Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone drink at uni? watch

Announcements

Going to start uni after summer and without a doubt my one big worry is alcohol. I have a full on phobia I'm currently working on getting rid of it but whenever I'm around drunk people I end up feeling terrible. Most people in my situation seem to all be really looking forward to freshers week and drinking lots meeting new people. Freshers week scares the hell out of me because of what people say about the drink at it. I don't drink now and i don't want to start, will i still be able to enjoy freshers week and after?
    If there is anyone else who is T-total who has been through it their experience would be really appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people posting similar threads or comments that they don't drink on here proves you'll be fine.

No.

I am what you would describe as tee-total, and I don't think I've suffered as a result. No-one really cares.

[/thread]

ReputationRep:
    No.

Simple as that really, I can have a great time without drink as do many of my friends

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big drinker either.

You will get complete tossers taking the piss out of you for not drinking.

If you don't let that phase you, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard everybody gets hooked on the pussy juice cocktail.

ReputationRep:
    Im tee-total aswell aside from the occassional recreational use of heroin.

on a less serious note though one of the best people i've met at uni doesn't drink atall and they've saved alot of money so far. Though saying that I found in freshers week that the only thing the magority of "freshers" had in common was Drinking, nights out drinking, pictures of each other put on facebook the night after drinking and hangovers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooljack)
    Im tee-total aswell aside from the occassional recreational use of heroin.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm T-total too but I think it won't affect me when I go. Relentless destroys my body just as well.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong I like a drink but I'm not into the whole getting lashed to the point of stumbling home like a prick thing. I just like a little JD and coke in my evenings sometimes, but really only in moderation.

Think of your mates now, do all of them drink? I know all of mine don't. Only ********s will talk crap if you don't drink and most of the guys that do this are the ones that only have something to say when they've had a drink, i.e. they're not worth talking to.

Anyway, the answer is no.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine - there'll be plenty of other people there who don't drink. Personally, I don't really enjoy drinking and have never been drunk - and I'm in third year! As for Freshers' Week - it does appear to be largely alcohol-orientated, but there should be alternative events on. There were films being shown in the evenings during my Freshers' week - I just went to them with some of my housemates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    No.

I am what you would describe as tee-total, and I don't think I've suffered as a result. No-one really cares.

[/thread]
    God damnit, we cannot be friends...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big drinker, i usually drink one glass of Gin Tonic and then i go home... *Cries*

ReputationRep:
    Everyone drinks, wherever you are, Else you would die from dehydration.
    [/Thread]

(Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    Everyone drinks, wherever you are, Else you would die from dehydration.
    [/Thread]
    Ooh, pedantry! :hugs:

(Original post by Stalin)
    God damnit, we cannot be friends...
    Why not? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Why not? :cry2:
    http://images.zwani.com/graphics/alc.../alcohol64.jpg

On a serious note, why don't you drink?

http://images.zwani.com/graphics/alc.../alcohol64.jpg

On a serious note, why don't you drink?
    I don't like the taste, and I've never felt the need to, and I'd rather not be legless.

But I approve of this picture.

ReputationRep:
    if you do not drink when you go to uni you will most certainly be cast out of society and be forced to live as a recluse

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the taste, and I've never felt the need to, and I'd rather not be legless.

But I approve of this picture.
    What about beer, there's hardly any alcohol in it...

What about beer, there's hardly any alcohol in it...
    ugh hops :hand:

And the calalories?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.