Turn on thread page Beta

“One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter” watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    If they kill or harm others for their political beliefs, they are terrorists.
    :rofl:

Ever read into American imperialism?

ReputationRep:
    No, they are attacking those who attack them. In self-defence, violence is justified.
    Yet Hamas attack them, since Israel opposes the Palestinians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahdrav)
    Dear JakePearson, you have no morals.
    Don't tell me whether I do or do not have morals you ****.

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,441 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000.
    Israeli injuries? In the region of 9000.

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000.
    Ah. Now I must point out the fundamental difference between a coordinated attack on Israeli civilians such as those carried out by Hamas, and coordinated attacks carried out by Israel on terrorist targets which accidentally kill civilians.

During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians.
    Because monetary aid always ends up in the hands of Hamas.

Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none.
    As is always the bias of the UN. I'm glad America and the Federated States of Micronesia see the sense not to vote against Israel.

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.
    Not to mention the amount of hostages taken by Palestinians just because they are Jewish, Western or indeed white.

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,145 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967.
    This is absolute nonsense. Are you telling me that 1750 rockets and 1528 mortar bombs fired from the Gaza Strip in 2008 ALONE did not destroy one SINGLE HOUSE?!

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.1%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.3% and 41.3% in Gaza.
    This is due to a clear policy set by the government of Israel. By the way, the poverty level in Israel is 20.6%.

Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.
    I do not agree with most of the settlements.

And if that were not enough, you have the fact that they have used substances such as White Phosphorus (which has been banned by the Geneva Convention due to how ridiculously inhumane it is) to bomb everything from schools full of toddlers to embassies filled with diplomats.
    You cannot seriously expect Israel not to use a substance like white phosphorous because it is inhumane? Guns, rockets, tanks, bombs, nuclear weapons, jets, etc. etc. are all inhumane! But it is a war. They are used.

How can you justify such heinous actions? Please, I'm fascinated to know.
    I'm not going to give you a hypothetical situation here to think about. I'm going to give you a real one. Israel is constantly faced with rockets fired from Gazan schools. Hamas use these schools knowing full well that Israelis will be faced with the moral decision whether or not to respond. Now what do you do? Do you respond with rockets and kill terrorists, but live with the possibility that you may have killed innocent children because Hamas deliberately fire rockets from schools? Or do you sit and do nothing, and put children on the Israeli side of the border at risk whilst letting terrorists live?
    This is the situation Israel faces every day. I'd be interested to hear what you'd do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)

Ever read into American imperialism?

Oh how funny of you that you think I support the American army.

I don't, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Yet Hamas attack them, since Israel opposes the Palestinians.
    Israel does not oppose the Palestinian people. They oppose Palestinian terrorists who commit themselves to the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorist is such an ambiguous term, which if applied correctly would mean the CIA is the worlds largest and most powerful terrorist organisation. The actions of which have directly and indirectly led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians world wide. I wrote a blog post on it if anyone wants to know more.

http://partylikeprospero.blogspot.co...-powerful.html (Shameless plug :mmm:)

ReputationRep:
    So how come ordinary Palestinians have to pass through checkpoints, simply to go shopping/buy groceries, or to visit friends and relatives? How is that not oppression?

ReputationRep:

Oh how funny of you that you think I support the American army.

I don't, btw.
    So by your logic, Teddy Roosevelt is a terrorist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    So how come ordinary Palestinians have to pass through checkpoints, simply to go shopping/buy groceries, or to visit friends and relatives? How is that not oppression?
    For the same reason that Israelis face body searches, metal detectors and security checks just to go into a supermarket, all because of Palestinian suicide bombers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)
    So by your logic, Teddy Roosevelt is a terrorist?
    Click.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that a quote from St Trinians? Said by the great Camilla Fritton "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"
    Although...she could have said "woman" instead of man..Aww love St Trinians.

Sorry had to break up this serious stuff!

SMILE..everythings going to be FINE.

ReputationRep:
    The Israeli Army does not deliberately target civillian areas.
    Oh dear, another person who believes the IDF over the UN and Amnesty international both of whom say Israel deliberately targets and terrorises civilians quite a lot actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Oh dear, another person who believes the IDF over the UN and Amnesty international both of whom say Israel deliberately targets and terrorises civilians quite a lot actually.
    Sigh. Israel does not deliberately target civilians.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. Israel does not deliberately target civilians.
    Shame they end up killing so many of then then. Youd think that after the first few thousand they might reconsider their plans of action.

ReputationRep:
    Shame they end up killing so many of then then. Youd think that after the first few thousand they might reconsider their plans of action.
    There's really not much else the IDF can do. There is a difference between a deliberate attack on civilians and an attack on terrorists that accidentally kills civilians.

ReputationRep:
    For the same reason that Israelis face body searches, metal detectors and security checks just to go into a supermarket, all because of Palestinian suicide bombers.
    0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,145 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967. Quite a lot of them to build illegal settlements.

Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.

Israel arrests, detains, interrogates, prosecutes and sentences Palestinian children pursuant to a set of Military Orders issued by commanding officers of the Israeli occupying forces, a system which has existed since Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories in 1967. Palestinian children who are arrested by Israeli military personnel are deemed by Israel to be offenders against the “security” of the Israeli State and are subsequently prosecuted under the Israeli military system in Military Courts; a system which also prosecutes Palestinian adults. Currently there are approximately 380 Palestinian children in Israeli custody, many of whom are awaiting trial or sentence, and others who are serving lengthy periods of imprisonment for such minor offences as stone throwing.

According to a B'T salem report (Israeli group), Palestnian detainees even if detained wothout proof of wrongdoing are often subjected to painful torture and ritual humiliation at the hands of the IDF.

Israeli troops stationed at hundreds of roadblocks in the occupied territories barred dozens of pregnant women from crossing the checkpoints while in labor; 34 infants and four women died on their roadblocks since 2000.

Purposely targeting schools, homes and ambulances with no connection to terrorists is a war crime. Amnesty international says "disturbing questions" remain unanswered as to why children playing on roofs and medical staff attending the wounded were killed by "highly accurate missiles" whose operators had detailed views of their targets. Here's the amnesty report detailing war crimes on both sides: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...aza_report.pdf

Conclusion: Israel is a terrorist state. Defend all the above if you want, it's all true.

ReputationRep:
    0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,145 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967. Quite a lot of them to build illegal settlements.
    Again, why would Israel demolish Israeli homes? :confused: However, as there were over 3000 rocket attacks on Israel in 2008 alone, I'm sure Palestine is just as committed to destroying Israeli homes as Israel is Palestinian homes.

Again, I do not agree with the settlements.

Israel arrests, detains, interrogates, prosecutes and sentences Palestinian children pursuant to a set of Military Orders issued by commanding officers of the Israeli occupying forces, a system which has existed since Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories in 1967. Palestinian children who are arrested by Israeli military personnel are deemed by Israel to be offenders against the “security” of the Israeli State and are subsequently prosecuted under the Israeli military system in Military Courts; a system which also prosecutes Palestinian adults. Currently there are approximately 380 Palestinian children in Israeli custody, many of whom are awaiting trial or sentence, and others who are serving lengthy periods of imprisonment for such minor offences as stone throwing.
    Stone throwing damages property, y'know. Other children as young as 5 throw home-made dynamite bombs at soldiers and leave such devices under the sand where Israeli ships land.

According to a B'T salem report (Israeli group), Palestnian detainees even if detained wothout proof of wrongdoing are often subjected to painful torture and ritual humiliation at the hands of the IDF.
    Israel (unlike Palestine) is committed to the rule of law, and holds all suspects, whether Jewish or Arab, in equal view. Palestine does not.

Israeli troops stationed at hundreds of roadblocks in the occupied territories barred dozens of pregnant women from crossing the checkpoints while in labor; 34 infants and four women died on their roadblocks since 2000.
    I do not agree with the actions of the troops in these cases.

Purposely targeting schools, homes and ambulances with no connection to terrorists is a war crime. Amnesty international says "disturbing questions" remain unanswered as to why children playing on roofs and medical staff attending the wounded were killed by "highly accurate missiles" whose operators had detailed views of their targets. Here's the amnesty report detailing war crimes on both sides: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...aza_report.pdf

Conclusion: Israel is a terrorist state. Defend all the above if you want, it's all true.
    How many damn times do I have to say this? I'll quote myself earlier...

"I'm not going to give you a hypothetical situation here to think about. I'm going to give you a real one. Israel is constantly faced with rockets fired from Gazan schools. Hamas use these schools knowing full well that Israelis will be faced with the moral decision whether or not to respond. Now what do you do? Do you respond with rockets and kill terrorists, but live with the possibility that you may have killed innocent children because Hamas deliberately fire rockets from schools? Or do you sit and do nothing, and put children on the Israeli side of the border at risk whilst letting terrorists live?"

ReputationRep:

"I'm not going to give you a hypothetical situation here to think about. I'm going to give you a real one. Israel is constantly faced with rockets fired from Gazan schools. Hamas use these schools knowing full well that Israelis will be faced with the moral decision whether or not to respond. Now what do you do? Do you respond with rockets and kill terrorists, but live with the possibility that you may have killed innocent children because Hamas deliberately fire rockets from schools? Or do you sit and do nothing, and put children on the Israeli side of the border at risk whilst letting terrorists live?"
    You're blind or incredibly dumb. Instead of your usual "Israel doesn't target civilians", tell me a reason as to why I should believe you and the IDF over amnesty and the UN who say Israel does target civilians. Without any proof of terrorists in the same place or nearby that is.

ReputationRep:
    You're blind or incredibly dumb. Instead of your usual "Israel doesn't target civilians", tell me a reason as to why I should believe you and the IDF over amnesty and the UN who say Israel does target civilians. Without any proof of terrorists in the same place or nearby that is.
    I'm the dumb one huh? You have repeatedly hashed the same damn point over and over and over but provided no evidence to support your claim.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I was wondering if anyone else watched St Trinians last night.

Is that what reminded you of the quote, OP?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.