Turn on thread page Beta

anyway to remove plastic security tag from clothing?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    Bingo =)

I hear hair bleach works quite well as well...never used it myself, I just take the thing back to the shop xD
    Yeah that only works on keratin based substances.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah +1 to bleach- works a treat- i had to do it when i bought something from where i worked just as we were closing up and leaving, so the sensor things at the door didn't have any power and the person who cashed it for me didn't remove the tag and because the alarm didn't go off i didn't realise. :/ +I wanted to wear it the same night I bought it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for suggestions, i'll take it back to the shop if i cant get it off. might try the bleach thing 1st though,

ReputationRep:
    OK I usually spot when there is a tag left on by assistants in shops and this happens ALL the time so let's not assume this person has stolen anything that is just very naive.

Ok, some real advice now, Hammer, and pliers, and you need to use a lot of strength. Be careful if there is ink.
    I once had to do this because I bought a nice silk dress from topshop last minute to go to a Christmas staff party, and by the time I got home it was too late to return the item before I went out so I did it myself. No stealing involved.

ReputationRep:
    If there was a way do you really think it would be their in the first place??

Common sense, take it to the shop or try taking in off and faile miserably

If you stole it ............

I don't help theifs

P.s. Bleaching removes plastic wow I Bounty haven't even found a way to do that

DON'T BLEACH, it's idiotic and what my 5 year old brother would do

ReputationRep:
    oh and i didnt steal it! i bought it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Nobody is being naive, it's called looking at a question from another perspective.

What you're suggesting is, try taking it off like an idiot and fail. :mad:
    Real advice hahahaha

If I bought something from H&M and the tag was on it I would have to travel an hour to my nearest store. So maybe you should look at it from that perspective.

What I have suggested worked for me, no problems what so ever. SO yeah, fine.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I thought you had to use industrial strength stuff...?
    I was cleaning my kitchen and the sleeves of my cardigan became slightly discoloured where I'd got bits of bleach on.. I don't think it was industrial strengh, but my mum bought it for me so it could have been! :p:

ReputationRep:
    use ampere's law to superimpose another magnetic field onto the existing one in a way such that the force between the plates is either 0 or negative. pm me if you need help with the calculations.

ReputationRep:
    electro magnet or you can just take it back with your reciept

ReputationRep:
    Use a bit of C4 on the tag

Sure, you brought it :rolleyes: How did the alarms not go off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)

i did actually buy it., i dont know how it didnt go off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Even if the alarms did go off, this happens all the time when I walk through the door or when people used to walk through the door at the retail store I worked at.. no one really bothers to check these things. I usually notice when I go through to another store. One time I just walked up to the manager of river island and asked her if she could check the item I bought at another store down the road because the tag kept going off in all the shops and I couldn't be bothered to go back so she just removed it for me. Very common thing.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful... some of these tags ( especially higher priced brands ) have ink/dye inside their tags so if they are ripped off without care then obviously the ink/dye stains the clothing.

ReputationRep:
    That's enough. I've cleaned out a lot of rubbish and I think the OP's got several suggestions about what she might do now.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.