Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing spanish in yr 12 atm and in my WJEC paper theres a section which is like a gap fill, you've gota read the article and then theres a passage which you have to fill in with a list of words which you get. You dont always know what all of the words mean etc. Anyone else taking this paper? Anyone got any tips for this? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I took this last year, and got an A, so I must have been doing something right related to it? Haha. It is an incredibly hard section of the paper, and I would say most people I know struggled with it more than anything.
    The things you need to look out for:
    • what kind of word needs to go in the gap? (noun/verb/adjective, etc)
    • if relevant, does the word need to be masculine/feminine/singular/plural?
    • Grammatical structure- like "a" needs to go before people, it's things like this people forget
    • what word would make sense if you put it in there?
    • Often they'll try and trick you with words that are spelt similarly but mean different things- so look out for this
    • This often narrows you down to 2 or 3 words, so after this, it's picking which one makes the most sense.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Hey, I took this last year, and got an A, so I must have been doing something right related to it? Haha. It is an incredibly hard section of the paper, and I would say most people I know struggled with it more than anything.
    The things you need to look out for:
    • what kind of word needs to go in the gap? (noun/verb/adjective, etc)
    • if relevant, does the word need to be masculine/feminine/singular/plural?
    • Grammatical structure- like "a" needs to go before people, it's things like this people forget
    • what word would make sense if you put it in there?
    • Often they'll try and trick you with words that are spelt similarly but mean different things- so look out for this
    • This often narrows you down to 2 or 3 words, so after this, it's picking which one makes the most sense.

Hope that helps

THANKS XX

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 24, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.