Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyway to remove plastic security tag from clothing?? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you have any wire-cutters you could cut the wire in the middle.

Be careful it's not one of those security tags with dye in them, it'll explode all over the garment if you tamper with the tag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Rose)
    Will it smell..? In all the solutions I've heard that isn't one but guess you learn something new everyday! I would still be wary about putting any type of bleach or product on my new clothes but thats just me I guess.
    Will smell a little bit, but after a wash that'll go away. Haha, don't worry, I was wary when I tried it, but it worked perfectly. So much quicker and easier than going to the shop. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Will it smell..? In all the solutions I've heard that isn't one but guess you learn something new everyday! I would still be wary about putting any type of bleach or product on my new clothes but thats just me I guess.
    No the smell just washes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I thought you had to use industrial strength stuff...?
    Nah, toilet bleach will get the job done, and won't damage the clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    She doesn't need to worry, toilet bleach can't bleach clothes, there was no need for you to just rubbish my advice.
    I was under the impression before reading this that bleach could stain, so perhaps she may have thought the same. A warning or advice specifying that in your post would've helped but I didn't mean to rubbish it, I was just surprised at the suggestion and had a vision of someone dipping half a cardigan into bleach and ruining it. I hope your suggestion helps her/someone else =)

ReputationRep:
    yer use a huge magnet... or like the guys sed.. bleach works a treat. i know i did chem

ReputationRep:
    i just kept pulling and bending it, eventually came off

ReputationRep:
    Well if you did any physics then you should be able to take if off without ruining the cardigan or going back as everyone above have already mentioned. I think it's got something to do with the polarity's and magnetic fields....yeah go figure :lick:

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me once and i asked my physics teacher if i could use her magnet. it came right off but she made me show her the reciept. You could always whip up an electromagnet though (i'm not joking, it's pretty easy) but it'd have to be strong.

ReputationRep:
    small saw and cut through the metel bit or just take it back with the reciept

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression before reading this that bleach could stain, so perhaps she may have thought the same. A warning or advice specifying that in your post would've helped but I didn't mean to rubbish it, I was just surprised at the suggestion and had a vision of someone dipping half a cardigan into bleach and ruining it. I hope your suggestion helps her/someone else =)
    Don't worry, toilet bleach is totally safe for clothes.:yep:
    PS. It's not really

ReputationRep:
    I had this with a pair of gloves, and resorted to hitting it with a hammer, until it shattered.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say but it has been covered, use toilet bleach (not clothes bleach as it will stain your clothes) and soak it for about 30 minutes. Pull the tag off and wash the garment on a high setting to remove all traces of the bleach and it will be fine Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    my dad once cut one off with a saw

ReputationRep:
    why does toilet bleach make my clothes white then?

i got some on my trousers and socks while using bleach.

ReputationRep:
    just buy another one because it probs only cost 2 quid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

You probably were using toilet cleaner, not bleach. Plain toilet bleach works fine, trust me, I've used it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Gene_Genie)
    You probably were using toilet cleaner, not bleach. Plain toilet bleach works fine, trust me, I've used it.
    Bang on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

Are you sure it was toilet bleach? Because that definitely only works on ceramics. It must have been something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Are you sure it was toilet bleach? Because that definitely only works on ceramics. It must have been something else.
    Bingo =)

I hear hair bleach works quite well as well...never used it myself, I just take the thing back to the shop xD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.