Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you're probably weird and antisocial and unlikeable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    I wasnt having a go at you, sorry if it seemed like it.
    Just the whole situation.
    Yes you were. You have a horrible attitude.
    I find it disgusting you would assume that I am a 'freak' because of my schooling.
    I hope you forget to watch out for sharks.
    Good bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Yes you were. You have a horrible attitude.
    I find it disgusting you would assume that I am a 'freak' because of my schooling.
    I hope you forget to watch out for sharks.
    Good bye.
    But I thought we could be best friends

ReputationRep:
    I wasnt having a go at you, sorry if it seemed like it.
    Just the whole situation.
    It's ok, I realise it wasn't a personal attack. I just find it really infuriating when some people don't realise that 'working hard' or 'being intelligent' often equates to 'being the butt of everyone's jokes' in certain environments. Ok, so it's not the case for everyone, but from my own (and friends') experiences, people at that sort of age will find anything to pick at, and I think it's unfair to say that there must be something MAKING them laugh at you, etc.

To be fair, the people calling the names always tended to be the *I'm so hard I have an ASBO* type anyway, so I don't feel TOO bad calling them comparatively dumb :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabobble)
    It's ok, I realise it wasn't a personal attack. I just find it really infuriating when some people don't realise that 'working hard' or 'being intelligent' often equates to 'being the butt of everyone's jokes' in certain environments. Ok, so it's not the case for everyone, but from my own (and friends') experiences, people at that sort of age will find anything to pick at, and I think it's unfair to say that there must be something MAKING them laugh at you, etc.

To be fair, the people calling the names always tended to be the *I'm so hard I have an ASBO* type anyway, so I don't feel TOO bad calling them comparatively dumb :rolleyes:.
    To be fair though, those who work hard are going to actually make something of themselves, and the ones who spent their time making jokes at them will finally realise they royally fcked up their lives.

ReputationRep:
    But I thought we could be best friends
    Not since you desecrated my PM box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    I hope that I am not the only one but I am extremely clever and am in Year 9. Im getting level 8a in maths, 7 in english, and 7 in science. I want to be a doctor and im doing 2 of my gcse's early. My RS mock is on wednesday. aaah.

Anywayz, am i the only one who gets called names at skool by less able, dumb students??? eg. boff, saddo, wierd .ect. ect.

Any comments on this topic welcome
    They're just insecure.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair though, those who work hard are going to actually make something of themselves, and the ones who spent their time making jokes at them will finally realise they royally fcked up their lives.
    Well yeah, that's true, but at the time, being called all manner of not-particularly-nice names for simply caring more about your future than going out and graffiti-ing the local police station can seem like a very bad thing. It's easy to say in hindsight "Oh they'll be sorry now, not being able to get a good job", but try telling that to a year 8/9 kid who feels like crap because of the attitudes of other people who think it's not cool to care.

ReputationRep:
    You'd say I'm a saddo for pointing out that "ect." is actually "etc." and is an abbreviation of the latin expression et cetera which means and so forth.

Am I a saddo or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    You'd say I'm a saddo for pointing out that "ect." is actually "etc." and is an abbreviation of the latin expression et cetera which means and so forth.

Am I a saddo or what?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    talk about being harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)

Am I a saddo or what?
    No, just a pedant :p:.

Although I guess there's a time and a place for pedantry unless you want to risk being branded as snooty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    I hope that I am not the only one but I am extremely clever and am in Year 9. Im getting level 8a in maths, 7 in english, and 7 in science. I want to be a doctor and im doing 2 of my gcse's early. My RS mock is on wednesday. aaah.

Anywayz, am i the only one who gets called names at skool by less able, dumb students??? eg. boff, saddo, wierd .ect. ect.

Any comments on this topic welcome
    Obvious troll, if you're as clever as you claim to be, double check your post and "spot the mistakes"...

ReputationRep:
    It's just a projection of insecurity; many kids probably feel a bit intimidated by you or embarrassed by their own difficulties and failures, that they deal with it by putting you down. Don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to point out how incorrect the title is.

''Dumb'' people cannot speak
    I.E. They are mute
    Therefore they cannot call you names

SORT IT OUT

ReputationRep:
    Don't change and if they bother you, you might consider going to a better school because the only way you can get better at what your at is by competing with people who are as intelligent as you.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'd rather be the sort of shallow ******** that comes out with 'hah why you reading a book you swot' than the sort of arrogant judgemental **** that says things like 'yeah well I'll have a better life than you' 'In ten year's time you'll be nowhere'.

As others have said we've all been there (about half of my AS level lit class thought that Shakespeare was still alive or from the 1900s, and I don't think they quite understood why I would stay in the library voluntarily) but I would never have the idiocy to assume that my life will be 'better' than theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Tbh I'd rather be the sort of shallow ******** that comes out with 'hah why you reading a book you swot' than the sort of arrogant judgemental **** that says things like 'yeah well I'll have a better life than you' 'In ten year's time you'll be nowhere'.

As others have said we've all been there (about half of my AS level lit class thought that Shakespeare was still alive or from the 1900s, and I don't think they quite understood why I would stay in the library voluntarily) but I would never have the idiocy to assume that my life will be 'better' than theirs.
    So calling people a swot is not judgmental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    I would just like to point out how incorrect the title is.

''Dumb'' people cannot speak
    I.E. They are mute
    Therefore they cannot call you names

SORT IT OUT
    lmao!!! Dumb also means stupid or unintelligent.

Similar to how one runs a company, or runs to catch a bus. Both words are the same, but in different contexts.

ReputationRep:
    you're a ikc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.