Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how much is the bus fair?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the bus is quite fair -- picks you up, always has seats available, then drops you off...everything you want in a bus tbf.

In other news, the fare is around 90p with a student oyster, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    ok ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    RV1 - from just behind the bankside halls to covent gardens-ish (2 mins walk from LSE)
    yep, although it takes a very indirect route, so what would be a 5 minute journey takes 15. Still better than walking :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    how much is the bus fair?
    Standard sinlge TFL fair. I think its around £1.4 ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    I suggest the original poster of this thread puts all the pros and cons in the first post so it's easier for people to see instead of having to go through loads of posts?
    Done it!

Just realised how over-represented Bankside is... Need to get some more opinions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xrxyxaxnx)
    Done it!

Just realised how over-represented Bankside is... Need to get some more opinions!
    I'm gonna choose:

1) HH
    2) bankside
    3) roseberry

its probably the most popular set of choices.

ReputationRep:
    No, bus is £1.20

ReputationRep:
    No, bus is £1.20
    yeah - for single journey's no difference between student oyster and normal oyster :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    I'm gonna choose:

1) HH
    2) bankside
    3) roseberry

its probably the most popular set of choices.

Well I'm thinking more:

I) Rosebery
    II) Bankside
    III) ? (The whole 'It's so close!' isn't of major appeal to me.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    yeah - for single journey's no difference between student oyster and normal oyster :mad:
    I know, right? I spend about £20 a week on my oyster. Probably makes more sense to buy a travel card but I cba

ReputationRep:
    I know, right? I spend about £20 a week on my oyster.
    And how much on taxis? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going for

1) HH
    2) Lilian Knowles
    3) Rosebery / Bankside

Does anyone have any experience of Lilian K?? I've only really decided on it as it's self-catered.

Also, I am right in thinking you pick only 3 LSE halls or 3 IC halls. Not 3 LSE AND 3 IC?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    No, you pick 3 LSE residences AND 3 UoL Intercollegiate residences - total of 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    And how much on taxis? :p:
    Let's not go there :o:

Where have you been? I haven't seen you around in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Readandrhyme)
    I think I'm going for

1) HH
    2) Lilian Knowles
    3) Rosebery / Bankside

Does anyone have any experience of Lilian K?? I've only really decided on it as it's self-catered.

Also, I am right in thinking you pick only 3 LSE halls or 3 IC halls. Not 3 LSE AND 3 IC?

cheers
    lilian knowles is for postgraduates

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information about the IC halls?
    What are the chances of a fresher not getting an LSE hall and having to go there? I really cba to research IC halls but if there's a chance I might have to go there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    I see - the accommodation bit in the pack doesn't really give information about in which halls you have to share a room in the first year etc...

Which halls is it compulsory?

I was talking to a friend who said that in High Holborn all the good rooms go to the postgrads... the the crap rooms which face a wall and let v little light through are depressing?

Anyway to get a good room with a good view?
    Hey,

do you know any more disadvantages about living in High Holborn? Really want to go there, but want a fair opinion.
    The website says there "Currently, there is a predominantly undergraduate population". So there can't be that many postgrads taking up good rooms.
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/res...rn/Default.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TylerDurden)
    Hey,

do you know any more disadvantages about living in High Holborn? Really want to go there, but want a fair opinion.
    The website says there "Currently, there is a predominantly undergraduate population". So there can't be that many postgrads taking up good rooms.
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/res...rn/Default.htm
    well its my first choice... advantage of location > the disadvantages ... apart from the one already mentioned.. cannot think of too many...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritho)
    lilian knowles is for postgraduates
    Really? I have not read that anywhere!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.