The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

What are the twin ensuite rooms in High Holborn like?

Also, what are the showering facilities and toilets like in Roseberry?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
gyyy2807
What are the twin ensuite rooms in High Holborn like?

Also, what are the showering facilities and toilets like in Roseberry?

Find/ join the fb group. The presidents (or whatev) are in the group and they give any information you need.
Pretty reliable source.
Reply 182
picked:

1. carr saunders
2. high holborn
3. bankside

a. connaught
b. lillian penson
c. hughes perry

for the question about if i am willing to take other room if preference not available and the other question about flexibility, i put no
is this bad?
what is the worst that can happen if i picked no?
because i dont mind sharing and i dont mind any of the halls, although i'd rather get my first choice halls
Milan.
picked:

1. carr saunders
2. high holborn
3. bankside

a. connaught
b. lillian penson
c. hughes perry

for the question about if i am willing to take other room if preference not available and the other question about flexibility, i put no
is this bad?
what is the worst that can happen if i picked no?
because i dont mind sharing and i dont mind any of the halls, although i'd rather get my first choice halls

Don't worry. All first years are guaranteed accommodation. So no chance of you not getting any acc.

*Edit*
Also just saw your exactly-the-same post on the LSE Freshers wall :smile:
Reply 184
Srije
1) HH
2) Bankside
3) Roseberry

a) Connaught
b) commonwealth
c) College

proximity to lse, single room, bathroom, kitchen, social life

Applied 11th Feb.

Btw LSE thinks social life = UoL :p:

You sure? That means they will try and put you in in the intercollegiate halls?
Reply 185
iPod
Random point but you know there was that question about being flexible about accomodation on the form, apparently if you ticked "yes" then on your confirmation email it says that they can change your room offer. Eg from Single to Shared just because you texted you were flexible. (They use some word starting with P, I don't remember it!) I'm a bit worried as I ticked I was flexible but after I have been given the offer I don't want to share! xx

Does this mean you've got ur acc offer?
Reply 186
irfy
You sure? That means they will try and put you in in the intercollegiate halls?

Nah I'm kidding but they could use that excuse ^^
Reply 187
Srije

i see, but it kinda does make sense lol. Have you applied yet? Where did u apply?
Reply 188
irfy
i see, but it kinda does make sense lol. Have you applied yet? Where did u apply?

:lolwut: you quoted the posted where I outlined where I applied :p:
Reply 189
Srije

If they try that they're going to have a very pissed off me to contend with :hmmm:
Hopefully my being vegetarian may swing me an extra couple of points in getting high holborn as its self-catered. I emailed them to change me to being inflexible, perhaps you should do that.
Reply 191
Readandrhyme
Hopefully my being vegetarian may swing me an extra couple of points in getting high holborn as its self-catered. I emailed them to change me to being inflexible, perhaps you should do that.

The inflexible/flexible thing only comes into play if they can't find you a room in any of your preferences. Given that mine was one of the very first applications in, fingers crossed it's not even going to be an issue :o:
Why has no-one mentioned Passfield Hall? Is it just because it's small & quite far out? It's really tempting me at the moment because it seems really pretty (Georgian architecture :coma:), it's close to Camden for nights out & St Pancras for trains to Nottingham and it's so cheap! Anyone care to talk me out of/into it, please? Does it have a good social scene? Would I be able to specifically choose to be allocated to a triple room?

Also, does anyone know if any of the halls have free pool tables? & how easy is it to store bikes?

(Sorry for the barrage of questions :o:)
Reply 193
caroline147
Why has no-one mentioned Passfield Hall? Is it just because it's small & quite far out? It's really tempting me at the moment because it seems really pretty (Georgian architecture :coma:), it's close to Camden for nights out & St Pancras for trains to Nottingham and it's so cheap! Anyone care to talk me out of/into it, please? Does it have a good social scene? Would I be able to specifically choose to be allocated to a triple room?

Also, does anyone know if any of the halls have free pool tables? & how easy is it to store bikes?

At Passfield all undergraduates have to share a room
Reply 194
caroline147
Why has no-one mentioned Passfield Hall

I wonder too. From the pictures, it seems lovely. And sharing rooms is a plus to me, as it keeps the absurd accommodation costs down.
Ines24
I wonder too. From the pictures, it seems lovely. And sharing rooms is a plus to me, as it keeps the absurd accommodation costs down.

Exactly :confused:
Reply 196
caroline147

I had actually considered it quite a bit actually because, as you say, the Georgian architecture is gorgeous. However I can't remember why I didn't put it down as a choice... Maybe the size? Heard it isn't much of a party place? Dunno..
Well, I've put Passfield down as my first choice so hopefully there's no big, terrible secret about why it's less popular :p:
I went for (all for shared rooms):
1. Passfield
2. Bankside
3. HH

And, as I said having the cheapest room was my main priority, I'm hoping I get allocated to a nice triple room in Passfield :yep:
It will be interesting to see how quickly I get an answer compared to all of you who applied early, hmm.
Reply 198
Erm, does anyone know which other uni undergrads will be in which particular intercollegiate halls?
The new Carr-Saunders group for 2010-2011 is now up on facebook. If anyone has any questions please post them on our wall.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=350011939236

The group is still partially under construction, further additions will be made very soon.

Latest

Trending

Trending