The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

+ polarity -
So. Do you (being an element in the set 'everyone') drink at uni? :sly:

I do indeeeed. A lot more than I do at home for sure :yep: I can't seem to go out at night and NOT drink! :rolleyes:
facetious
I do indeeeed. A lot more than I do at home for sure :yep: I can't seem to go out at night and NOT drink! :rolleyes:

Are you being facetious?!

:h:
no...most of the muslims there won't and those with half a brain will only drink sensibly
I don't drink and don't plan on drinking any time soon.
I'm in my final year of high school and attend parties often, most of the people there get drunk but I find it easy to mingle in. I get hyper of Coca-Cola easily, so I get a few cans of that down my throat and i'm booncin'! No one really minds that I don't drink either :smile:
P.s. Don't listen to some of the douche's on here. If people can't respect the fact that you choose not to drink, then they are people not worth knowing.
+ polarity -
Are you being facetious?!

:h:

I lol'd, and then rolled my eyes. Thought you might like to know :p:

.. And no, I'm not being facetious this time :biggrin:
facetious
I lol'd, and then rolled my eyes. Thought you might like to know :p:

.. And no, I'm not being facetious this time :biggrin:

I tend to have that effect on ladies. :sexface:
+ polarity -
I tend to have that effect on ladies. :sexface:

You cause ladies to roll their eyes? That's a.. nice quality to have.. :unsure:
facetious
You cause ladies to roll their eyes? That's a.. nice quality to have.. :unsure:

Oh, yes. :sly:
+ polarity -
Oh, yes. :sly:

Sounds.. interesting, for sure.
facetious
Sounds.. interesting, for sure.

I think you missed the point. :console:
Meeting up for a drink is one of the most social things you can do at uni.

Hell, you don't even have to drink alcohol. Just go for the soft drinks.
Al_Funcoot
Meeting up for a drink is one of the most social things you can do at uni.

Hell, you don't even have to drink alcohol. Just go for the soft drinks.

This. I like Coke/Pepsi and J2O and Fanta and Sprite and Ribena. :perv:
Of course not. And certain religions disallow alcohol too.
+ polarity -
This. I like Coke/Pepsi and J2O and Fanta and Sprite and Ribena. :perv:
Diet Pepsi FTW. I only drink as much as I do because I live in the west country and to be honest, if you come to the west country and don't drink the local produce it's like viewing a rainbow with only one of the colours on display.
Al_Funcoot
Diet Pepsi FTW. I only drink as much as I do because I live in the west country and to be honest, if you come to the west country and don't drink the local produce it's like viewing a rainbow with only one of the colours on display.

I'm in the (better bit of the) West Country! :awesome:
Reply 75
A fobia of drinking? Never heard that before, but im sure theres plenty who dont drink
Reply 76
Not everyone drinks at university and it certainly doesn't stop you having a good time.
I was the same before going to uni but still I went out in freshers and met some great people. I had a coke/other non alcoholic drinks and yeah some people took the piss but they're not the kind of people I want to hang around with at the end of the day. My friends I went out with drank, not loads but obviously more than me but they were fine with me not drinking.
Now I do drink occasionally but if I fancy a non alcoholic drink that is what i'll drink, do what you want not what you think other people want you to do :smile:
Reply 78
Jukukiwaiyi
Quite simply, this comment is true. Someone in the next door flat to me does not believe in alcohol, or drugs. He is a complete out cast.

Isn't that more because they don't go out then?
As long as you still go out occasionally (not drinking if you don't want to) you'll be fine and meet loads of people still :smile:
but here's my solution: JUST DRINK. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending