Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyway to remove plastic security tag from clothing?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i bought a cardigan from HnM but the registrar left the plastic security tag on, is there anyway to take it off without ruining the cardigan?!

ReputationRep:
    Just go back in with your receipt

ReputationRep:
    Go back to H & M with the receipt, they'll take it off for you.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it to soak in bleach for a bit and it will just fall off.

ReputationRep:
    it might come out if you hit them on a hard surface. we did this at the shop i worked in when they got stuck and wouldn't come out with the magnet

ReputationRep:
    just take it to the shop with the receipt

ReputationRep:
    Take it back to the shop they will do it for you.

This happened to me with Peacocks once and it made me set off all the alarms in HMV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Rose)
    Do NOT bleach your garment.
    Don't listen to this idiot, bleach corrodes the attachment, it's quicker than taking it back to the shop.

ReputationRep:
    Get a big magnet from school or something and it will come off easily. This happened to one of my friends at school and we just borrowed the science departments strongest magnets, and it came right off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Don't listen to this idiot, bleach corrodes the attachment, it's quicker than taking it back to the shop.
    Yeah, I did this. Works a treat. Don't leave it too long tho, 5-10 minutes should do.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you soak the item of clothing won't it change the colour? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    Not if you use toilet bleach, that only bleaches toilets not clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    Not if you use toilet bleach. That only cleanes and corrodes; won't change the colour.

ReputationRep:
    I don't appreciate being called an idiot. If bleach has worked for you fair enough, but then perhaps your post could include something on how to be safe using it, or which type to use. I mean what if the bleach stained the cardigan, she wouldn't be able to wear it or get a refund. At least by returning to the store it would be removed properly and she may even get something back for the inconvenience as a gesture of goodwill (as I did).

ReputationRep:
    Any shop should do it for you, providing you hae a receipt

ReputationRep:
    I don't appreciate being called an idiot. If bleach has worked for you fair enough, but then perhaps your post could include something on how to be safe using it, or which type to use. I mean what if the bleach stained the cardigan, she wouldn't be able to wear it or get a refund. At least by returning to the store it would be removed properly and she may even get something back for the inconvenience as a gesture of goodwill (as I did).
    Just use plain toilet bleach. It works fine. Soak it for 5 to 10 minutes and the tag will just drop off. So much quicker and easier than going into the shop.

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't need to worry, toilet bleach can't bleach clothes, there was no need for you to just rubbish my advice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As other people have said just go back to the store with the receipt, takes about 5 seconds...maybe a little longer if there's a queue :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Gene_Genie)
    Just use plain toilet bleach. It works fine. Soak it for 5 to 10 minutes and the tag will just drop off. So much quicker and easier than going into the shop.
    Will it smell..? In all the solutions I've heard that isn't one but guess you learn something new everyday! I would still be wary about putting any type of bleach or product on my new clothes but thats just me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Not if you use toilet bleach, that only bleaches toilets not clothes.
    I thought you had to use industrial strength stuff...?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.