Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you wana know more about Passfield please ask me any Q or go on the Official Passfield thread i just created - i am currently the president of passfield hall and will try hard to answer your Qs if you have any!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just applied

1st: High holborn
    2nd: Bankside
    3rd: Passfield

prefer LSE.

UCL:
    1st: Cantebury
    2nd: College
    3rd: Hugh parry

Can someone please tell me if I've made a big mistake or not? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I live at Lilian Knowles House this year. I'm a postgrad and have a studio. So NOT worth its money. Tiny rooms, bad facilities (new but really bad quality), awful, inexperienced staff. The worst is that most of the studios are all facing the main street and are on the Ground as well as LOWER GROUND floor! Which means that you may end up with half a window in your room while paying 800 pounds a month! And a person having a single en suite and paying 600 quid may have huge bright windows and a nice view to the inner courtyard.

I wish I had someone to warn me before moving in. Studios in the same area or elsewhere close to school are not difficult to find in the same price range. To all those postgrads who want a comfortable place to live and study without a lot of noise, while still being in the heart of London and thus have lots of choices for entertainment, go to Grosvenor House or rent a studio/one bedroom flat. Lilian Knowles it's just an overpriced residence.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.