produced in some small sweat shop :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSB01)
    ..you even spelt idiot wrong in your name.
    I don't know what's worse.

A. that you didn't notice the obvious intended irony, or
    B. that you didn't notice that 'village' was spelled wrong too

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't complain about it

ReputationRep:
    you're lucky that was his only response tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbles)
    And I still feel pretty bad about. Also, I am a bit worried he got home, still felt pretty pissed and has decided to email a complaint/something similar.
    I really doubt he did anything like that. he probably just mentioned it to a mate, if anything.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure that I would get over it pretty quickly. I rarely complain unless absolutely necessary. Some people are always looking for something free and this is how people get it.

I worked in a restaurant for years and never had a complaint. In fact I still pride myself on my customer service. I think that if people want to complain they should at least have the balls to do it in person, not hidden behind some online alias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSB01)
    ..you even spelt idiot wrong in your name.
    Lol! You're inability to get irony/realise Village was also spelt wrong has made my day. Thanks! :P

I doubt he'll complain. I once did a similar thing, a guy was buying loads of healthy food so I said about that then I jokingly said, "Oh but the wine isn't very healthy" and he got really annoyed. He didn't complain though. Maybe your Nike guy just wont come back, and I doubt anyone will notice that. I think it's more likely he'll have forgotten though to be honest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.