Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i'm seriously desperate for a Distinction in my DiDA course but the thing is that my D201 was put down by 5 marks because my teacher had marked the selected e-portfolio's incorrectly (I wasn't one of them). I managed to get an A* in D203 and a really high A in D202. I now need to get either 42/42 or 42/42 in D204 to get my Distinction. It's really annoying because if my teacher was to have marked the first unit properly then I wouldn't have needed to make up the marks in D204. Do you think it's possible for me get 41/42 or 42/42 in D204 if I try and make everything perfect....or has my chance of a Distinction gone

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's possible just make sure you put all the effort in and have every minute thing in that it tells you to in the markscheme.

I can feel for you with the downgrading of marks. I was supposed to get marked as 4 A*s but the school didn't mark it correctly and so I ended up with a Credit instead. Was a real kick in the teeth to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Of course it's possible just make sure you put all the effort in and have every minute thing in that it tells you to in the markscheme.

I can feel for you with the downgrading of marks. I was supposed to get marked as 4 A*s but the school didn't mark it correctly and so I ended up with a Credit instead. Was a real kick in the teeth to be honest
    Oh dear now I REALLY do feel for you. I'd go tear your teachers face off if that happened to me. But how was it lowered by 2 grades...your teacher must have been really ****. Thanks for the advice and I offer my condolences to your DiDA experience.

ReputationRep:
    It would be difficult, but I managed to achieve this on a couple of units (out of 12) when I studied A-level ICT in 2007. It is worth asking your teacher if it possible to improve your other units. It is normally possible to enter units at least twice before the results are certified. If the units have not yet been sent to the exam board for external moderation, then this process is easier to arrange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplebanana)
    It would be difficult, but I managed to achieve this on a couple of units (out of 12) when I studied A-level ICT in 2007. It is worth asking your teacher if it possible to improve your other units. It is normally possible to enter units at least twice before the results are certified. If the units have not yet been sent to the exam board for external moderation, then this process is easier to arrange.
    No I can't because there is an expiry date for the units which means that they can not be remarked again.

ReputationRep:
    No I can't because there is an expiry date for the units which means that they can not be remarked again.
    In this case, your best hope is just to aim for the highest mark you can in the remaining unit. You can always re-take it next year if you are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplebanana)
    In this case, your best hope is just to aim for the highest mark you can in the remaining unit. You can always re-take it next year if you are concerned.
    no, not really I can't this is my final unit and i'll be in year 12, i'd rather not retake so I have to get close to full marks in this unit.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.