Turn on thread page Beta

The pill and break through bleeding watch

I went on the pill four years ago as perscribed by my gyno due to years of painful periods.

I have never had a problem before and have on quite a few occasions run pill packets together without any problems. And I have run a couple of packs together this time too.

However, I am a week away from the end of my pack and yesterday I had cramps and today I started bleeding. Its fairly light but took me as a total shock.

I would expect it in the first four months but not after four years. I went to the chemist and she told me to keep taking the pills and not to worry too much.

But I can't help but worry, I just don't know why this suddenly started after so long!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I was told that light bleeding is normal when pack are run together, but I guess it depends on the type of pill you use.

ReputationRep:
    that's happened to me before as well, after about 2 years of taking them, freaked me out too. guess it just randomly happens sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Hi this happened to me a couple of weeks ago! I've been on microgynon 30 for about 5 years and frequently ran packs together with no problems. Then at christmas I ran 2 packs together which was fine but 2 weeks ago I had really bad cramps and bled for about a week which was a pain. I was really worried too but I guess it just happens

Thanks. Guess it just one of those things. Just annoying cos if follows normal pattern will finish bleeding on sunday and start again on Tuesday...sucky!

Its still going strong. eight days of non stop bleeding! I don't know what to do. went to pharmacy and they told me to go to the doctors asap. problem is a work full time and the walk in centre here is horrendous. parents saying pharmacist is being silly! I'm due for my act period on Tuesday:-(Gonna be over two weeks straight at this rate :'-(

What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing you can do. You may find your actual period ends a little quicker during the break as you have already been bleeding.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.