Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my confirmation email today - and now the waiting starts again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    I got my confirmation email today - and now the waiting starts again...
    *sigh* I'm not sure now that I want HH , I hope its sociable enough...
    but on the flipside, if I don't like it - I'm certain that I'd find someone to swap with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ines24)
    Which halls are most advisable for shared rooms?
    A word of warning to all students; Northumberland House will be (almost) completely postgrad next year. Do not apply there if you're an undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Student,

Thank you, we have received your application form for accommodation for the academic year 2010/11.

New students should expect notice of our decision regarding accommodation within 28 days.

Continuing students and students applying as couple or family should expect results of places allocated by lottery after 1st May, 2010.

Regards,
    LSE Accommodation Office

(Original post by xrxyxaxnx)
    New students should expect notice of our decision regarding accommodation within 28 days.
    Lies!

I applied for accommodation early April and they gave me my 6th choice mid-September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    Lies!

I applied for accommodation early April and they gave me my 6th choice mid-September!
    Well that doesn't bode very ******* well, does it?

On the other hand, we applied early Feb because we're keen, so it might work out better for us :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    *sigh* I'm not sure now that I want HH , I hope its sociable enough...
    but on the flipside, if I don't like it - I'm certain that I'd find someone to swap with.
    yeah i was thinking that too, dont worry we'll hit it up even if no-one else will

ReputationRep:
    The only reservation I have about LSE is the social life... I really really really need one - nights out are the only thing that keep me going through the school week haha!

People say 'It's what you make of it' and I hope that's true, because I will make the most of it! As long as there are a few of us, hopefully be fine

And if not, the holidays are long enough for me to cram in as many nights in Barnsley as possible to make up for the term time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Readandrhyme)
    yeah i was thinking that too, dont worry we'll hit it up even if no-one else will
    Definitely , I'm a good person to know as I know London well

ReputationRep:
    The only reservation I have about LSE is the social life... I really really really need one - nights out are the only thing that keep me going through the school week haha!

People say 'It's what you make of it' and I hope that's true, because I will make the most of it! As long as there are a few of us, hopefully be fine

And if not, the holidays are long enough for me to cram in as many nights in Barnsley as possible to make up for the term time
    Mate, I'm in exactly the same boat; I know that Hunty also sounds like the sort who likes his nights out, so there's three of us at least just here on TSR - and I'd put good money on the fact that we'll find plenty more on freshers'. We might have to put a little effort into it if we end up in a bad halls or corridor, but I can't see it being too bad. Having gone to Bristol again this weekend though, I'm starting to regret not having considered going to a slightly more social uni though :sadnod:

Trust me, London nights out will wipe the floor with Barnsley - might a tad pricier though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Readandrhyme)
    (Original post by Srije)
    Definitely , I'm a good person to know as I know London well
    You can count me in on that too. I'm a Londoner too, so it's alllll gooooooooooood :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You can count me in on that too. I'm a Londoner too, so it's alllll gooooooooooood :yep:
    We make up 4% of LSE... (i.e. Londoners do)

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I'm in exactly the same boat; I know that Hunty also sounds like the sort who likes his nights out, so there's three of us at least just here on TSR - and I'd put good money on the fact that we'll find plenty more on freshers'. We might have to put a little effort into it if we end up in a bad halls or corridor, but I can't see it being too bad. Having gone to Bristol again this weekend though, I'm starting to regret not having considered going to a slightly more social uni though :sadnod:

Trust me, London nights out will wipe the floor with Barnsley - might a tad pricier though :rolleyes:
    Well yeah, there'll hopefully be loads of people out there up for it; just a case of finding them.

As for Barns, it's one of those places that's 'so bad it's good'? I like terrible things like that.. I expect London to be more 'so good it's good' though, which is always a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, there'll hopefully be loads of people out there up for it; just a case of finding them.

As for Barns, it's one of those places that's 'so bad it's good'? I like terrible things like that.. I expect London to be more 'so good it's good' though, which is always a bonus.
    Don't worry, we can still find some places that are so bad they're good; The Chandos, Pitcher and Piano, Dirty Martini, Afterskool (which is KCLSU), Cheapskates, TigerTiger (the Croydon one, the central London one is pretty good)... There are also plenty of decent places, but yeah, they're pricey compared to Bristol, Notts, Manchester et al. even on student nights :sadnod:

My plan is to join the AU so at least Wednesday nights are guaranteed to have some decent banter.

ReputationRep:
    Reading some of last years posts we may have ages to wait to see where we got!
    Bankside please!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, we can still find some places that are so bad they're good; The Chandos, Pitcher and Piano, Dirty Martini, Afterskool (which is KCLSU), Cheapskates, TigerTiger (the Croydon one, the central London one is pretty good)... There are also plenty of decent places, but yeah, they're pricey compared to Bristol, Notts, Manchester et al. even on student nights :sadnod:

My plan is to join the AU so at least Wednesday nights are guaranteed to have some decent banter.

Yeah I was thinking of the same... just need to find something vaguely sporty that I can tolerate.

ReputationRep:

Babalou/Mass/Plan B good in Brixton , seOne, Ministry, TigerTiger haymarket, Cafe de Paris, Boujis, MAHIKI, Crazy Larrys, Sometimes Zoo Bar, Sometimes the ones in Clapham/Wandworth area are ok..

These are all decent, ironically I haven't been to Matter or Indigo(the one in greenwich) even though they are closer than all the others to my house, surely got to go there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    Babalou/Mass/Plan B good in Brixton , seOne, Ministry, TigerTiger haymarket, Cafe de Paris, Boujis, MAHIKI, Crazy Larrys, Sometimes Zoo Bar, Sometimes the ones in Clapham/Wandworth area are ok..

These are all decent, ironically I haven't been to Matter or Indigo(the one in greenwich) even though they are closer than all the others to my house, surely got to go there...
    It's quite nice there, had a fab time when I went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)

Matter's a decent night, but a bugger to get back to halls from probably. I've never liked Babalou, probably because I worked there a couple of times :rolleyes: Mahiki is SOLID though - one of my faves

Yeah I was thinking of the same... just need to find something vaguely sporty that I can tolerate.
    I'm going to dust off the rugby boots and maybe my squash racket. If I'm feeling lazy though, I might just buy myself a badminton racket instead hehe.

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of bars and clubs eases my fears and blatant alcoholism. Very good.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.