Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xrxyxaxnx)
    I actually don't mind the idea of sharing. My 2nd and 3rd choices, Bankside and HH are both shared, just to keep the prices down!
    Hmmm, I'd rather not share, but if your room-mate's cool, it'd probably be more fun. Plus a shared room is better than being turfed into one of the 'lesser' halls because you wouldn't take any other kind of room.

Having mates over to stay (and other things... :perv:) could be a little awkward though, and no jamming around your room in the buff. Not that I'd do that anyway :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    Hmmm, I'd rather not share, but if your room-mate's cool, it'd probably be more fun. Plus a shared room is better than being turfed into one of the 'lesser' halls because you wouldn't take any other kind of room.

Having mates over to stay (and other things... :perv:) could be a little awkward though, and no jamming around your room in the buff. Not that I'd do that anyway :ninja:
    :perv: is scary... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    :perv: is scary... :cry:
    Haha, it unnerves me less than :sexface:

Basically - sexytimes would be awkward. I'd have to nick a 'Do Not Disturb' sign from a hotel or something

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it unnerves me less than :sexface:

Basically - sexytimes would be awkward. I'd have to nick a 'Do Not Disturb' sign from a hotel or something
    is also slightly disturbing =p

ReputationRep:
    is wrong on so many levels...

ReputationRep:

Somebody's rather optimistic!..haha. But yeah, that is quite a pain.. I'm sure some 'system' would be worked out

ReputationRep:
    Somebody's rather optimistic!..haha. But yeah, that is quite a pain.. I'm sure some 'system' would be worked out
    Never hurts to be optimistic hehe.

Ahem.

But yeah, the old sock on the doorknob/a sign would probably work. Unless your roomy's a knob or a perv.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to go NOW. :/

ReputationRep:
    I will be a postgraduate student and I am debating between LSE residental housing and private housing, which is better? I am looking into Butlers Wharf, Grosvenor House, High Hilborn (maybe), and Lilian Knowles. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to live? I like that Butlers Wharf is less expensive, sort of like an apartment and mostly for grads. Do all the dorms fill up?

Thank you for any advice/help

Laura

ReputationRep:
    I just want to go NOW. :/
    Yeah, I'm starting to get sick of London, I need to get out and about.

OH WAIT.

hehe.

But seriously, I need to leave home, I'm starting to get bored of the same old same old routine. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I love school and everything and have a laugh when I'm there. But because the sixth form is practically the same as lower school, it feels like my 7th year of exactly the same routine. I just want something else to shake it all up and get rid of the same routine....Saying that I can see within weeks wanting to be back at school and having the structure and security of it all. You can never win!

ReputationRep:
    is wrong on so many levels...
    Yes it is and that's how I conquered Jinru.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I love school and everything and have a laugh when I'm there. But because the sixth form is practically the same as lower school, it feels like my 7th year of exactly the same routine. I just want something else to shake it all up and get rid of the same routine....Saying that I can see within weeks wanting to be back at school and having the structure and security of it all. You can never win!
    ahhh, but how many unis are there with a couple of pubs on campus? That's got to be a major bonus.

I dunno, I think I'm just in need of a break. That and a chance to go a bit mental with a load of (relative) randoms; I'm dying for the social aspects of uni atm (I really want halls life - all of my mates at uni seem to love every second of the social stuff) but I'm thinking that I'll find going back to doing academic work difficult after a year off :sadnod:

I was the same this time last year, when I thought I was heading off to Bristol (where several of my mates were going), except even more so, because of friends being there and it having a better social reputation. I keep persuading myself that I've done the right thing long term in accepting LSE this time around, but there's still a nagging little doubt in the back of my head that I should've taken the Bristol unconditional this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    Yes it is and that's how I conquered Jinru.

It actually makes my skin crawl.

*shudder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    question probably asked already! but
    Is accomodation chosing first come first serve or is it a 'lottery' once everyone has applied for accomodation? Will applying for accomodation earlier mean you're more likely to get your favourite choice or not?
    nobody knows clearly about that. but the nearest guess is that people who applied in the same 28-day period would be in a lottery. so it is kind of first come first serve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritho)
    nobody knows clearly about that. but the nearest guess is that people who applied in the same 28-day period would be in a lottery. so it is kind of first come first serve
    Damn thats a fcked up system for those who only receive their offer later on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ines24)
    Damn thats a fcked up system for those who only receive their offer later on!
    ...well...that's probably right...but maybe they provide only certain number of rooms in each hall for every lottery, say like 400 rooms in bankside and they do it like 100 a month for lottery?? that'd make it fair.
    but i really dont know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritho)
    ...well...that's probably right...but maybe they provide only certain number of rooms in each hall for every lottery, say like 400 rooms in bankside and they do it like 100 a month for lottery?? that'd make it fair.
    but i really dont know
    I think that's right. Because otherwise all of the High Holborn/Bankside rooms would go in the first month or two and anyone applying in the third month would be left with the **** ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritho)
    haha dont you thing it is too good for undergraduates?
    2 clues. 1. in your offer pack there's no lilian knowles
    2. check out here http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/acco...fo/quotas.aspx
    May I direct you to page 17 of the new LSE undergraduate prospectus (. It lists lilian knowles, i guess it looks like they are now accepting undergraduates! riddle me that. well I now do not know whether to email them asking them to change my rosebery choice for LK. Anyone think this will still be predominately post-grad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Readandrhyme)
    May I direct you to page 17 of the new LSE undergraduate prospectus (. It lists lilian knowles, i guess it looks like they are now accepting undergraduates! riddle me that. well I now do not know whether to email them asking them to change my rosebery choice for LK. Anyone think this will still be predominately post-grad?

Urm yes... If you read through this thread somewhere there's a comment from a person who has something to do with applications and he confirms LK is moving towards being more and more post-grad orientated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.