Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else here like Blind Guardian? watch

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Well I know of them, listened to a lot of their stuff, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. They just seem a bit bland really. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    They were pretty sweet at Bloodstock last year.
    I like them, in a cheesy way.

:O I just noticed I lost a rep square. Gutted.
    I am the only one to like and have seen Blind Guardian on this thread... hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EM(Lin))
    None of my friends have ever heard of them (they mostly like generic pop/club music :p:). I absolutely love them, and Nightfall in Middle Earth is my favourite album of all time

So... anyone? Or am I some sort of musical loner?
    You are really cool for listening to a band that nobody else you know does.

Why not follow it up by listening to other, similar bands!

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of their albums and yeah they're pretty good. Couldn't listen to more than 20 minutes of it though, kinda does my ears in after a while hehe.

ReputationRep:
    meeeee =) I saw em at bloodstock last year and loved em

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Yeah, I was hoping to get some ideas here... my musical tastes are pretty eclectic, so if you have any suggestions feel free!
    http://league.britgo.org/playing.php > similar artists

But don't dismiss them because 'this is rubbish, it doesn't sound like Blind Guardian'. They won't, they'll be differently good.

ReputationRep:
    love themmmmmm

lord of the rings

blood tears

you should listen to demons and wizards has blinds vocalist and there is an album themed on stephen kings dark tower it is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good

And Blood Tears is amaaazing. Have you read The Silmarillion?

no i havent its on my to read list

but thats soo long

ive only got a few tolkien i need them all tho :P

i wanna know the story of beren and liuthium (spelt wrong i think)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I used to like them when I was in high school. Hadn't listened to their albums in a long, long time though. I might give 'em a spin, it's been awhile..

ReputationRep:
    Beren and Luthien

Haha Tolkien is addictive. I'm totally obsessed. Anyway, I was asking because Nightfall in Middle Earth basically tells the story of The Silmarillion (you probably already know that). I think it's an incredibly effective way of portraying it
    lol i didnt know that but i dunno blind guardians singers name
    but he is one of the best lyricists i know
    i write lyrics but if they are based on a story
    i can never get as near as he does so easily

ReputationRep:
    His name's Hansi Kursch, and I agree he's fantastic. It's amazing how he condenses the emotion of a complex story into a song.

Cool, what sort of lyrics do you write? I try to write lyrics but it usually comes out as poetry :p:
    you can see what i write here
    http://chaosexplosion.deviantart.com/
    i always let the world see even if they are rubbish

and i have much fun rhyming so most of mine works as poetry aswell :P

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I really like the untitled one in particular And the opening couple of lines of the Burning Roses one makes me want to write something- great image!

My stuff gets too in-depth and descriptive for a song. I can't make it different enough from my poetry (most of which doesn't rhyme, another reason for it not working as lyrics).

You're brave for putting it on the internet though. Maybe I should just get my stuff out there :rolleyes:
    there is a start of a story on therer too :P thats descriptive

and not many people go on there so its fine xD
    only people who know me look or if i tell them its on there - like you

let me know if you write anything from burning roses :P i wrote that today and its tongue in cheek in my opinion but i love it

ReputationRep:
    If I'm heavily intoxicated and with a load of friends they can be... Entertaining. Really, really, really gay but entertaining nonetheless. Same with Sonata Arctica. And Hammerfall. And basically all power metal.

ReputationRep:
    I do enjoy Blind Guardian, haven't listened to 'em properly for over a year, gonna have to change that now

ReputationRep:
    I love Blind Guardian

Imaginations from the Other Side :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I used to hav a fantasy about losin' my virginity to Nightfall. I didn't, and the fantasy died. Thank god.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.