Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

“One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter” watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    No, they are attacking those who attack them. In self-defence, violence is justified.
    lol unlike the resistance forces in Iraq and Afghanistan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeader)
    lol unlike the resistance forces in Iraq and Afghanistan
    I do not support the war in Afghanistan or the war in Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the dumb one huh? You have repeatedly hashed the same damn point over and over and over but provided no evidence to support your claim.
    Purposely targeting schools, homes and ambulances with no connection to terrorists is a war crime. Amnesty international says "disturbing questions" remain unanswered as to why children playing on roofs and medical staff attending the wounded were killed by "highly accurate missiles" whose operators had detailed views of their targets. Here's the amnesty report detailing war crimes on both sides: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...aza_report.pdf

THE UNITED NATIONS AND AMNESTY SAY ISRAEL PURPOSELY TARGETED CIVILIANS WITH NO TERRORISTS OR ANY ANTI-ISRAELI FORCES THERE AT THE TIME OR BEFORE. THE IDF USED HUMAN SHIELDS, SHOT CIVILIANS IN THEIR HOUSES AT POINT BLANK RANGE ETC. ETC.

I respect the UN and amnesty far more than the IDF and as does any decent person even a decent Israeli. If they say that happened than it's good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Purposely targeting schools, homes and ambulances with no connection to terrorists is a war crime. Amnesty international says "disturbing questions" remain unanswered as to why children playing on roofs and medical staff attending the wounded were killed by "highly accurate missiles" whose operators had detailed views of their targets. Here's the amnesty report detailing war crimes on both sides: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...aza_report.pdf

THE UNITED NATIONS AND AMNESTY SAY ISRAEL PURPOSELY TARGETED CIVILIANS WITH NO TERRORISTS OR ANY ANTI-ISRAELI FORCES THERE AT THE TIME OR BEFORE. THE IDF USED HUMAN SHIELDS, SHOT CIVILIANS IN THEIR HOUSES AT POINT BLANK RANGE ETC. ETC.

I respect the UN and amnesty far more than the IDF and as does any decent person even a decent Israeli. If they say that happened than it's good enough for me.
    Funny how your damn link doesn't even work, eh?

The same UN that once had Syria on its Security Council, had LYBIA chairing its Human Rights Panel and recently had Zimbabwe heading up Sustainable Development? If the UN had a minimum requirement that the countries joining were democracies and committed to human rights, I doubt it would adopt resolutions such as the one it once adopted saying Israel has no right to exist. I also do not believe a private, corrupted, anti-American (and automatically anti-Israeli) organisation such as Amnesty International.

I do, however, trust the Supreme Court of Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedenSappy)
    Do you consider the Mujahideed's to be terrorists or freedom fighters, and WHY?
    Judging by their name, I'd say they are terrorists.

I think the point where a freedom fighter becomes a terrorist is when they employ a systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

ReputationRep:
    Israel army are a bunch of trigger happy tossers. End Quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizwani)
    Israel army are a bunch of trigger happy tossers. End Quote
    You're Saudi by the looks of your flag?

Hypocrisy or what?

ReputationRep:
    You're Saudi by the looks of your flag?

Hypocrisy or what?

Na, the statement i made is Fact
    And i am not Saudi by nationality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizwani)
    Na, the statement i made is Fact
    And i am not Saudi by nationality
    The statement that 7 million people are "trigger happy tossers" is fact, is it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The statement that 7 million people are "trigger happy tossers" is fact, is it? :rolleyes:
    well whoever is killing palestinians, and blockading them. End Quote

ReputationRep:
    The IRA were great. Gentleman bombers. You even got a heads up.

What ever happened to good ol' british terrorists with achievable aims. its just not the same anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will change the fact of the crimes against the Palestinians. End Quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paxdax)
    Mujahideen isn't fighting for freedom.
    rep for having me in your sig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerSaysNo)
    Ha, I was wondering if anyone else watched St Trinians last night.

Is that what reminded you of the quote, OP?
    haha no not really :P haha
    I just had a discussion with my friend about terrorism/freedom fighter

but it seems like no one is talking about my topic, everyone's talking about the Israel/Palestine conflict. goddamnit, that's not what I asked about >_<

T___T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedenSappy)
    haha no not really :P haha
    I just had a discussion with my friend about terrorism/freedom fighter

but it seems like no one is talking about my topic, everyone's talking about the Israel/Palestine conflict. goddamnit, that's not what I asked about >_<

T___T
    It's the media happy topic when it comes to terrorism. But I'll put my 2 cents in. Terrorism is the intentional targeting of civilians to induce fear in a population for a political goal. Being a freedom fighter is obviously fighting for one's freedom. Clearly the 2 are not mutually exclusive... however in the case we are all discussing the political goal of Hamas/Islamic Jihad/Hezbollah is not in fact freedom for the Palestinians but destruction of Israel, therefore they are not freedom fighters... just terrorists. If they were fighting for the freedom of the Palestinians they would do it around the negotiating table which has shown Israeli concessions before, not the bomb making factory which has prove to have the opposite effect.

ReputationRep:
    People can call them what they like, they are terrorists by definition.

ReputationRep:
    terrorist is just a title branded to one who opposes the sytem you believe in

ReputationRep:
    Terrorists strike terror into a society or country, legally or illegally so this can be said for ''Hamas'' and the USA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Terrorists strike terror into a society or country, legally or illegally so this can be said for ''Hamas'' and the USA
    Read my definition on an earlier post... the USA doesn't intentionally target civilians and thus is not terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Read my definition on an earlier post... the USA doesn't intentionally target civilians and thus is not terrorist.

Umm.. Yes they do intentionally target civilians. They also make alliances while physicially and financially supporting organisations and groups which target nothing but civilians. The CIA has a long history of this particular type of atrocity, including torture and death squads.

So yes. The USA has and does target civilians.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.