Turn on thread page Beta

American backpack travels.. suggestions?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I need some suggestions about travel.

I am working at a summer camp until 24th August and then travelling until the 13th September which is my flight day when I am flying home from Newark. So I have almost 3weeks.

Where should I go?

I have been to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington and Washington DC, NYC, Parts of NJ.. sooo need ideas.

I didn't get to a beach in 2009 sooo kinda want to visit Atlantic city and I am thinking of Niagra Falls. I want to be in NYC for the Ground Zero service on 11th September so may spend the last 3 or 4 days there.

Where would you recommend cheaply? I am using the megabus again probably sooo.. I like value for money..

I kinda want to goo to west coast and yellowstone but anticipate it as expensive.

So any recommendations??:woo:

ReputationRep:
    where is the summer camp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    where is the summer camp?
    Connecticut.. which is pretty central to NYC (120miles away).

ReputationRep:
    i dont know how feasible this would be but if i were you i would either go up to canada, round nova scotia (i've been there, its lovely)
    or head more towards michigan and see the great lakes

ReputationRep:
    Chicago, LA and San Fransisco would be my obvious choices, I think it takes about a day on the bus to get from NY to Chicago then 2 days from there to the west coast but you could stop somewhere in the middle like Denver or something. (that's what I plan to do next year among other places)

(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I need some suggestions about travel.

I am working at a summer camp until 24th August and then travelling until the 13th September which is my flight day when I am flying home from Newark. So I have almost 3weeks.

Where should I go?

I have been to Boston, Philadelphia, Washington and Washington DC, NYC, Parts of NJ.. sooo need ideas.

I didn't get to a beach in 2009 sooo kinda want to visit Atlantic city and I am thinking of Niagra Falls. I want to be in NYC for the Ground Zero service on 11th September so may spend the last 3 or 4 days there.

Where would you recommend cheaply? I am using the megabus again probably sooo.. I like value for money..

I kinda want to goo to west coast and yellowstone but anticipate it as expensive.

So any recommendations??:woo:

The American side of Niagara is a dump. Just to warn you. If you want to see Niagara pretty like, cross over into America's Hat and where it's kept up far better because, if nothing else, it is one of the few tourist attractions in America's Hat.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the food for thought guys,
    I still am tempted to do west coast except for the expense because I want to fly because it will only take 5-6hrs which is a lot better than by road.
    Thanks guys!!! :yep:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.